Albion Rovers v St Mirren

St.Ricky

28 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
36 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

Erhahon lacks basic football skills. Nothing to do with his position 

We differ. I think he is exposed at left bavk. 

I really rate Erhahon, but feel it is very unfair to play him out of position and in such a poorly set up team, it will destroy the lads confidence.  Just listened to JG interview after game and as I thought / hoped, he is after a bit better quality than our usual fare (not saying he will be entirely successful) but hey isn't it good to see we are not just following the same doctrine of bringing in who we can afford who will 'do a job'.  Honestly and I don't mean I am buying in to TF''s top 4 scenario (although I love him for it, we need dreamers) but we really do need to push just a little bit further and I think JG might just be the man for the job, I mean there is absolutley no doubt that the Premier league in Engerland is TOP quality but you know I just love grafters like JG and Big M who will run through a brick wall for the team, yes quality is good but heart and guts and drive and desire for me is what REAL football is all about.  I say give JG a chance, give the team OUR support , I know the results have been rubbish, but HEY we are used to that I men who else but the Buddies (and Scotland of course) can drag defeat from the jaws of Victory. COYS. yesssssssssssssssssss

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The board are a lynch mob, a bit far Alan. When oh when are you going to get over your sacking and when will you realise it was the board that sacked you, a handful of the support on an internet forum had nothing to do with it. What bit of that can't you grasp yet. Also why keep Stubbs as the common denominator there have been 2 other managers in between. I still can't decide if your are actually Stubbs or a Shull trolling alias ???

Neither FFS! 

8 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
8 hours ago, slapsalmon said:
You fishing? 

No. At the end of the 90 minutes Paul McGinn gesticulated towards the aforementioned in a we need help here with his arms out to the side.

We, a set of full time players, need fecking help to beat, or score a fecking goal against two diddy teams? 

Should maybe look at themselves. 

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We, a set of full time players, need fecking help to beat, or score a fecking goal against two diddy teams? 

Should maybe look at themselves. 

The imbalance to the squad and first team just now is there for all to see, but I have agree with you- surely we should have been able to muster a team capable of getting out of that group. 

We have 10 days to get a team together,  or are we just going to write off the first month of league games also ? 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

The imbalance to the squad and first team just now is there for all to see, but I have agree with you- surely we should have been able to muster a team capable of getting out of that group. 

We have 10 days to get a team together,  or are we just going to write off the first month of league games also ? 

Indeed, we need players but this has overshadowed the very poor performances by full time players.

IF there was gestures made after last night it, at Albion fecking Rovers, seems they are not shouldering THEIR responsibility. 

Even IF we get the number of players we need we are going to be picking up players, IMO, that other teams are not interested in.

There's also the probability they will need time to settle in.

Jeezo, what a shambles. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, we need players but this has overshadowed the very poor performances by full time players.

IF there was gestures made after last night it, at Albion fecking Rovers, seems they are not shouldering THEIR responsibility. 

Even IF we get the number of players we need we are going to be picking up players, IMO, that other teams are not interested in.

There's also the probability they will need time to settle in.

Jeezo, what a shambles. 

Players can come in and make a difference providing they are fit and have done a proper pre season. 

We did reasonably well last season attracting unknown players that for the most part turned out decent. It can be done , but time is now against us.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Hopefully a good performance, a good result and afterwards, oh please dear god, no more of our fans spreading malicious bullshit about our manager being "nowhere to be seen" at kick off.

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Surprised nobody wrote that the ref had to delay kick off until the last of the St Mirren party crossed the pitch with the teams lined up for the second game in a row. Is this why we are not winning these games? Is it coincidence? Does it matter? 

Oaky happy to report Goody was in Position for the first half. 

Second half as reported. The whole backroom took a while to get into position but maybe the half time team talk dictated that. Not that it made much difference, if it did.

Another observation was about 10 mins after the start our sports Psyhiologist/fitness assessor/sport scientist sauntered out and wandered round the park on his way to the dug out carrying a few bottles of water. He was deep in thought eyes focused in front. Not on the park. Possibly watching where he was going.

In his buddievision interview from Spain he told us his role was to observe, monitor and advise players to help improve their fitness, performance, attitude and devise methods to keep them fit. Maybe on Match days. he's just the water boy. He's allowed time off from watching the players and allowed to go for a walk. . 

I thought we actually looked like we might win the game in the first 10 minutes. Albion Rovers were definitely on the back foot and provided no goal threat. We weren't exactly on fire but we did look like we could contain them easily.

