Why has the Director of Football failed?

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Your previous posts do not specifically say what you think he meant around the not defined comment. You speak about the rest of the article as if it was defined but completely ignore that sentence as it proves you wrong. 

No luck. 😁

Yes they did, I said (more than once :rolleyes:) the role of DoF failed this summer because transfer dealings ground to a halt, whether or not you agree with the point below I did, most specifically, make it - as I said TRY READING MY POSTS. :1eye

MacPherson clearly failed to provide the "constant presence" that Scott mentioned this summer as dealings came to a standstill between Kearney's departure and Goodwin's appointment

Identifying a problem is not negative, denying one exists in the face of overwhelming evidence is - just another hysterical (in both senses) & negative post from you Flipper!  :1eye

Erm no luck! 😁

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yes they did, I said (more than once :rolleyes:) the role of DoF failed because transfer dealings ground to a halt, whether or not you agree with the point below I did, most specifically, make it - as I said TRY READING MY POSTS. :1eye

And round you go proving you simply don't have an answer. I'll ask again, what was meant by the to be defined comment in the story? Take out all the rest of the stuff that you think backs up your evidence-less point we could have signed earlier equal/ better quality players. Deflect away, one of your go to tactics. "YoUr'E tHe OnE bEiNg NeGaTiVe" "YoUr'E tHe OnE sPiNnInG" Old, tired and obvious deflection technique from Moan Junior here. 😂

Identifying a problem is not negative, denying one exists in the face of overwhelming evidence is - just another hysterical (in both senses) & negative post from you Flipper!  :1eye

Erm no luck! 😁

Yo had a problem materialised in July, it was rubbish then and is still rubbish now. I don't deny we have work to do and haven't started as we wanted but it's factually correct that we have started better in the league this season than last & that the January window was a success. 

Must hurt when such a powerful vendetta against someone amounts to nothing. 

Alex Rae - not his appointment, correct call to sack
Jack Ross - powerless to stop 
Alan Stubbs - absolutely a mistake on the boards & GLS part, well done to them for acting quickly to rectify 
OK - Still an unknown who was to blame, personally think neither covered themselves in glory & will likely be shared not just one side  
Don't let some additional relevant information get the way of your high level hatred. 
What testament to GLS character that even through all this turmoil & some fans desperate for him to fail he’s still managed to move our club forward. HOF bound IMO.  
Alex Rae - right call..?
Based on what ffs? He kept us up the previous season on minimal budget. and drew three, lost three before the sacking. Ffs Ross, Stubbs, OK and Goody would have ripped your arm off to have those stats when they started!
Try dealing in fact, and not hyperbole ya daddy.

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Must hurt when such a powerful vendetta against someone amounts to nothing. 

Are you specifically denying that I made my point Flipper? No you're ignoring it because you can't bear to admit making a mistake! :1eye

Another negative and hysterical response from you, I also specifically quoted GLS saying "lessons have been learned" - I'm as disappointed as anyone that no solution was found in time for last summer.

Must hurt your arms digging that hole - watching you sweat is providing me with Value For Money:lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Alex Rae - right call..?
Based on what ffs? He kept us up the previous season on minimal budget. and drew three, lost three before the sacking. Ffs Ross, Stubbs, OK and Goody would have ripped your arm off to have those stats when they started!

AR - on a shocking summer of signings & terrible start to the season. (Drawing three & losing three should not have been acceptable in the championship for a team like St Mirren after having a full window to make the squad his own)  given enough time & correctly sacked. Your hatred of GLS clouds our view on this, it’s almost universal with SMFC fans. 

Ross - has to deal with the mess left, similar to OK with Stubbs  probably would have loved those results but it’s irrelevant 

OK, Goody & Stubbs at a different level so irrelevant  

its amazing how you spin things to suit your hatred. Rae had a really small budget but Jack Ross got a big budget & we overspent that could land us in debt. Fortunately the accounts just prove you talk rubbish on these subjects every year  

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Are you specifically denying that I made my point Flipper? No you're ignoring it because you can't bear to admit making a mistake! :1eye

Another negative and hysterical response from you, I also specifically quoted GLS saying "lessons have been learned" - I'm as disappointed as anyone that no solution was found in time for last summer.

Must hurt your arms digging that hole - watching you tying yourself in knots is providing me with Value For Money:lol:

You made a point that I noted couldn’t be right because GLS says the arrangement wouldn't be defined until we got someone in. 

You then deflect away because you simply can’t combat this point. It’s in black and white. You’ve used pretty much all your go to deflections in that one post. 🤣

GLS “Now that you’re in Gus we’re thinking the most prudent approach for this role to allow consistency is high volume scouting & player analysis which will mean if we switch managers in pre-season the new manager will have a large pool to review & pick from. We don’t think it’s prudent to do too much recruitment inbetween a manager change as each new manager has a different approach but scouting & reviewing for the new manager will be your primary responsibility & mitigate a slow down in the event of an outgoing manager. Does that sound agreeable?” 

