Why has the Director of Football failed?

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

We had a league ready team in time for the first game of last season. OK the team was shite, but it was assembled in plenty of time by the then manager including a 75k transfer fee.

I would've preferred players in earlier as well. I'm sure everyone in a position to affect this at the club will agree with us on that.
Given that the English window shuts earlier we will always be likely to pick players up in August.

... and at least the World Cup isn't delaying our transfer spree this season!

44 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So.... according to some posters getting f**ked up the arse by Dunfermline, Edinburgh City, Albion Rovers and the mighty East Kilbride was all part of the plan to go as long as possible with a piss poor, short numbered squad!

well why the f**k didnt Gus & Gordon say that then? It all makes perfect sense now... try to force your manager out hoping he'll quit and you wont have to pay compo, then hire feckin no players for weeks! Presumably to help cover what you spaffed on the compo. Its feckin genius..!

cant think why none of our competitors havent done it too?

oh... and keep saying, and get the players to say to the media "we are so pleased we arent making 'Panic Signings'..... but.. err doesnt trying to get 5-6 players in a couple of days before your first league game look a lot like "PANIC STATIONS'..?

Remaining players from last season should have been enough to get us through that league cup group. No matter how much your hatred for Gus & GLS wants that to be different, it won’t be. 

50 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Deflection!
Sheer deflection.

Not sure who you even think you are talking to.
Nobody listens to you other than to laugh or correct you.

Can’t help yourself but respond, pot kettle black continues. 😁

I would ask you what you’re on about with me deflecting but you’ve proven time & time again you can’t show it because it doesn’t exist. The spin king. 

Can’t help yourself but respond, pot kettle black continues. [emoji16]
I would ask you what you’re on about with me deflecting but you’ve proven time & time again you can’t show it because it doesn’t exist. The spin king. 
Still nothing new.
Still more deflection.

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Geez yappy wee dug.

Gonnae just let the bone go?

Nothing new on how many pages?
emoji50.pngemoji850.pngemoji26.png

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

We had a league ready team in time for the first game of last season. OK the team was shite, but it was assembled in plenty of time by the then manager including a 75k transfer fee.

I would've preferred players in earlier as well. I'm sure everyone in a position to affect this at the club will agree with us on that.
Given that the English window shuts earlier we will always be likely to pick players up in August.

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

If you don’t think the team we put out was good enough to beat L2/ lowland league teams you’re making an assumption on the quality on the park. There’s a reason you’re getting little support on this. 

You’d have signed players that JG didn’t want thinking they weren’t good enough? :blink:

There was me thinking this was going to be your day off. :rolleyes:

kettle black & all that. 

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Someone set an example... Always answer!

Difference?

I've only had to reprimand one inconsiderate twat as opposed to annoying countless posters and even more readers!

As I said... Nothing new in how many pages?

Feel free to ignore like you did my last question! emoji12.png

Some BEK spin, oh how we haven’t missed it. 

Seems a fair few on here agree with me that our current team aren’t lower than L2 level :rolleyes:

None of that answers my question. We did hire Goodwin, do you think we should have forced him to sign players he didn’t think were good enough? 

Gus role (assuming it hasn’t changed since OK Q&A) is to source & scout potential signings that will then go through a process to determine their viability & value add to the squad. Not to go over the managers head in signing players.  

That process now seems to be producing fruit of the rumours are to be believed. Would it be good if it could have been done earlier? Yes. Was that possible? Unknown. 

Posted these to save you two posting the same shite again.... for a few minutes.

i hope this helps?  :)

Edited by antrin
Just trying to be helpful.

5 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

We don't have a complete full time SPL squad at present (22/23 players) - that's my point.

That is irrelevant. We have more than enough players who should be good enough to beat those two teams.

To be fair, if we’d had a proven goal scorer we would have won both games.

Edited by oaksoft

4 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If you thought you could sign better core players later in the window, would you not wait?

Hypothetical question! :rolleyes: 

As I've already said my opinion is that it's best to get the bulk of your squad in early and bedded in for the start of the league season and to fine tune the squad at the end of the window. Leaving the bulk of your recruitment to the end of the windows just delays the point in the season where the team is game ready with no guarantee of better quality players.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As I've already said my opinion is that it's best to get the bulk of your squad in early and bedded in for the start of the league season and to fine tune the squad at the end of the window. Leaving the bulk of your recruitment to the end of the windows just delays the point in the season where the team is game ready with no guarantee of better quality players.

Makes sense in your hypothetical supposition, however the reality of the situation did not allow for that to happen, I have no wish to revisit all the reasons why, they have been well documented.  In my opinion JG has chosen a wise course (we may have to wait a while to see if that is actually the case) in going for better quality than has been usually brought in, this is not to say all will be successful, some will, some wont and some ..........well we will have to wait and see, but it should be interesting and exciting methinks.  COYS

Guest TPAFKATS

Posted these to save you two posting the same shite again.... for a few minutes.

i hope this helps?  [emoji4]

Hey, wtf am I doing in there!

41 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Makes sense in your hypothetical supposition, however the reality of the situation did not allow for that to happen, I have no wish to revisit all the reasons why, they have been well documented.  In my opinion JG has chosen a wise course (we may have to wait a while to see if that is actually the case) in going for better quality than has been usually brought in, this is not to say all will be successful, some will, some wont and some ..........well we will have to wait and see, but it should be interesting and exciting methinks.  COYS

This is the second summer in a row we've had a managerial change in the close season, my recollection is that GM was brought in to provide continuity in these circumstances.

Chairman Gordon Scott said the new structure was introduced because "we have learned lessons" in recent months.

My opinion remains that the "new structure" hasn't worked this summer for reasons that I've already given too many times. :zipit.

:offtopicAs an aside perhaps the number of posts you make on any thread should be limited either to 20 in total or three a day.:offtopic

Edited by Bud the Baker

27 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, antrin said:

i hope this helps?  emoji4.png

Hey, wtf am I doing in there!

Aye.  I know. Sorry.  :(

i’d posted It but couldnae force myself to read all that drench keich again to edit/tidy up...

it’s fate, karma. I blame ghod.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

As an aside perhaps the number of posts you make on any thread should be limited either to 20 in total or three a day.:offtopic

if  your names DIv, fair enough otherwise show the same respect I showed you, I put forward a point of view, your view seems to be if you keep repeating it often enough people will listen, but not if your talking crap.  AND who the feck made you the forum police.

On 7/29/2019 at 4:42 PM, faraway saint said:

I know you are like a parrot on speed but I'll remind you, again, you have the option to view ignored posts if you choose.

Usual deflection. 

Anyhow, I knew you wouldn't choose the private message option as you actually revel in being a walloper. 

TBH if it wasn't for BEK no cnut would engage with you at all. :lol:

Why don't we ALL not answer Baz... he'll soon f**k off

7 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Don’t think anyone is denying that would be best, just the reality of football it isn’t always possible to get good enough players in early. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Actually believes he's some sort of saviour. :hammer

Nope, the evidence is for all to see. Backed the chairman, backed Gus, patience to see who we get in this window... must be some sort of anti-Christ instead of a saviour :lol:

Edited by bazil85

22 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, the evidence is for all to see. Backed the chairman, backed Gus, patience to see who we get in this window... must be some sort of anti-Christ instead of a saviour :lol:

Please now back the St Mirren support, gie us peace and stop posting for a day!