Why has the Director of Football failed?

Just now, jaybee said:
  On 7/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, DLBud said:

10 fit, recognised, first team players for Saturday now (IF McGinn and GMac are ready to go).

I believe the original question that started this thread is a moot point.

Never heard of im; but if he's a striker we'll ave im.😄

No he played in midfield for us - when he was allowed off the exercise bike!

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:
4 minutes ago, jaybee said:
  On 7/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, DLBud said:

10 fit, recognised, first team players for Saturday now (IF McGinn and GMac are ready to go).

I believe the original question that started this thread is a moot point.

Never heard of im; but if he's a striker we'll ave im.😄

No he played in midfield for us - when he was allowed off the exercise bike!

NAW! ah wis oan about the MOOT guy.  :D

42 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Thanks but no you haven't, you've just expressed a different one.

I was replying to your hypothetical question in kind!

Time will tell but it confirms that the post of DoF is currently redundant!

If you don’t think the team we put out was good enough to beat L2/ lowland league teams you’re making an assumption on the quality on the park. There’s a reason you’re getting little support on this. 

There was me thinking this was going to be your day off. :rolleyes:
kettle black & all that. 
Someone set an example... Always answer!

Difference?

I've only had to reprimand one inconsiderate twat as opposed to annoying countless posters and even more readers!

As I said... Nothing new in how many pages?

Feel free to ignore like you did my last question! [emoji12]

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’d have signed players that JG didn’t want thinking they weren’t good enough? :blink:

He already inherited a squad of players who he might have, or might not, have thought were good enough.

Plenty managers inherit teams that they didn't sign.

What if we didn't get Goodwin as quickly as we did, should we not have signed any players....................well, we really didn't anyway.

Don't you have any faith in the person who was hired to sign players? 

After Goodwin arrived we were still slow, an understatement, to start any moves in the transfer market. 

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Someone set an example... Always answer!

Difference?

I've only had to reprimand one inconsiderate twat as opposed to annoying countless posters and even more readers!

As I said... Nothing new in how many pages?

Feel free to ignore like you did my last question! emoji12.png

Some BEK spin, oh how we haven’t missed it. 

Seems a fair few on here agree with me that our current team aren’t lower than L2 level :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He already inherited a squad of players who he might have, or might not, have thought were good enough.

Plenty managers inherit teams that they didn't sign.

What if we didn't get Goodwin as quickly as we did, should we not have signed any players....................well, we really didn't anyway.

Don't you have any faith in the person who was hired to sign players? 

After Goodwin arrived we were still slow, an understatement, to start any moves in the transfer market. 

None of that answers my question. We did hire Goodwin, do you think we should have forced him to sign players he didn’t think were good enough? 

Gus role (assuming it hasn’t changed since OK Q&A) is to source & scout potential signings that will then go through a process to determine their viability & value add to the squad. Not to go over the managers head in signing players.  

That process now seems to be producing fruit of the rumours are to be believed. Would it be good if it could have been done earlier? Yes. Was that possible? Unknown. 

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’d have signed players that JG didn’t want thinking they weren’t good enough? :blink:

Managers rarely sign players anymore. Look at Pochettino's interview today.

It would be perfectly normal for us to have signed players without a manager. Hence the reason for a DoF in the first place.

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

It would be perfectly normal for us to have signed players without a manager. Hence the reason for a DoF in the first place.

It’s highly likely Goodwin has input in this and potentially final say. specifically if you look at his interviews about being given lists & that he could have signed players but didn’t think they were what we needed. 

DoF takes many forms but people need to remember that isn’t any model we have in place. Tony isn’t a DoF & neither is Gus.

Edited by bazil85

Eh? :blink:
You'd wait, not knowing who was available?
Bit of a gamble? 
Have you taken your medication today? :hammer

Just because you didn’t know who was available later in the window doesn’t mean that Gus didn’t!

:1eye

You haven’t answered the question. If you thought you could sign better players later in the window (like Gus & JG obviously do), would you not wait?

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Just because you didn’t know who was available later in the window doesn’t mean that Gus didn’t!

:1eye

You haven’t answered the question. If you thought you could sign better players later in the window (like Gus & JG obviously do), would you not wait?

Eh? :1eye

Circles....................:byebye 

Guest TPAFKATS

Were we a league ready team? I didn't think so and said so at the time.
Acknowledging that Stubbs made mistakes doesn't make this window a success as you seem to half agree!
Also you seem to be agreeing with me - aiming to get core players in early and fine tuning towards the end of the window!

I'm just trying to point out that the window can't be judged as a failure as there is still a month to go.
Last preseason window was a failure. I can say that as its over and I'm judging it on how the players signed performed.

Guest TPAFKATS
And the same guys moaning that gus signed these players were also moaning when he got the job as it meant he'd be signing players instead of the manager

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Geez yappy wee dug.

Gonnae just let the bone go?

Nothing new on how many pages?
emoji50.pngemoji850.pngemoji26.png

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

As I said... and yet again...
Total spin... Completely irrelevant to my post or ignored question yet again!
Fail!

And he’s off, can’t help himself. Suppose I’m a healthier obsession than junk food, smoking or the bevy 😁

Everyone is going around in circles here.

The question is, "Why has the DOF failed"?

The answer to that is because he hasn't done what the Chairman said he was brought in to do. The recruitment didn't continue without a manager in place. 

Whether we end up with a squad capable of staying in the league, for the purpose of this question, is irrelevant.

There has been no continuity. Quite clearly, and even some who claim he hasn't failed admit this, the input of the new manager seems paramount in distinguishing players to fill out our squad. IF this is the case, why are we spunking what is probably a significant salary on a jumped up scout?

ETA. Even that role is only assumed as no one has definitively proven Gus actually sourced the previous influx. In fact I was talking to someone today who praised Kearney for his contacts in the game. Who's to say he's not right in that assumption? 

Edited by stlucifer

So.... according to some posters getting f**ked up the arse by Dunfermline, Edinburgh City, Albion Rovers and the mighty East Kilbride was all part of the plan to go as long as possible with a piss poor, short numbered squad!

well why the f**k didnt Gus & Gordon say that then? It all makes perfect sense now... try to force your manager out hoping he'll quit and you wont have to pay compo, then hire feckin no players for weeks! Presumably to help cover what you spaffed on the compo. Its feckin genius..!

cant think why none of our competitors havent done it too?

oh... and keep saying, and get the players to say to the media "we are so pleased we arent making 'Panic Signings'..... but.. err doesnt trying to get 5-6 players in a couple of days before your first league game look a lot like "PANIC STATIONS'..?