Easily a conversation that could have happened that ticks all the boxes of the initial story, allows for consistency but explains minimal recruitment. 

I have proven beyond doubt your comment is baseless & your one reference point has a sentence that blows your claim out the water. Ouch. 

Maybe tomorrow BTB 😁

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You made a point that I noted couldn’t be right because GLS says the arrangement wouldn't be defined until we got someone in. 

You then deflect away because you simply can’t combat this point. It’s in black and white. You’ve used pretty much all your go to deflections in that one post. 🤣

GLS “Now that you’re in Gus we’re thinking the most prudent approach for this role to allow consistency is high volume scouting & player analysis which will mean if we switch managers in pre-season the new manager will have a large pool to review & pick from. We don’t think it’s prudent to do too much recruitment inbetween a manager change as each new manager has a different approach but scouting & reviewing for the new manager will be your primary responsibility & mitigate a slow down in the event of an outgoing manager. Does that sound agreeable?” 

Easily a conversation that could have happened that ticks all the boxes of the initial story, allows for consistency but explains minimal recruitment. 

I have proven beyond doubt your comment is baseless & your one reference point has a sentence that blows your claim out the water. Ouch. 

Maybe tomorrow BTB 😁

That's right, contrary to your assertion, I made the point - specifially:1eye

When will you make a post that does not include false representations or the negative assertion that MacPherson was hired without a clear remit as to what his duties would be and that he subsequently failed to provide a "constant presence" this summer? Maybe tomorrow, probably never - Flipper85 strikes again! 😁

Edited by Bud the Baker

11 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

That's right, contrary to your assertion, I made the point - specifially:1eye

Doesn’t change me pointing out the flaw in your point 

When will you make a post that does not include false representations or the negative assertion that MacPherson was hired without a clear remit as to what his duties would be and that he subsequently failed to provide a "constant presence" this summer? Maybe tomorrow, probably never - Flipper85 strikes again! 😁

Was Gus role defined when he joined? If so what was the sentence in the story about? 

Your deflection & failure to show where I have changed my story continues. Maybe tomorrow buddie, maybe tomorrow. 😃

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Was Gus role defined when he joined? If so what was the sentence in the story about? 

Your deflection & failure to show where I have changed my story continues. Maybe tomorrow buddie, maybe tomorrow. 😃

I think it would be naïve to think it wasn't if GLSs comment at the time are to be believed

Chairman Gordon Scott said the new structure was introduced because "we have learned lessons" in recent months.

"The board have a vision of how they want the club to develop. At present, we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it.

"Gus is someone I worked with closely when I was on the board previously and he has the experience and knowledge we are looking for in the newly created role."

Your continued denial of the obvious is more negative towards GLS than anything else I've seen posted on the site. :1eye

Deflection - you're the one who had to admit specifically :rolleyes: that he was wrong about the content of my posts it was highlighted in red :rolleyes: - btw you should apologise for that, but I'll not hold my breath!. :rolleyes:

When will you stop making these hysterical, inaccurate & negative posts - maybe tomorrow Flipper, maybe tomorrow! 😃

I can be just as much of an arsehole as you. :booty

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

Alex Rae - right call..?

Hmmm. Unfortunately it wasn't the start of Rae's tenure either so that just makes your post, er, hyperbole?

13 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
Alex Rae - right call..?

Hmmm. Unfortunately it wasn't the start of Rae's tenure either so that just makes your post, er, hyperbole?

Tch, tch TPAFKATS, you just ruined it....... I was about to rename the thread Baz-Bud-LPM tri - umphant or what?

Might it not simply be that most of the players we have are quite good BUT haven't quite clicked as yet, I mean we aren't getting hammered like we have been in the past; beaten by half-time etc. and I do have faith in Goody and believe he WILL get it right.

And just to say I don't generally agree very often with Baz............... bit of an arrogant prat (at times) and I do tend to (if not agree) side more with Bud the bread man, however overall I would say Baz has the best of the debate in that GLS IS in charge, it IS his club and whilst you Baz and other may support the Buds.............at the moment the club belongs to GLS ergo your debates are just that.

I believe he does (as Baz states) have the best and long-term interests of the club at heart. Has he made mistakes? Yes! who hasn't?

Is he being a bit tight with his money in not forking out to get (whatever some people think we need) better more expensive players?  No he isn't, he is already foregoing a considerable amount of potential interest / profit that his money tied up in St Mirren could be earning and this club HAS to live within it's financial capabilities.

Was appointing Gus a mistake?  I think not, long-term Gus is a steady eddie type of guy and (mostly) in his time in charge acquired decent players as to whether he was the best choice ..... refer to the bold above.

