Why has the Director of Football failed?

You’re really not teaching me a lesson and asking someone to clarify what question they asked isn’t deflection. 
You are yet again wrong in your attempt to show me lie, deflect or spin. Poor wee lamb. [emoji26]

And with that, as always, you bluster your way out of answering a question.

Another titanic ping pong battle that Baz uses to wear down the designated opponent!

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Can you recommend one for this problem from your own experience????  😁

Wi mah heid!!!?   :lol:

Kojak is hairier than I am.  Thus MY experience is severely limited.

I've never used any of that shite, since I realised the occasional flakiness on the bald heid was down to me mindlessly slathering on shampoo in the shower after a run.

(there is now a perfect skin surface.  :)  )

Don't you agree?

(that, last, was rhetorical....)

Edited by antrin

Could I just interject in a relatively meaningless manner (as seems to be the fashion)?

Coherent English would be so much more acceptable then Cohesive English.

Unless you are all sniffing glue...   :unsure:

Sometimes I like to use big words I don't really understand to make myself sound more photosynthesis! [emoji12]

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

And with that, as always, you bluster your way out of answering a question.

Another titanic ping pong battle that Baz uses to wear down the designated opponent!

Evidence above for all to see. I haven’t seen a question from you & you would rather send dozens of messages back & forward than actually clarify what it was. 

You are categorically the one that has kept this going & could have ended it so easily by just repeating (or pointing out where it was sent) the question. 

Good effort but ultimately another fail to add to your collection. Ouch 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Evidence above for all to see. I haven’t seen a question from you & you would rather send dozens of messages back & forward than actually clarify what it was. 

You are categorically the one that has kept this going & could have ended it so easily by just repeating (or pointing out where it was sent) the question. 

Good effort but ultimately another fail to add to your collection. Ouch 

Evidence that you won't practice what you preach. Nothing less. Nothing more. Hypocrite!

Read back and answer! Not prepared to?

You expect that of others. 

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Evidence that you won't practice what you preach. Nothing less. Nothing more. Hypocrite!

Read back and answer! Not prepared to?

You expect that of others. 

What on Earth are you on about? I assure you if you asked me to clarify a point that you had not seen & didn’t know where it was I would clarify it. :lol:

Private messages are a great feature.

My view of the Director of Football is that while I thought it might make sense and provide stability and continuity, this transfer window is the type for which the role seemed custom made. We had a change of manager and if we believe Gordon Scott this change of manager was expected. Many managers are now saying they work 6-12 months in advance to prepare for transfer windows. 

Many St Mirren fans would have expected that since January the club would have been having internal discussions about prospects stepping up from the youth academy to the first team, first team players we wanted to offer contract extensions to, first team players we were expecting bids for, players who would be leaving at the end of their loan deal or end of contract and to have been scouting replacements for 6 months so that when the window opened (or when last season ended) we would have discussions with players and agents and have an idea of what they were looking for and what we could offer.

I don't think any fans expected we'd get all our replacements in before pre-season began. We're used to waiting on some loan signings arriving at the last minute. As things stand at the moment, we expected that despite the change of manager we would have made more progress than we've made so far.

14 out and 3 in, isn't great when the league season kicks off this week and when an injury to Gary MacKenzie meant we began our final League Cup game with 1 fit centre half, 1 right full back being played as an emergency centre half, two young central midfielders being played as full backs, a midfield with no wide players, and no new forwards on board since Nazons and Jackson left at the the end of their deals.

The only silver lining is that we haven't panic bought yet, and Goodwin is probably correct to replace the 14 hit and miss departures with 4 or 5 better / more expensive players to add to our first 3 signings of the window.

bazil v bek.png

14 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My view of the Director of Football is that while I thought it might make sense and provide stability and continuity, this transfer window is the type for which the role seemed custom made. We had a change of manager and if we believe Gordon Scott this change of manager was expected. Many managers are now saying they work 6-12 months in advance to prepare for transfer windows. 

Many St Mirren fans would have expected that since January the club would have been having internal discussions about prospects stepping up from the youth academy to the first team, first team players we wanted to offer contract extensions to, first team players we were expecting bids for, players who would be leaving at the end of their loan deal or end of contract and to have been scouting replacements for 6 months so that when the window opened (or when last season ended) we would have discussions with players and agents and have an idea of what they were looking for and what we could offer.

I don't think any fans expected we'd get all our replacements in before pre-season began. We're used to waiting on some loan signings arriving at the last minute. As things stand at the moment, we expected that despite the change of manager we would have made more progress than we've made so far.

14 out and 3 in, isn't great when the league season kicks off this week and when an injury to Gary MacKenzie meant we began our final League Cup game with 1 fit centre half, 1 right full back being played as an emergency centre half, two young central midfielders being played as full backs, a midfield with no wide players, and no new forwards on board since Nazons and Jackson left at the the end of their deals.

The only silver lining is that we haven't panic bought yet, and Goodwin is probably correct to replace the 14 hit and miss departures with 4 or 5 better / more expensive players to add to our first 3 signings of the window.

Indeed, after clinching the league title against Livingston in April 2017 Jack Ross was asked "When do the preparations for next season begin?" and he answered "Last Month!".

148375359_bazilvbek.thumb.png.0f11f7b6afe03b0ba23431f5c49d3581.png
Now had you used paragraphs, that would possibly have been interesting reading!

23 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

bazil v bek.png

I was thinking that was some list until I seen there was only three names on it. Maybe we should start a new thread for BEK & me and anytime we want to respond to each other we can do it in there. Certainly stop some of the crying you see on here... haha

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I was thinking that was some list until I seen there was only three names on it. Maybe we should start a new thread for BEK & me and anytime we want to respond to each other we can do it in there. Certainly stop some of the crying you see on here... haha

As already suggested, private message would suffice and give a lot of people some relief. :hammer

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

But like others, I don't actually WANT to respond to you as the response is predictable!

I choose to so that someone calls you out!

I'm taking one for the team!!! 

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

But like others, I don't actually WANT to respond to you as the response is predictable!

I choose to so that someone calls you out!

I'm taking one for the team!!! 

I don't believe you. And the team doesn't seem to like it.