Why has the Director of Football failed?

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I don't disagree with your opening sentence but that simply means there is NO role for Gus in terms of what the job description was when he got it. It is quite simply, a waste of a salary that could potentially have went on the playing staff. I said at the time I felt it was a "job for the boy" scenario and what has not happened this window simply emphasises this. It's time to end the fiasco and get rid of Gus ASAP. Though I suspect he'll have been given a 25 year contract from his buddy.

:D Imagine the compensation for a contract that length!

2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

As I understand it. Gus's main role is to keep Gordon Scott aware of all matters relating to playing staff and the management team. He is effectively there to spy on the manager and keep Gordon in the loop. Any other roles are superfluous to this. 

Wee trips to Spain and wearing the tracksuit are part of his remit. Gordon would need accurate reports on how the training was going. The DOF/signing players is just a cover story for Gordon's Hatchet man.

#conspiracytheoriesfrommytravels

Jiings next you will be telling us he is GS' golf caddy

4 hours ago, cambiebud said:

Dear oh dear. The manager has been in place for under 3 weeks ffs. He has looked at the squad and will now know what he needs. Let’s see what the next couple of weeks brings before the knives are sharpened

I think you have entirely missed the point.

Nobody has any knives out for Jim Goodwin. The DoF position is supposed to be in place to help the manager, especially in the situation where he is only in the job 3 weeks and has competitive games. That clearly hasn't happened.

If as many are saying we need the manager to make the decisions on the team and new players, then the DoF position is pretty much redundant. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Should we not judge the success or failure of our dealings in the transfer window once the window closes?

No, we should have the bulk of the squad in place and working together weeks before the season starts, not a month in to league games!

This has been repeated a couple of times here, but in modern football at most clubs "a say" is all they get. We absolutely should not be waiting for a new manager or head coach to be appointed before bringing players in. The squad should have been built regardless of whether it was going to be Oran or Jim in charge. Modern coaches are expected to be flexible enough to deal with the squad they have.

The manager should always have a say I and don’t think a manager like jim would touch us if we didn’t let them decide what type of players they want in to build their squad.

13 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

The manager should always have a say I and don’t think a manager like jim would touch us if we didn’t let them decide what type of players they want in to build their squad.

Then their is absolutely NO reason for Gus MacPherson's position. Get rid!

There was a quote doing the rounds on Friday from Goodwin's BuddieVision interview that suggested he wasn't a huge fan of how this technical director stuff is working. When I asked on P&B someone kindly reproduced it for me, so here it is.

On 20/07/2019 at 17:15, RossC93 said:

"Gus has a list of players and they can be good ones but I have to want the players as well" is the exact quote. Followed it with "we're working from a list that I've given to them and we're doing what we can to get those in."

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Should we not judge the success or failure of our dealings in the transfer window once the window closes?

Who are we going to attract to this shambles of a club at this moment in time, we can’t hold on to any managers and sign duds that’s why we’re in the position we’re in. (Premier league you havin a laugh)

Guest TPAFKATS
Well, we can all quote a specific season nut you're not stupid enough not to see my point..................................aren't you? :wink:
Really? Is that all you've got? Nothing to add to the rumour and innuendo you've previously posted?

Guest TPAFKATS
No, we should have the bulk of the squad in place and working together weeks before the season starts, not a month in to league games!
That's different from what you've started this topic on though.

Guest TPAFKATS

Work has been an continues to be ongoing to bring players to the club. The thread was started on the assertion that Gus has failed in this transfer window.
My point remains that we should judge the window once it shuts.
Its worth noting that we have tried to sign players. For various reasons we haven't been successful. We have offered transfer fees.

Who are we going to attract to this shambles of a club at this moment in time, we can’t hold on to any managers and sign duds that’s why we’re in the position we’re in. (Premier league you havin a laugh)

5 hours ago, whydowebother said:

I doubt he has ‘failed’ he will have continued looking at options, but discussions would have been ‘paused’ to wait to liase with the new manager to chat about the ‘options/needs/requirements & direction the new management would like to go’

Basic really, isn’t it ?

My goodness WDWB, you make absolute sense. 

17 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, faraway saint said:
Well, we can all quote a specific season nut you're not stupid enough not to see my point..................................aren't you? :wink:

Really? Is that all you've got? Nothing to add to the rumour and innuendo you've previously posted?

Like you squirming away from your original points? 

Rumour and innuendo?

Oh, aye, we have signed next to nobody.

You say money isn't an issue, can you prove this? 

Hurry, I'm pishing myself. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Rumour and innuendo?
No, I'm asking you to prove money is an issue.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Rumour and innuendo?

I'm asking you, prove money isn't an issue? 

Ping pong anyone? 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
20 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Rumour and innuendo?

Waste of time. The usual rules apply with F Man. He really is the empty vessel which makes most noise...but no sense unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Rumour and innuendo?

You win, PRicky is on your team, I'm doomed. :lol:

17 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You win, PRicky is on your team, I'm doomed. :lol:

Come on   I dont attend games  but I get a boomer from Emojis.  The poster who has spent more time in the sin bin than any other poster. Who take this creepy twat seriously? No one 🤣

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
I'm asking you, prove money isn't an issue? 
Ping pong anyone? 

Ffs, stop being a dick.

Ok, you fecking prove we have money?

The fact is we've signed next to nobody.

The reason....................who knows.

I'll quote your original post when I can be arsed, keep up the abuse. 

Now, the League Cup....................................away and gies piece. :byebye

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, you fecking prove we have money?

The fact is we've signed next to nobody.

The reason....................who knows.

I'll quote your original post when I can be arsed, keep up the abuse. 

Now, the League Cup....................................away and gies piece. :byebye

Dim, dim, dim. Exists in his own parallel universe where he is clever and funny. Back in the real world. Dim, dim dim. 

Edited by St.Ricky