Now gies a bit o piece please! :whistle

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think it would be naïve to think it wasn't if GLSs comment at the time are to be believed

His comment literally says "we have a plan but not the manpower to define and execute it."

Your continued denial of the obvious is more negative towards GLS than anything else I've seen posted on the site. :1eye

Go to deflection 

Deflection - you're the one who had to admit specifically :rolleyes: that he was wrong about the content of my posts it was highlighted in red :rolleyes: - btw you should apologise for that, but I'll not hold my breath!. :rolleyes:

I am not wrong, see above direct GLS quote

When will you stop making these hysterical, inaccurate & negative posts - maybe tomorrow Flipper, maybe tomorrow! 😃

Go to deflection with a wee sprinkle of copying my wording deflection 

I can be just as much of an arsehole as you. :booty

Fixed it for you. You're never ending (or successful) quest continues. Will we see some more standard deflection techniques from BTB or will he retreat to lick his wounds once more? Stay tuned... 

Poor, poor @bazil85 - you fixed nothing!

You have one tactic, to outpost anyone who disagrees with you and then declare yourself a winner - not working this time!

/*Another, asinine, hysterical & negative comment that will have the rest of the forum laughing at us.

Keep 'em coming Flipper!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the apology!

Stay tuned yourself...:rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Bud the Baker said:

P+oor, poor @bazil85 - you fixed nothing!

You have one tactic, to outpost anyone who disagrees with you and then declare yourself a winner - not working this time!

/*Another, asinine, hysterical & negative comment that will have the rest of the forum laughing at us.

Keep 'em Flipper!

Oh, and I'm still waiting for the apology!

All you need to do to win is explain how a job could have been defined before a comment made by the hiring manager saying it wasn’t... You can’t do it, no one could. 

Rest of your post is the standard deflection techniques I’ve already called you out on for not once being able to back up. God knows you’ve tried. :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

All you need to do to win is explain how a job could have been defined before a comment made by the hiring manager saying it wasn’t... You can’t do it, no one could. 

Rest of your post is the standard deflection techniques I’ve already called you out on for not once being able to back up. God knows you’ve tried. :rolleyes: 

I've already explained Flipper that the article is ambiguous and your interpretation is naïve & negative.

Your hysterical, inaccurate & negative replies prove nothing other than your naivety., although God knows you’ve tried. :rolleyes: 

Keep 'em coming - the other guys are loving this! :lol:

PS - I'm still waiting for the apology....

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I've already explained Flipper that the article is ambiguous and your interpretation is naïve & negative.

You haven’t though, GLS clearly says it’s not been possible to define & execute at the time of the article. as such a non-defined role can’t be noted as a failure based on this article. You are either in denial or don’t fully understand what the word “define” means. 

Your hysterical, inaccurate & negative replies prove nothing other than your naivety., although God knows you’ve tried. :rolleyes: 

More go to deflection, you can continue all you want, I’ve already pointed out the fact you’ve never once managed to back this up. (And will continue to)

Keep 'em coming - the other guys are loving this! :lol:

I doubt very many of them care. You’re in a minority of one trying to claim GLS is wrong when he says the role hadn’t been defined. Telling that no one is backing you up on that don’t you think?.. :rolleyes:

AR - on a shocking summer of signings & terrible start to the season. (Drawing three & losing three should not have been acceptable in the championship for a team like St Mirren after having a full window to make the squad his own)  given enough time & correctly sacked. Your hatred of GLS clouds our view on this, it’s almost universal with SMFC fans. 
Ross - has to deal with the mess left, similar to OK with Stubbs  probably would have loved those results but it’s irrelevant 
OK, Goody & Stubbs at a different level so irrelevant  
its amazing how you spin things to suit your hatred. Rae had a really small budget but Jack Ross got a big budget & we overspent that could land us in debt. Fortunately the accounts just prove you talk rubbish on these subjects every year  

So Goody losing five, having had a full summer with a DoF to support him is overdue his jotters in your book???
You simply cant take the pish out of someone who gives it away lol.

You've shown nothing but naivety and a negative alternative, Flipper. :1eye

You've got nothing to offer but those very same deflection techniques that I've decided to copy from you - "posting by attrition" and claiming victory when everyone else gives up ain't gonna work this time. I'm gonna keep on keepin' on and it's easier for me because I'm correct. :1eye

Still waiting for that apology Flipper! :rolleyes:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

So Goody losing five, having had a full summer with a DoF to support him is overdue his jotters in your book???
You simply cant take the pish out of someone who gives it away lol.

Nope, you're again twisting things to meet your warped agenda, one of your go to moves. Remember the time you twisted plane and ferry costs to Ireland to make it look like we'd be paying circa £6,000 a month for OK commute for example? lol

Alex Rae was managing in the Scottish Championship, his start to the season simply wasn't good enough. Personally I was hoping for a better start from Goody but it's far from comparable to the stage and he isn't close to deserving to be sacked.