Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

Ok. The facts are once again we have changed managers mid preseason and we are playing catch up. We have a threadbare squad and only one class player Hladky. A few others like Paul McGinn or Ryan Flynn could maybe land a squad role at Ross County or Hamilton and Kyle Magennis is a prospect but seriously the rest of the squad wouldn’t attract any interest from other Premier league Clubs. There are no immediate signings on the horizon and our record so far this season has been uninspiring. Have I missed anything?

I missed the Dunfermline game, but I’ve been to the rest including Gus’s managerial return against Rosario. All the lower league opposition we have played have looked more physical, taller (except Rosario who had a goalie with a beer belly and was struggling to hit 5’ 6”), more organised and hungrier than us. I know its preseason but as a PROFESSIONAL football team I expected more from our team. I appreciate the personnel difficulties but seriously we haven’t been playing Barcelona, Real Madrid or even fecking Hamilton. A PROFESSIONAL premier league club should be drilled, disciplined and able to breakdown lower league, non league and pub teams. We’re in the PREMIER league because we’re a full-time professional club even if we are a bit short stretched personnel wise and the ticketing system on our web site is rank rotten.

We have an inexperienced manager in place who is a club legend. Goody’s at the wheel but he’d better learn to DRIVE real soon because if what we have seen so far is anything to go by, we’re in trouble.

Forget the players, the weak squad and the perceived lack of support from on high. At East Kilbride it was obvious the blame for the players Lack Lustre performances lies at Goody's door. WHY???????

Anyone at the game would have seen that when the game kicked off Goody was no where to be seen. He wasn’t in the dug out and the players had no leader backing them up when they kicked off.

Just after kick off we had 11 players and a manager on the park as Goody Sprinted round the park and cut across the field at the corner flag to get to the dug out because he’d missed the start of the game.

OK maybe he had a sudden urge for a toilet break which would be acceptable but failing that where is the PROFFESSIONALISM and leadership. “The manager can’t be arsed being in the dugout. We don’t really need to put in the effort” was a message which probably psychologically reverberated through the team. It was completely disrespectful to East Kilbride who possibly got a different psychological message. “Jumped up twat doesn’t even bother coming out for the start. Think we’re an easy touch. We’ll show you” and Guess what they did.

I didn’t see it but Bairdy apparently upset a few fans. His UNPROFESSIONALISM suggests he’s not got control of that that impetuous side of his nature that cost us a few penalties last season. I love Bairdy but don’t diss the fans mate. Goody needs to get these players acting PROFESSIONALLY and to do that he needs to take a good look at himself.

Would Jack Ross or Oran Kearney be so laid back they’d miss the start of a game? Feck it Alan Stubbs didn’t even do that.

Goody being at the wheel means you’re the Driver. So, no more lack lustre managerial displays. Get yourself acting like a leader and give the fans the effort we deserve.

Good luck in your new job mate. I hope you succeed. We all do.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
trying to be professional

Unbelievable thread, the guy has barely got his coat off.

Yes, the past few games have been woeful, but reasons are already known why.

Almost the whole squad is still the one that was rooted to the bottom of the league last season

If you has done this thread at least after Christmas ? Perhaps that would be fair

Ok. The facts are once again we have changed managers mid preseason and we are playing catch up. We have a threadbare squad and only one class player Hladky. A few others like Paul McGinn or Ryan Flynn could maybe land a squad role at Ross County or Hamilton and Kyle Magennis is a prospect but seriously the rest of the squad wouldn’t attract any interest from other Premier league Clubs. There are no immediate signings on the horizon and our record so far this season has been uninspiring. Have I missed anything?

I missed the Dunfermline game, but I’ve been to the rest including Gus’s managerial return against Rosario. All the lower league opposition we have played have looked more physical, taller (except Rosario who had a goalie with a beer belly and was struggling to hit 5’ 6”), more organised and hungrier than us. I know its preseason but as a PROFESSIONAL football team I expected more from our team. I appreciate the personnel difficulties but seriously we haven’t been playing Barcelona, Real Madrid or even fecking Hamilton. A PROFESSIONAL premier league club should be drilled, disciplined and able to breakdown lower league, non league and pub teams. We’re in the PREMIER league because we’re a full-time professional club even if we are a bit short stretched personnel wise and the ticketing system on our web site is rank rotten.