Unfortunately the game lasted more than 10 minutes. Some of the best chances of the game fell to them and their keeper, Who looked about 17 years old, held our strike force at Bay.

I thought McAllistair was up for it and Breadner tried very hard. We sort of woke up in the last 10 mins and  upped the work rate but it was too little to late and credit to Albion Rovers they might have nicked it in the last 10 as well. They broke out and held up the ball but got a shot or two in as well.

The new penalty rule is a farce. Say no More.

Based on preseason and Betfred performances I think we have a bit more agony in store, Buds.

See you at Easter Road.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Players can come in and make a difference providing they are fit and have done a proper pre season. 

We did reasonably well last season attracting unknown players that for the most part turned out decent. It can be done , but time is now against us.

I just posted on another thread that our recent games could influence ANY decent players decision to come to us.

Would you? 

I just posted on another thread that our recent games could influence ANY decent players decision to come to us.

Would you? 

I would,  but I'm St Mirren daft. Not sure I'd pass the medical though. 

46 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Would you? 

Can he play at left back? 

Can he find the Ground? 

(the latter disqualifies you) 

^^^^^^^^^^ First post of the day and so it begins.

Nice to know he dreams about me and follows me around like a stupid puppy.🤡

He is similar to that other stalking weirdo. The Houston Halfwit. 

Obsessed and jealous cnuts. 

And thick. 

There were far more experienced players who contributed less than Erhahon last night. Magennis is a talented player, but in the 4 games I've seen him so far, he looks as if he's never seen a football before. Others have been equally shite, but I can't be arsed typing any more regarding their shortcomings.

52 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Oaky happy to report Goody was in Position for the first half. 

Second half as reported. The whole backroom took a while to get into position but maybe the half time team talk dictated that. Not that it made much difference, if it did.

Another observation was about 10 mins after the start our sports Psyhiologist/fitness assessor/sport scientist sauntered out and wandered round the park on his way to the dug out carrying a few bottles of water. He was deep in thought eyes focused in front. Not on the park. Possibly watching where he was going.

In his buddievision interview from Spain he told us his role was to observe, monitor and advise players to help improve their fitness, performance, attitude and devise methods to keep them fit. Maybe on Match days. he's just the water boy. He's allowed time off from watching the players and allowed to go for a walk. . 

I thought we actually looked like we might win the game in the first 10 minutes. Albion Rovers were definitely on the back foot and provided no goal threat. We weren't exactly on fire but we did look like we could contain them easily.

Unfortunately the game lasted more than 10 minutes. Some of the best chances of the game fell to them and their keeper, Who looked about 17 years old, held our strike force at Bay.

I thought McAllistair was up for it and Breadner tried very hard. We sort of woke up in the last 10 mins and  upped the work rate but it was too little to late and credit to Albion Rovers they might have nicked it in the last 10 as well. They broke out and held up the ball but got a shot or two in as well.

The new penalty rule is a farce. Say no More.

Based on preseason and Betfred performances I think we have a bit more agony in store, Buds.

See you at Easter Road.

If only. 

If only their wisp of a goalkeeper hadn't played so well. 

Nine shots on target - all saved. 

A couple of special stops in there. 

Scrappy game, broken up by a large number of fouls (22 from Rovers) alone. 

Few players stood out, other than the Albion Rovers keeper. 

Good points

We didnt lose a goal

We got the bonus point

The players were worked hard by a determined Albion Rovers side. 

I got in for free thanks to my navigation system. 

Improvement Points 

We could score - it would help. 

Our staff could be in place in the dugout before the game kicks off for each half.  No need to get on my back about this - That's what ELS is here for. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

He is similar to that other stalking weirdo. The Houston Halfwit. 

Obsessed and jealous cnuts. 

And thick. 

Shouldn't you two get a private room to cosy up in?

Have to say that on present form you are made for each other. 

Don't let the rest of us disturb your love in. 

Ps. A few of us were at the game. We will probably talk about that, the team, the manager and the club. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Shouldn't you two get a private room to cosy up in?

Have to say that on present form you are made for each other. 

Don't let the rest of us disturb your love in. 

Ps. A few of us were at the game. We will probably talk about that, the team, the manager and the club. 

You talk about Faraway Saint more than football. 

You would love a private room with him. 

Stalking weirdo and a full time troll.

Worrying. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

You talk about Faraway Saint more than football. 

You would love a private room with him. 

Stalking weirdo and a full time troll.

Worrying. 

Read my post about the game Mr S. Only my views mind you. Others may differ.