Why has the Director of Football failed?

Guest TPAFKATS
Tch, tch TPAFKATS, you just ruined it....... I was about to rename the thread Baz-Bud-LPM tri - umphant or what?
Might it not simply be that most of the players we have are quite good BUT haven't quite clicked as yet, I mean we aren't getting hammered like we have been in the past; beaten by half-time etc. and I do have faith in Goody and believe he WILL get it right.
And just to say I don't generally agree very often with Baz............... bit of an arrogant prat (at times) and I do tend to (if not agree) side more with Bud the bread man, however overall I would say Baz has the best of the debate in that GLS IS in charge, it IS his club and whilst you Baz and other may support the Buds.............at the moment the club belongs to GLS ergo your debates are just that.
I believe he does (as Baz states) have the best and long-term interests of the club at heart. Has he made mistakes? Yes! who hasn't?
Is he being a bit tight with his money in not forking out to get (whatever some people think we need) better more expensive players?  No he isn't, he is already foregoing a considerable amount of potential interest / profit that his money tied up in St Mirren could be earning and this club HAS to live within it's financial capabilities.
Was appointing Gus a mistake?  I think not, long-term Gus is a steady eddie type of guy and (mostly) in his time in charge acquired decent players as to whether he was the best choice ..... refer to the bold above.
Now gies a bit o piece please! :whistle
Aye, I know sorry. Made the mistake of dipping back into this again.
This us what the international break does.

You weren't comparing like with like.
Read the post again I clearly talk about Rae's first season separately. So not even trying to compare like for like.
But on that note Rae had a much better first part season than Ross did, with a fraction of the budget, as he did comparing to Oran who was given the keys to the magic money tree.
Hows that like for like looking to ya?

Nope, you're again twisting things to meet your warped agenda, one of your go to moves. Remember the time you twisted plane and ferry costs to Ireland to make it look like we'd be paying circa £6,000 a month for OK commute for example? lol
Alex Rae was managing in the Scottish Championship, his start to the season simply wasn't good enough. Personally I was hoping for a better start from Goody but it's far from comparable to the stage and he isn't close to deserving to be sacked. 
Try costing 5/6 return flights from Glasgow to Belfast per week, the multiple by 4...
The you will see how preposterous the blame game Scott & co were playing really was. Lol

Guest TPAFKATS
Read the post again I clearly talk about Rae's first season separately. So not even trying to compare like for like.
But on that note Rae had a much better first part season than Ross did, with a fraction of the budget, as he did comparing to Oran who was given the keys to the magic money tree.
Hows that like for like looking to ya?
Are you suggesting we should have kept Alex Rae? Seriously [emoji2957]

Once again you just appear to be bitter and have an agenda towards the club and/or chairman.
Any relevant criticism you make just get lost this scattergun approach.

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Flights can be bought in advance at about £60 return, 5 flights a week £300, 4/5 weeks a month £1200/£1500

A quarter or less than £6000 than someone quoted. emoji23.png

All the info can be found here. https://www.flybe.com/

Pray tell how could you buy them in advance when your work schedule as a football manager taking in opposition games etc is all over the place?

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Are you suggesting we should have kept Alex Rae? Seriously emoji2957.png

Once again you just appear to be bitter and have an agenda towards the club and/or chairman.

Suggesting moi???

pointing out the thousands spaffed on compo deals for sacking managers so ridiculously early on in a season. Or maybe you think its thousands well spaffed?

Are you suggesting we should have kept Alex Rae? Seriously [emoji2957]

Are you seriously suggesting that we keep appointing terrible managers, sack them after a short time and shell out on compo?

I look forward to your standard, that’s not what I said backtracking [emoji23]

:1eye

Guest TPAFKATS
Suggesting moi???
pointing out the thousands spaffed on compo deals for sacking managers so ridiculously early on in a season. Or maybe you think its thousands well spaffed?
Hindsight shows that replacing Rae with Ross was a good idea.
Stubbs should never have been given the job to start with.

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Try costing 5/6 return flights from Glasgow to Belfast per week, the multiple by 4...
The you will see how preposterous the blame game Scott & co were playing really was. Lol

You’re talking and we’re shown to talk absolute garbage. The fact is you can get to Belfast if you plan for roughly the same price as a trip to Edinburgh. Whether that be ferry or booking flights in advance. If he was wanting to do a daily commute & the club to pay for it, a reasonable ask would be the economical journey 

The blame for the situation remains unknown, you proven dozens of times over you’ll always go with whatever view shows GLS in the worst light. Your bias means your view is irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Pray tell how could you buy them in advance when your work schedule as a football manager taking in opposition games etc is all over the place?

You could very simply book the majority of your travel in advance and if you couldn’t travel the odd time it would still work out cheaper than paying last minute deals. 

You as usual make the most negative possible assertion & as usual get easily called out on it. 

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Suggesting moi???

For getting rid of Rae & Stubbs? 100% 

unfortunately for your negative agenda they both paid off for the chairman with a promotion then SP survival. Oh and to date not one season have we failed to record a profit. 

It’s common knowledge you hate how successful the GLS era has been. If it continues i’ll send you my thoughts and prayers. 😁

9 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Thank you bazil for answering, I wasn't going to reply because if he couldn't work that out himself then he won't understand your reply. emoji23.png

And of course isn’t a big enough person to admit when he’s wrong. Still waiting on him putting his hands up around his season tickets could be down by 500 nonsense in the summer. 🤣

1 hour ago, Hands of stone said:

Neither should Goodwin....the home-work on Goodwin clearly not done or Saints would not have went near him.

What could you possibly base that on? Two seasons in L1 with Alloa, first narrowly missed promotion, second got it. One season in the Championship as the only part-time club and still managed to avoid relegation & play-off spot. What other manager could we realistically have taken with better credentials? 

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You’re talking and we’re shown to talk absolute garbage. The fact is you can get to Belfast if you plan for roughly the same price as a trip to Edinburgh. Whether that be ferry or booking flights in advance. If he was wanting to do a daily commute & the club to pay for it, a reasonable ask would be the economical journey 

The blame for the situation remains unknown, you proven dozens of times over you’ll always go with whatever view shows GLS in the worst light. Your bias means your view is irrelevant. 

FFS. :lol

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...