Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

So he wasn't in position when the match was ready to start. The ref had to wait. So did we and he was 15 yards from the dug out when the match started.

What did I say that was false. He wasn't in the dug out when the game started.

So was he nowhere to be seen, his absence actively offending and disrespecting the East Kilbride players and leaving our own players completely disillusioned having no natural leader?

Or was he making his way off the pitch, 15-20 steps from the dugout and in full view of both teams, benches and sets of fans as the ref - wholly at his own discretion - blew for the game to start regardless. 

Pick one. 

27 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Possible this quote from your opening post.

"Anyone at the game would have seen that when the game kicked off Goody was no where to be seen. He wasn’t in the dug out and the players had no leader backing them up when they kicked off."

What part of Goody was late for work don't you get. 

Good gaffers lead by example.

If you want people to be in the right position at the right time. Don't arrive late.

Just now, East Lothian Saint said:

In the dug out. He was elsewhere. 15-20 steps away. He was out of position.

Not a good example of timekeeping, professionalism or leadership.

Make that your last drink today. 

Just now, gstretchuk said:

Jim should never ever be near our club in any capacity.....he is getting found out sooner that i thought but won't last long..

At least he is staying clear of the fecking dugoot. 

Just now, cockles1987 said:

ELS, I appreciate what you're saying. But you can see you made it out that he was no where to be seen in your OP, and that wasn't truthful.

You speak honestly and from the heart and for folk that don't get to a game one of the buds I'm sure others also look forward to reading a truthful account of what happened, even if a few shandies have been consumed. emoji482.png

No shandies that day. I was drinking big boys lager with no lemonade.

19 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

In the dug out. He was elsewhere. 15-20 steps away. He was out of position.

Not a good example of timekeeping, professionalism or leadership.

Sometimes it's easier to just admit that something you've said is a wee bit petty and daft sounding instead of digging in further. 

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

What part of Goody was late for work don't you get. 

Good gaffers lead by example.

If you want people to be in the right position at the right time. Don't arrive late.

Not a good gaffer, far from it....should not be near our club...

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Sometimes it's easier to just admit that something you've said is a wee bit petty and daft sounding instead of digging in further. 

Not sure what your getting at I stand by what I said.

I'm not starting a Goody must go thread. I'm pointing out he needs to up his game.

What sort of manager do you want. One who looks disorganised can't be where he is meant to be on time and doesn't set a good example to the players or one who is well prepared in position and setting a good example. I haven't even mentioned results and so far his leadership hasn't exactly produced any.

A seat of the pants guy who holds up the game because he's late, even if only by 15-20 steps is still a seat of the pants guy. Yes they occasionally get results but more often than not their lack of preparation catches up with them. I've worked with a few and even been that guy on occasions but never in the first 3 weeks of a job.  Everyone one should know the basics. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail and all that. 

I don't think its petty. I think its symptomatic of a lot of things that our club is doing.