We have an inexperienced manager in place who is a club legend. Goody’s at the wheel but he’d better learn to DRIVE real soon because if what we have seen so far is anything to go by, we’re in trouble.

Forget the players, the weak squad and the perceived lack of support from on high. At East Kilbride it was obvious the blame for the players Lack Lustre performances lies at Goody's door. WHY???????

Anyone at the game would have seen that when the game kicked off Goody was no where to be seen. He wasn’t in the dug out and the players had no leader backing them up when they kicked off.

Just after kick off we had 11 players and a manager on the park as Goody Sprinted round the park and cut across the field at the corner flag to get to the dug out because he’d missed the start of the game.

OK maybe he had a sudden urge for a toilet break which would be acceptable but failing that where is the PROFFESSIONALISM and leadership. “The manager can’t be arsed being in the dugout. We don’t really need to put in the effort” was a message which probably psychologically reverberated through the team. It was completely disrespectful to East Kilbride who possibly got a different psychological message. “Jumped up twat doesn’t even bother coming out for the start. Think we’re an easy touch. We’ll show you” and Guess what they did.

I didn’t see it but Bairdy apparently upset a few fans. His UNPROFESSIONALISM suggests he’s not got control of that that impetuous side of his nature that cost us a few penalties last season. I love Bairdy but don’t diss the fans mate. Goody needs to get these players acting PROFESSIONALLY and to do that he needs to take a good look at himself.

Would Jack Ross or Oran Kearney be so laid back they’d miss the start of a game? Feck it Alan Stubbs didn’t even do that.

Goody being at the wheel means you’re the Driver. So, no more lack lustre managerial displays. Get yourself acting like a leader and give the fans the effort we deserve.

Good luck in your new job mate. I hope you succeed. We all do.

ffs can you not make your post a longer than that? [emoji4]

41 minutes ago, ged62 said:

ffs can you not make your post a longer than that? emoji4.png

I wasn't at Rosario but I have attended all of our games in t h e Bet Fred Cup. 

I can see where EL is coming from. I have never seen a Manager not in position for t h e start of a match. 

As a player, Jim was a true competitor. No slouch but not blessed with over abundant talent he put in 100% effort into every game and every tackle! 

We need to see that same determination in every player who wears the Jersey of the team we support. Be organised, respect the opposition and give 100% and I can't ask for more. Give less than that and I am not happy and feel the same in defeat or in victory. 

Jim has a short window in which to recruit "his" players and to decide who, of the current squad, doesn't match his style, culture or ambition. 

I don't personally get on any players back at games or after. I see that as being self control. Clearly players have to show that when dealing with fans but that doesn't mean that fans should be allowed to go overboard either. 

Come on Jim. You did an excellent job at Alloa (watched the team several times). Let's see what you can do here. 

Edited by St.Ricky

48 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Unbelievable thread, the guy has barely got his coat off.

Yes, the past few games have been woeful, but reasons are already known why.

Almost the whole squad is still the one that was rooted to the bottom of the league last season

If you has done this thread at least after Christmas ? Perhaps that would be fair

Why unbelievable?  Simply an observation. 

Where do you think the manager should be at the start of a match?

I wish Goody well and I know he hasn't much to work with at present. Maybe I expect too much in asking a manager to lead by example.

8 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Why unbelievable?  Simply an observation. 

Where do you think the manager should be at the start of a match?

I wish Goody well and I know he hasn't much to work with at present. Maybe I expect too much in asking a manager to lead by example.

You're seriously trying to make an issue because he wasn't in the dug out at the start of the game? :lol:

This is the same drivel that used to be aimed at Lennon, not out of the dug out enough. :lol:

Utter bollox, IMO.  :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're seriously trying to make an issue because he wasn't in the dug our at the start of the game? :lol:

This is the same drivel that used to be aimed at Lennon, not out of the dug out enough. :lol:

Were you there caller? 

NO. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're seriously trying to make an issue because he wasn't in the dug our at the start of the game? :lol:

Football is a positional Game. 

