Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

Some of the contents on the thread shows why so few people now contribute. EL brought up a point he made whilst at the game, it's valid. It makes sense and I doubt if Jim will repeat the mistake. The basic point that you lead by example is one I had to remind a number of CEO's of in my working life. Those who listened, noticed the difference in results over time, Those who didn't did not. Simple. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Some of the contents on the thread shows why so few people now contribute. EL brought up a point he made whilst at the game, it's valid. It makes sense and I doubt if Jim will repeat the mistake. The basic point that you lead by example is one I had to remind a number of CEO's of in my working life. Those who listened, noticed the difference in results over time, Those who didn't did not. Simple. 

Shut up Walter mark 1

East Lothian postit fecking nonsense  :lol:

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The vast majority have indicted the OP was a pile of shite.

That's their prerogative.

The only 2 half wits who agreed are you and the other half of the Chuckle Brothers. :hammer

Enough said. :lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The vast majority have indicted the OP was a pile of shite.

That's their prerogative.

The only 2 half wits who agreed are you and the other half of the Chuckle Brothers. :hammer

Enough said. :lol:

I'm not bothered wee man. You chase popularity, I don't. 

34 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I'm bringing up a point whilst I was also at the game. Literally not a person took issue with it. There was nothing to take issue with. 

Having a problem with this non event is very petty indeed. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'm bringing up a point whilst I was also at the game. Literally not a person took issue with it. There was nothing to take issue with. 

Its attention to detail that gets results. Something we have not been too good at lately.

I wonder could there be a link?????

17 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Was just the goody location that was wrong, rest was fine. Wee man emoji14.png

Did I tell everyone the time I ran a multinational company that had a turnover in billions every year.

No, it must just be two loon balls that seem to want to impress with there dreamland imaginations. Well only two since the £150,000 security guard pissed off. emoji23.png

Gee. Clever stuff. Suggestion. If you have someone write your scripts for you then I would fire them. Closed minds are little minds. 

6 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Jim should never ever be near our club in any capacity.....he is getting found out sooner that i thought but won't last long..

The thread indicates that Jim has some things to learn whilst supporting him as manager. 

Share your wisdom with us please on why you think he shouldnt be there. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Took issue with what? .Not being in the dugput in time for kick off you mean? Clearly, at least one did. He also explained why. His explaination makes sense. Disagree if you wish, thats your prerogative. Why though diminish your own argiment by describing his as petty? 

19 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Anyone at the game would have seen that when the game kicked off Goody was no where to be seen. He wasn’t in the dug out and the players had no leader backing them up when they kicked off.               Clearly ELS is lying here

Just after kick off we had 11 players and a manager on the park as Goody Sprinted round the park and cut across the field at the corner flag to get to the dug out because he’d missed the start of the game.

14 hours ago, faraway saint said:
  14 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

So he wasn't in position when the match was ready to start. The ref had to wait. So did we and he was 15 yards from the dug out when the match started.

What did I say that was false. He wasn't in the dug out when the game started.                plainly obvious from this statement

15 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Ayrshire...you are not a stupid person. You know exactly what the poster is getting at. Example is a powerful tool. People don't generally follow what someone says, they follow the example they give. No need to take the route of the lowest common denominator and try to shoot the messenger. He makes a very valid point which is particularly relevant at the start of his reign. Start as you mean to go on. 

Ricky:  A moot point perhaps but if he was 15 yards from the dug out, unless ELS had his eyes shut he is clearly lying, spinning things to suit his agenda and why would anyone follow the example of a liar or anyone who suggests that it is good practice do so .

4 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Ricky:  A moot point perhaps but if he was 15 yards from the dug out, unless ELS had his eyes shut he is clearly lying, spinning things to suit his agenda and why would anyone follow the example of a liar or anyone who suggests that it is good practice do so .

Can anyone confirm this 15 yards as exact?

Could make all the difference. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

When Jack and Oran came in they HAD to work with what they inherited. Goody should not have to. Club letting him down badly. What does Gus do again ?

The club can't make players sign for us.

Goodwin will have new players, of his choosing, playing for us. Unfortunately it won't be within a time frame that is ideal for the team and fans.

It's a shite situation to be in, but it's self inflicted and we get on with it.

16 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Football is a positional Game. 

Formations, tactics etc are all based on players being in position and teammates knowing where they will be so the system works.

If the manager can't even be in position at the start of the match its not much of an example to the players.

The manager is paid to do a job. Is it not reasonable to expect him to be in his position for 90 mins.

If he expects the players  to concentrate for 90 mins on their positions, jobs and tactics why is he not doing the same.

As far as I am aware there is no regulation that a manager must sit in the dugout. In fact many successful managers sit in the stand for the earlier part of the game, at least partly because they can get a better view of the game from higher up. I remember Jim Clunie, one of our more successful managers, sitting in the directors box at Love Street.

9 minutes ago, smcc said:

As far as I am aware there is no regulation that a manager must sit in the dugout. In fact many successful managers sit in the stand for the earlier part of the game, at least partly because they can get a better view of the game from higher up. I remember Jim Clunie, one of our more successful managers, sitting in the directors box at Love Street.

I remember Jim Clunie. As I recall it, he was sacked because his bad language upset the chairman's wife (so the story went). Perhaps he should have stuck to the dugout. 

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I remember Jim Clunie. As I recall it, he was sacked because his bad language upset the chairman's wife (so the story went). Perhaps he should have stuck to the dugout. 

Are you not thinking of the rumour attached to Fergie's sacking? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/big-jim-couldnt-believe-being-2534357

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

Jim Goodwin was returning from the play area at the top of this picture hence his late arrival. You cant really blame him , that shute looks a cracker.

_107957978_19150254.jpg

Thanks for that. It's the obvious explanation when you think of it.