Does The Club Need Fresh Investment?

8 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:

He's made a typo. What you've just said is the point he's made above. 

Thanks. In that case I clearly agree with that part of his post. I don't doubt either that SMISA has the right to do as suggested but can't see that happening any time soon. 

Overall, the club has made progress thought not in this specific area, it seems. Others will know more about that than I do. 

17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

That's easy. You contact Smisa,as a member and ask if they can remove the chairman of the club. They can confirm this .

And he has put a penny in the club he paid money to buy  shares  ,that is all

There is no reasonable mechanism to remove him before we can repay his money (not that I see why anyone would want to, when we look at the success his stewardship has been so far).

As for the myth there isn’t a financial sacrifice from GLS in the BTB deal. What do we think is the loss in interest alone on the money he’s put up to buy the club? 

There is no reasonable mechanism to remove him before we can repay his money (not that I see why anyone would want to, when we look at the success his stewardship has been so far).
As for the myth there isn’t a financial sacrifice from GLS in the BTB deal. What do we think is the loss in interest alone on the money he’s put up to buy the club? 
Probably a helluva lot less than the depreciation on his car!

28 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

That means only the Old firm would have any investment in our league then? What about clubs investing to win a place in Europe competitions or national trophy? Realistically only 2 Scottish clubs will win top prize in the SPL.  

Waste of time playing in a league format. 

Corrupt Scottish Football where the winners are funded via sectarianism and bigotry. 

1985 was the last time. 

Probably never a next time. 

Get rid of Sevco and Celtic and we will have a proper league. 

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not a lot in the current climate. 

Well worth writing off in favour of a higher profile I would say. 

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You think a crass statement like that should go unchallenged?

Had you not butted in with a pointless and needless post, it would have been two less for people to wade through!

I agree. :rolleyes:

PS You're going to be busy while you're on your mighty steed challenging crass statements. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree. :rolleyes:

PS You're going to be busy while you're on your mighty steed challenging crass statements. :lol:

IQ and EQ challengesd F Man. You do dredge the bottom of the barrel in your online antics and comments. I'm starting to become grateful that you don't attend games. The atmosphere is better without you. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Cantonaesque response which doesn't hide another flip-flop.

Back on subject it'll be interesting to see what the wage for last season bill is when the Financial Accounts are published in November.

Sure will book mark it and dont forget. 

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Cantonaesque response which doesn't hide another flip-flop.

Back on subject it'll be interesting to see what the wage for last season bill is when the Financial Accounts are published in November.

Flip flop not from me November will make an intresting read. Until the put your hand bag away and get your heated rollers on.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

IQ and EQ challengesd F Man. You do dredge the bottom of the barrel in your online antics and comments. I'm starting to become grateful that you don't attend games. The atmosphere is better without you. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Flip flop not from me November will make an intresting read. Until the put your hand bag away and get your heated rollers on.

Image result for chuckle brothers

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sure will book mark it and dont forget. 

You're correct we will see how much of the McGinn windfall we used up last season in November - this summer's shenanigans will take another year before becoming public however all may not be revealed as they are as nebulous as your posts - btw I do not need rollers for my hair as it is naturally curly!

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

What efforts?

For years we have been weak in this area, resulting in us chasing the easy short term cash of us displacing our own season ticket holders and reducing season ticket income to pander to the old firm to our long term detriment.

Hospitality... Previously classy... Now done on the cheap. Meal poorer. Even the complimentary pen has gone from classy to no more than a bic!

Hospitality places regularly given away to make it look busy!

Annual dinner. Hospitality. Golf do. Same old same old.

Within our fanbase, we are bound to have radio presenters... Comedians... Personalities who could present the hospitality day, releasing Campbell to network... Mingle with the guests. But no. It's his baby.

How many funerals do we host?
A major source of income for the fakes... With Woodside just up the road why isn't it one of ours?

How many networking business open days have we hosted?

Getting business owners together to network and support one another whilst promoting our own facilities?

How have we encouraged increased season ticket sales?

What have we done to increase youth support? You know... The kids we kick out for old firm games?

"Exhausted it's efforts"?

Don't make me laugh.

Actually, I can't. It is criminal neglect and makes me weep.

So many opportunities... Lost because of our small minded short term approach to income... Spunked on pay offs!

A post full of questions that you have no idea of the answers to but still conclude in outraged fashion.

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

You're correct we will see how much of the McGinn windfall we used up last season in November - this summer's shenanigans will take another year before becoming public however all may not be revealed as they are as nebulous as your posts - btw I do not need rollers for my hair as it is naturally curly!

So you know hee haw but condemne others who do . But obviously you cant grap basics . Like what? In's and  outs =  a healthy budget. Did not take you as thick but hey hoo you never know. As I said put your hand bag away did the hot rollers do the job darling.  Wait and see I will forgive you simple because you cant work it out Mrs Colin. 

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

The Loons are Forfar Athletic, Faraway is Arbroath. Close but not quite.

By all means call him a Red Litchie.

A "loon  is also a North East word for a lad / boy. A" quine  is a girl / woman. But a Red Lichtie also suits his red light photos that he has posted on line tonight. Toilet humour. 

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

How exactly do you know what knowledge I have?

No outrage... Sheer frustration and disappointment!

You happy with our outcomes from the areas mentioned?

Apologies for confusing your outrage with frustration and disappointment.

I have no idea of the outcomes you mention, nor do you. 

6 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Probably a helluva lot less than the depreciation on his car!

Must be a ‘helluva’ car then... even if it was true, irrelevant. Well done to him for being such a success in his business life. 

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not a lot in the current climate. 

Well worth writing off in favour of a higher profile I would say. 

Higher profile chairman? Not sure if that’s what you meant but I think a lot of people can see the benefit in fan ownership in the modern day. I don’t see any other outcome that’ll be better for our club personally, especially considering the near decade the club was up for sale before BTB completed. 

53 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So you know hee haw but condemne others who do . But obviously you cant grap basics . Like what? In's and  outs =  a healthy budget. Did not take you as thick but hey hoo you never know. As I said put your hand bag away did the hot rollers do the job darling.  Wait and see I will forgive you simple because you cant work it out Mrs Colin. 

I know from previous financial reports (which are available via this website) that we spent a lot more on wages during the Rae/Ross season (16/17) than we did the previous one under Murray/Rae (17/18) when we had to finance our first "great escape" and although there is the added factor of a promotion between the last two seasons some people previous comments on the 10% of player budget issue (and that includes you) are gonna look pretty naïve come November.

If you wanna regurgitate everything you read on the web as proof of being ITK that's your business but I'm not the only one who's called you out on this.

PS - The "you're effeminate" routine really dates you with dinosaurs like Jim Davidson etc - not only am I proud of my long, luxuriant hair but I moisturise to keep my skin in good condition.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I know from previous financial reports (which are available via this website) that we spent a lot more on wages during the Rae/Ross season (16/17) than we did the previous one under Murray/Rae (17/18) when we had to finance our first "great escape" and although there is the added factor of a promotion between the last two seasons some people previous comments on the 10% of player budget issue (and that includes you) are gonna look pretty naïve come November.

If you wanna regurgitate everything you read on the web as proof of being ITK that's your business but I'm not the only one who's called you out on this.

PS - The "you're effeminate" really really dates you with dinosaurs like Jim Davidson etc - not only am I proud of my long, luxuriant hair but I moisturise to keep my skin in good condition.

Maybe time to up the moisturising? 

Image result for 1000 year old man