Why has the Director of Football failed?

On 7/26/2019 at 4:19 PM, Kombibuddie said:

Asking to be proved wrong is one of your often used tactics, just chucking it back atchya emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

By his own admission, he enacted a plan to replace Oran Kearney whilst OK was still the manager.

Enough said emoji16.png

The only time I'll ask to be 'proven wrong' is if I have made a claim about something, something I do not do unless I have evidence. People confusing me speculating or suggesting a circumstance, is not me making fact claims. You however seemed to be in your comments... If you weren't then fine. 

Again enacting a contingency plan isn't scheming, would you have expected him to do nothing as the fear of OK leaving grew larger? If you were in his position, is that the approach you'd take?

On 7/26/2019 at 5:45 PM, faraway saint said:

He actually believes he's correct in every point that's raised.

I know we touched on everyone has a level of self importance but Baz is off the scale, bordering on psychotic. 

There really is NO point even trying to debate, just best to let him talk to himself, that would be some laugh. :lol:

Absolutely no idea where you're getting that from. 

9 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

As baz has said a number of times, the players we currently have on the books should have been more than good enough to qualify from the League Cup section.

This, surely is incontrovertible is it not? 

We were the only Top League side in the group. By definition we would have the best players. 

Of course we all know these players were being led by a new manager with the rump of last year's squad, several of whom required to play out of position. 

St J also lost out. A twitter post compared last years earnings from the BFC of £81,000 to this year's £19,000. Not diddy figures for teams like both of us. 

Better luck next time I hope and better preparation for the coming season. Maybe we could hold on to the Manager. Maybe in January we can add to recruitment and have a run in the Scottish Cup. 

would you have expected him to do nothing as the fear of OK leaving grew larger? If you were in his position, is that the approach you'd take?

Lining up a replacement would be the action when all other attempts have failed. 

If I were in GLS' position and all attempts had failed to keep the manager, i'd have reluctantly accepted his resignation & wished him all the best.

There would be no leaving by "mutual consent"

There would be no "pay off" or "settling up of contract" whichever it turns out to be.

There would be no response in the media from the ex manager as no cause to respond would be given.

My statement would have been a simple "Ok has left the club to return home to NI, we wish him all the best for the future"

14 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:
17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Buying without getting the 75% is to me a waste of time and money. Having your cake and eating it comes to mind. It's almost like having a golden share. 

Why, do you think it's correct that SMISA should exclude the remaining shareholders that invested in the club beforehand?

Have I said that? 

No...I haven't. 

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

St J also lost out.

Yes poor St Johnstone were bundled out the cup too. They were however able to make five changes to their team. A luxury we don't have.

I heard Chick Young saying that every team who qualifies for the next Round gets £40,000 each. So that's what looked like an easy 40k,  spunked too.

Still roll on Monday I hear from social media talk that we have already signed Sam Foley and Kyle McAllistair with at least 2 more being  announced before the Hibs game.

Why has the director of Football failed?  Spunking 40k is one reason but maybe He'll come good by Saturday.

We live in hope.

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Yes poor St Johnstone were bundled out the cup too. They were however able to make five changes to their team. A luxury we don't have.

I heard Chick Young saying that every team who qualifies for the next Round gets £40,000 each. So that's what looked like an easy 40k,  spunked too.

Still roll on Monday I hear from social media talk that we have already signed Sam Foley and Kyle McAllistair with at least 2 more being  announced before the Hibs game.

Why has the director of Football failed?  Spunking 40k is one reason but maybe He'll come good by Saturday.

We live in hope.

You're already having a much better Sunday than last. :wink:

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Lining up a replacement would be the action when all other attempts have failed. 

If I were in GLS' position and all attempts had failed to keep the manager, i'd have reluctantly accepted his resignation & wished him all the best.

There would be no leaving by "mutual consent"

There would be no "pay off" or "settling up of contract" whichever it turns out to be.

There would be no response in the media from the ex manager as no cause to respond would be given.

My statement would have been a simple "Ok has left the club to return home to NI, we wish him all the best for the future"

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png. If I was in fear of him leaving, I'd have done everything I could to keep him.
'Mutual consent' is not doing everything.

Again more negative assumptions that GLS didn’t make every reasonable effort to keep GLS, the nature of the approach for Goodwin (which even Alloa praised by the way) & an idealistic view on the release of OK. 

Mutual consent is a throw away term used from circumstances as varied as a manager walking away to jumping before they’re pushed. The exact nature of what it means in this circumstance & an outcome where we could have gotten away without a ‘pay off’ is you again speculating, they aren’t facts. 

Note i’m not saying you’re wrong & it didn’t happen in a poor manner, I’m saying it’s an unknown. Pretty much my overarching point on this subject, people asserting circumstances that we don’t know to be true. 

Again more negative assumptions that GLS didn’t make every reasonable effort

Your obsession with "assumptions" is utter tosh.

The fact OK could respond & challenge GLS' statements was very telling.

If you were in his position, is that the approach you'd take?

I've told you some of what I would have done differently in this siuation.

With the information we have, the statements made etc, you have not offered any contrary evidence to change my opinion and you are fixed on all Gordon does is good.