Formations, tactics etc are all based on players being in position and teammates knowing where they will be so the system works.

If the manager can't even be in position at the start of the match its not much of an example to the players.

The manager is paid to do a job. Is it not reasonable to expect him to be in his position for 90 mins.

If he expects the players  to concentrate for 90 mins on their positions, jobs and tactics why is he not doing the same.

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Football is a positional Game. 

Formations, tactics etc are all based on players being in position and teammates knowing where they will be so the system works.

If the manager can't even be in position at the start of the match its not much of an example to the players.

The manager is paid to do a job. Is it not reasonable to expect him to be in his position for 90 mins.

If he expects the players  to concentrate for 90 mins on their positions, jobs and tactics why is he not doing the same.

:lol:

It has been known for some Managers to sit in the Stand for maybe a wee length of time. 

Do the players have walkie talkies to keep in touch with the Boss. 

I have done some shite threads bit this one trumps them all.

FORFUXSAKE. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

It has been known for some Managers to sit in the Stand for maybe a wee length of time. 

Do the players have walkie talkies to keep in touch with the Boss. 

I have done some shite threads bit this one trumps them all.

FORFUXSAKE. 

I now realise why you don't go to games. With all you're split personalities you'd have to buy about 7 tickets. One for each alias.

Nobody could afford to put that many arses on seats.

With regards to everything in the quite frankly bizarre original post, the content of it regarding Goodwin is absolutely false.

Goodwin was out before the match kicked off and in fact, was actually still jogging off the pitch when the game started, the referee paused the kick-off of the match to let him get across the pitch and near enough to the sideline. He was about 15 yards from the dugout as soon as the first ball was kicked.

You make it seem as if the match was in full flow when Goodwin finally sauntered out, staggering across the park whilst the teams were playing and that clearly wasn't the case.

Imagine being critical of the guy because he probably needed a pee or something. Take a f**king look at yourself. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

22 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I now realise why you don't go to games. With all you're split personalities you'd have to buy about 7 tickets. One for each alias.

If there was any doubt you're making an arse of yourself it's only dumb and dumber that have shown any support in this car crash of a thread.

Enough said. :byebye

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If there was any doubt you're making an arse of yourself it's only dumb and dumber that have shown any support in this car crash of a thread.

Enough said. :byebye

Sad little fellow that you are, you won't see how you are making yourself look foolish. You weren't there. Do yourself a favour and butt out. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Equivalent of a P1 pupil getting their report card at the end of August. He's been in charge for 3 games ffs ! A report card in the name of Christ !!!!!!

Ayrshire...you are not a stupid person. You know exactly what the poster is getting at. Example is a powerful tool. People don't generally follow what someone says, they follow the example they give. No need to take the route of the lowest common denominator and try to shoot the messenger. He makes a very valid point which is particularly relevant at the start of his reign. Start as you mean to go on. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

With regards to everything in the quite frankly bizarre original post, the content of it regarding Goodwin is absolutely false.

Goodwin was out before the match kicked off and in fact, was actually still jogging off the pitch when the game started, the referee paused the kick-off of the match to let him get across the pitch and near enough to the sideline. He was about 15 yards from the dugout as soon as the first ball was kicked.

You make it seem as if the match was in full flow when Goodwin finally sauntered out, staggering across the park whilst the teams were playing and that clearly wasn't the case.

Imagine being critical of the guy because he probably needed a pee or something. Take a f**king look at yourself. :lol:

So he wasn't in position when the match was ready to start. The ref had to wait. So did we and he was 15 yards from the dug out when the match started.

What did I say that was false. He wasn't in the dug out when the game started.

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

So he wasn't in position when the match was ready to start. The ref had to wait. So did we and he was 15 yards from the dug out when the match started.

What did I say that was false. He wasn't in the dug out when the game started.

Best Sunday entertainment since........................well, ever. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Best Sunday entertainment since........................well, ever. 

Other than see you squirm repeatedly as your poor attempts at humour and inglorious attempts at insight are ridiculed . 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

That shite joke was cracked about a year ago and about five times since. 

Why did you log on in the state your in today ?