Why has the Director of Football failed?

45 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It shouldn't be a topic that's dead. Gus' second transfer window and 2nd manager he has been working alongside 10 months after taking on the job. If we take the view that managers deserve time to settle into the job and assemble their own squad and stamp their own style on the club can we not assume once Gus has been in post for a year or two we should be beginning to see the benefits of the change in structure and continuity and eye for detail with recruitment that his appointment was designed to bring to the club?

Self-contradictory!

5 minutes ago, smcc said:

Self-contradictory!

It's not self-contradictory to post that the debate should not be dead, and that we should be beginning to see the fruits a year or two after Gus has been appointed - i.e. the debate should be lively throughout this transfer window (which ends after Gus will have had 2 full windows and will have been in post for just under 12 months). I think we will only have a more definite sense 2 or 3 years down the line whether recruitment has improved and whether he has brought stability to the club. For now there aren't many signs that having him around has helped our transfer activity so far in this window to date or lessened the disadvantage caused by changing managers this summer.

56 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It shouldn't be a topic that's dead. Gus' second transfer window and 2nd manager he has been working alongside 10 months after taking on the job. If we take the view that managers deserve time to settle into the job and assemble their own squad and stamp their own style on the club can we not assume once Gus has been in post for a year or two we should be beginning to see the benefits of the change in structure and continuity and eye for detail with recruitment that his appointment was designed to bring to the club?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have got back on subject. I was protesting against the utter irrelevant drivel that a couple of posters had subjected the forum to over the last couple of days. I have never put anyone on ignore , but these posters have really ripped my knitting.

Anyhooo , still think Gus will come good. 

14 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have got back on subject. I was protesting against the utter irrelevant drivel that a couple of posters had subjected the forum to over the last couple of days. I have never put anyone on ignore , but these posters have really ripped my knitting.

Anyhooo , still think Gus will come good. 

They sound like a couple of pricks! 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Found BEK’s maw on the chat! 

I honestly thought Sweeper was the most boring uninteresting poster ever on here but u take the biscuit ffs...a totally boring uninteresting bawbag who cannot help himself but to post to every reply...i await with baited breath what utter shite u will reply with...hurry up, you know u can't help yourself.....go on......prove I'm right....

52 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

I honestly thought Sweeper was the most boring uninteresting poster ever on here but u take the biscuit ffs...a totally boring uninteresting bawbag who cannot help himself but to post to every reply...i await with baited breath what utter shite u will reply with...hurry up, you know u can't help yourself.....go on......prove I'm right....

You're right, I do like to respond to comments.

You might be disappointed to learn you're not the first one to point this out, or the second, or probably even in the top 20. You know who is in the top 20? Me, I've said lots of times I enjoy responding to triggered people just like you. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You're right, I do like to respond to comments.

You might be disappointed to learn you're not the first one to point this out, or the second, or probably even in the top 20. You know who is in the top 20? Me, I've said lots of times I enjoy responding to triggered people just like you. 

🙈🙈🙈 think i might go fishing later or is one whopper caught a day enough🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, DLBud said:

10 fit, recognised, first team players for Saturday now (IF McGinn and GMac are ready to go).

I believe the original question that started this thread is a moot point.

Yeah I was about to post the same but got distracted into buying some Star Wars memorabilia online - however as they say "Truth to Power".

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

🙈🙈🙈 think i might go fishing later or is one whopper caught a day enough🤣🤣

One would be enough, let me know when you get one.

If you’re wanting a good place to look, try 2005 when fishing was a wee bit more original :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Naw..u were hook, line and sinker...easier than i thought....go on, deny it again!

I deny it.

You got really upset so started calling me names, then pointed out something that many other people have pointed out & I have admitted on many occasion as if it was some sort of revelation. You then desperately try to salvage some sort of win out of the situation by making out you're just trying to do some old school 2005 internet fishing.

Is that a fair summary? How cute, great effort but fail. 😁

Edited by bazil85

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I deny it.

You got really upset so started calling me names, then pointed out something that many other people have pointed out & I have admitted on many occasion as if it was some sort of revelation. You then desperately try to salvage some sort of win out of the situation by making out you're just trying to do some old school 2005 internet fishing.

Is that a fair summary? How cute, great effort but fail. 😁

Oh god and again...2nd whopper of the day caught....wonder if wee fishy will bite for a 3rd!!!