Why has the Director of Football failed?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

No idea.

There are always problems when you allow job descriptions to overlap.

The fault lies with whoever allowed both GM and JG to decide which players to look at. That should be the job of a single person with input from the other as a courtesy. JG should be telling GM which positions and systems the players are needed for. GM should be finding and bringing in the players himself. The only other way I can see this working is if GM and JG provide a list and ONE of them makes a composite list. If you allow both to have their way you'll always end in trouble.

GM = trouble. We know this from his first stint at the club. Should never have brought this poisonous, arrogant man back to the club

Guest TPAFKATS
We didnt need a list to know we should’ve done everything to get Popescu, Muzek and McAllister back
How do you know we didn't?
Muzek is away to champions league qualifying, McAllister will be looking at a new manager or another loan deal. Both on wages we can't compete with and neither can our league rivals.
Popescu we thought was sorted then his club or agent started playing funny buggers?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

So upset you can't even count your attempts to throw out your hilarious insults.......................oh, here's a cracker......................NOT. :lol:

Run along, WAY out of your depth, stick with PRicky, more your IQ level. :byebye

Really I have seen nappies with more IQ level than you posses. 🤩

They were only good enough when finally supplemented (January Window) by players that were technically good enough and mentally strong enough to help us scramble over the line. How much that cost us and what potential effect it has had on this season's budget we don't really know.
This is the third season out of four where we seem to be stumbling in to the season ahead and in the previous two we have stayed up at the very last moment (once in the Championship), history is in danger again of repeating itself. I hope the next couple of weeks produces some quality signings and we go on to have a great season but to suggest that questions shouldn't be asked of those at the top when we are "currently" underprepared for the season ahead (again) is blind faith. I am not looking to blame nor looking for a stoning or an execution but to not recognise a recurring situation is  madness in my opinion.

Blind faith.. madness... Baz...
All in the one post? Really?
What a surprise! [emoji12]

No, of course we're not but the question isn't the full picture is it?
Is there mitigating circumstances regarding our ability to sign players that will improve our squad to the required standards?
It's bad manners to answer a question with a question. Isn't it? [emoji23][emoji12]

Wish BEK would get this.
Exactly, it seems with no concrete "proof" supporters are not correct to question ANYTHING to do with those that, ultimately, are responsible for what happens at the club. 

I TOTALLY get it... I just like yanking his chain to relieve the stress of a hard days work.

In my defence... I've been a good boy recently. Oh... Backsliding tonight... But the heat has made me cranky! [emoji12]

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I TOTALLY get it... I just like yanking his chain to relieve the stress of a hard days work.

In my defence... I've been a good boy recently. Oh... Backsliding tonight... But the heat has made me cranky! emoji12.png

Aye, I try to limit it to 3 replies, after that you're as well banging your head against a wall...................which is more satisfying TBH. :wink:

39 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

“If you’re looking for entertainment go to the pictures” - a real nice character our Gus is

FFS. How many times do people need told that it wasn't Gus who said this but Bobby Williamson at Kilmarnock?

Seriously. How many times?

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I’m sure that [mention=4199]oaksoft[/mention] can catch up after his shift at Burger King without your help

At least you've stopped calling me a teacher or a lecturer.

If you can head over and tell that nugget from Bute I'd be much obliged.