Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Munoz... Anything is possible, but no.. The story concerned big Jim. He had us playing well as did his successor Ricky M. 

Well, it not mentioned in that article. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Look at the article you posted the link for. It is mentioned in there. Not sure if there was a link to it. 

Christopher Brookmyre mentions it in the link I posted.  Apologies. 

Jim Clunie was at Paisley International Airport heading either to an away game in Europe or off to spy on Euro opposition.He was contacted by Radio Clyde and did an interview by phone and managed to drop in the "F" word a few times.Maggie Faulds contacted her Hubby and JC was sacked.

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Ricky:  A moot point perhaps but if he was 15 yards from the dug out, unless ELS had his eyes shut he is clearly lying, spinning things to suit his agenda and why would anyone follow the example of a liar or anyone who suggests that it is good practice do so .

You guys are the blind ones. What part of Goodwin was no where to be seen in the dug out is untrue.  Goodwin was late and as others have quoted interfered with and delayed the start of the game as a result. 

Whether managers can manage from the stand, 15 yards away or outer space is irrelevant. The point is the game started before he was ready.

I don't see him behind closed doors I only see him when I pay to See St Mirren.

I just thought he'd be more organised. Well I hoped he would.

Edited by East Lothian Saint
pressed submit too early

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Jim Clunie was at Paisley International Airport heading either to an away game in Europe or off to spy on Euro opposition.He was contacted by Radio Clyde and did an interview by phone and managed to drop in the "F" word a few times.Maggie Faulds contacted her Hubby and JC was sacked.

A few times. They had to bleep every second word. :lol:   What a shocking excuse to sack the manager and Maggie was never allowed to forget it.  

1 hour ago, East Lothian Saint said:

No bullshit. He was late arriving and the game started before he was ready.  Didn't look good.

I'm not getting this. Maybe it's my failing brain but I doubt it.

You said he was "nowhere to be seen" and then you said he was "15 feet away" from the dugout.

All I'm asking is which of those was true because it can't be both.

39 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not getting this. Maybe it's my failing brain but I doubt it.

You said he was "nowhere to be seen" and then you said he was "15 feet away" from the dugout.

All I'm asking is which of those was true because it can't be both.

Maybe its your brain mate. Maybe it's mine.

As the game was about to kick off he was somewhere behind the goal area. The dugout is at the halfway line. Some people say the ref delayed the start of the game to let him cut across the pitch at the corner flag. I'm sure he was still on the pitch when the whistle blew.  He wasn't just standing 15 yards from the dug out waiting for the game to start. He was sprinting around the goal to try and get there for the start of the match. It looked awful. I was in the EK rugby club after the game and a few of the club officials and their fans also mentioned it. They just said it as they saw it. Disrespect.

A  few of our fans obviously take a different perspective and Goody can do no wrong.  In their minds anyone who says otherwise is wrong..

I get that and I appreciate we all need him to do well. We all want him to do well. I as much as anyone else but I'm not blinkered. He's not perfect.  YET!

Its maybe only a little thing but not beating non league and lower division teams is a big issue and everyone needs to up their game including Goody.  Our squad, as it is, will struggle against Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen in the next few weeks but surely, East Kilbride and Dunfermilne isn't too much to ask. Rosario and Edinburgh City weren't really convincing results either.

He's new in the job. He has no experience of managing a full time professional Team. The team attitude will be set by the manager. It needs to improve.

Hopefully he'll do better in future.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

30 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Maybe its your brain mate. Maybe it's mine.

As the game was about to kick off he was somewhere behind the goal area. The dugout is at the halfway line. Some people say the ref delayed the start of the game to let him cut across the pitch at the corner flag. I'm sure he was still on the pitch when the whistle blew.  He wasn't just standing 15 yards from the dug out waiting for the game to start. He was sprinting around the goal to try and get there for the start of the match. It looked awful. I was in the EK rugby club after the game and a few of the club officials and their fans also mentioned it. They just said it as they saw it. Disrespect.

A  few of our fans obviously take a different perspective and Goody can do no wrong.  In their minds anyone who says otherwise is wrong..

I get that and I appreciate we all need him to do well. We all want him to do well. I as much as anyone else but I'm not blinkered. He's not perfect.  YET!

Its maybe only a little thing but not beating non league and lower division teams is a big issue and everyone needs to up their game including Goody.  Our squad, as it is, will struggle against Hibs, Rangers and Aberdeen in the next few weeks but surely, East Kilbride and Dunfermilne isn't too much to ask. Rosario and Edinburgh City weren't really convincing results either.

He's new in the job. He has no experience of managing a full time professional Team. The team attitude will be set by the manager. It needs to improve.

Hopefully he'll do better in future.

And hopefully he will have supporters who won't pick up on any and every little inconsistency!  Yes!  😎

and perhaps supporters who don't say "he was nowhere to be seen" but yet "25 feet from the dugout" ......... unless of course you knew what was coming and had your eyes shut. 😎