Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Back on subject, the vast majority have seen this thread as pointless, are they all wrong? 

So if you make a valid observation about our game and the fact the managers style is a bit too laissez faire and go onto suggest how you think he could improve., That's pointless?

I think I get it. I should stick to short one liners like:

Sticking a P at the front of peoples names or changing them to make them sound rude. 

Slagging off people who are not very good with spelling

Using terms like fanny, wanker, liar, idiot etc. a lot- In fact, post very little else.

Don't make valid points about anything

Act like a dick!

OK Here goes..............

Fannyplay Saint is a dickhead. 

How did I do Fannyplay?  Can I hang out at your Pad.??????

Edited by East Lothian Saint

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

So if you make a valid observation about our game and the fact the managers style is a bit too laissez faire and go onto suggest how you think he could improve., That's pointless?

I think I get it. I should stick to short one liners like:

Sticking a P at the front of peoples names or changing them to make them sound rude. 

Slagging off people who are not very good with spelling

Using terms like fanny, wanker, liar, idiot etc. a lot- In fact, post very little else.

Don't make valid points about anything

Act like a dick!

OK Here goes..............

Fannyplay Saint is a dickhead. 

How did I do Fannyplay . Can I hang out at your Pad.??????

Drinking already? :lol:

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Drinking already? :lol:

Only Coffee. I'm Working this Morning. Heading off shortly.

Hope to finish early enough to get over to Coatbridge for a few pre-match Shandies though.

Its either that of watch them sober. That would be even more tortuous than this forum.

:guinness

11 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Not as far as St Mirren fans were concerned. After all he is our manager and we adore him.

How did it look to the our players, The East Kilbride fans and their team,

Which is my point. Strangely enough.

I was there surrounded by our fans behind the goal and honestly no one uttered a peep about it at the time !!! 

10 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:
11 hours ago, jaybee said:

Sorry it was not  intended as a personal slur, however not nice or not, some might call it a bit strong; but I don't, like it or not you lied, end off.

You clearly were playing for effect, high faluting, how dare he not be there, who dos he think he is?

I do get your point but you cocked it up with a blatent lie, untruth, falsehood, porky etc etc 😎

Other than that you have a valid point.

Were you there? At least three other posters confirm Goody was a late arrival and no where to be seen in the dug Out. He was late for work.

What did you see?

Glad you got the valid point. Even if you are more concerned with shooting the messenger.

No falsehoods. Just confirmed facts. Even if you can't see it.

It's highfalutin by the way and my language isn't as flowery as yours.  

No I was not there but other people were and they posted that Goody was 15 yards from the dugout as the game kicked off and going by what  you posted which was contradictory, either you are blind or are lying,  you have had ample opportunities to amend or recant that initial statement; but instead you made such a big thing about it, so I decided to make an equally big thing about your mistake, I mean if goody isn't allowed one, why should you be.  I am simply trying to make the  point that you need to meet your own standards. As for high faluting v highfalutin I think you got my point ....... and I don't use Grammarly to check my posts as this is a forum not an English exam, kind of proves my point though a pedant who doesn't like being pulled up. and looks to ped again.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yeah I wonder why? Hmmmm.

You are at it my friend and I'm not biting.

We already have enough genuine idiots in IOBS and DougJamie. We don't need you joining them.

There was a time when BAWA was about debate a time when the forum flourished. The list of names who have left the forum is as long as Gus's list of players. Even the web master rarely makes a post these day's. a nicer guy you could not meet. There are still some decent contributors around East Lothian  Saint being one. The intelligent one rarely starts his own topics preferring to be the forums judgemental one looking down on others while bumming up his own ego. This a guy teaching students can you imagine. Hearing East Kilbride fans and officals saying the St Mirren manager was being disrespectful should be enough too forum members and hopefully to Jim Goodwin also. 

Don't always agree with oaksoft but he is spot on here and you are defending the indefensible ELS  is shit stirring ......... yes of course what we need right now is a topic slating the new manager as Faraway would say FFS?  

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There's a long list of names that have joined the forum also.

People leave for lots of reasons.

Trying to "blame" people who still use the forum is very subjective. 

Have you "got" your own message yet? Doesn't look like it. Try reasoned argument.. It might catch on. 

30 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Don't always agree with oaksoft but he is spot on here and you are defending the indefensible ELS  is shit stirring ......... yes of course what we need right now is a topic slating the new manager as Faraway would say FFS?  

I genuinely don't read it that way. My understanding is that ELS wants very much for JG to succeed and that he can. Why shoot someone down for voicing a genuine concern, one that was made constructively.? Yes.. He used figurative language. He wouldnt be the first on here and he won't be the last. Jim.. Keep working, keep improving, dont close your ears or eyes to criticism. Be professional and keep learnng. All the best. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

No I was not there but other people were and they posted that Goody was 15 yards from the dugout as the game kicked off and going by what  you posted which was contradictory, either you are blind or are lying,  you have had ample opportunities to amend or recant that initial statement; but instead you made such a big thing about it, so I decided to make an equally big thing about your mistake, I mean if goody isn't allowed one, why should you be.  I am simply trying to make the  point that you need to meet your own standards. As for high faluting v highfalutin I think you got my point ....... and I don't use Grammarly to check my posts as this is a forum not an English exam, kind of proves my point though a pedant who doesn't like being pulled up. and looks to ped again.

You got the Point???????    You said.

Maybe I am the only Saints fan it Bothered. Maybe I just have higher standards. That's irrelevant.

I was Mixing with East Kilbride fans after the Game. They brought it up. They revelled in their victory and their mood was "Get it right up you Goodwin. Because we're a diddy team you don't need to prepare. Ha! Ha!"

Jaybee. I don't manage St Mirren but If I did I would be excessively concerned with minor details. I'd be a Pedant as you say.

Which is my Point. Just in case you don't really get it

Being Bold

On 7/21/2019 at 4:03 PM, djchapsticks said:

Goodwin was out before the match kicked off and in fact, was actually still jogging off the pitch when the game started, the referee paused the kick-off of the match to let him get across the pitch and near enough to the sideline. He was about 15 yards from the dugout as soon as the first ball was kicked.

Jaybee with all due respect.  You weren't there. I wasn't the only one to notice it.

The referee did too. The players also did, as they had to wait to start the game because Goody was late for work.

Get My Point?????????

Pedant

Guest TPAFKATS
Jaybee with all due respect.  You weren't there. I wasn't the only one to notice it.
The referee did too. The players also did because they had to wait to start the game because Goody was late for work.
Get My Point?????????
He would have been at work since arriving at our training complex on Saturday prior to travelling to EK, so he wasn't late for work.

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
19 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
The referee did too. The players also did because they had to wait to start the game because Goody was late for work.
Get My Point?????????

He would have been at work since arriving at our training complex on Saturday prior to travelling to EK, so he wasn't late for work.

Come on, who's being a pedant now.  

Ok, lets forget the game was held up because Goody wasn't ready.  

It good to see everyone defending him. Its great we're all finally uniting behind a manager.   

Good job Lads. Long live Goody!

On a side note, I see I got more likes for calling Faraway, FannyPlay  than I did for Criticising Jim.

Looks like we're on our way.

Feck Knows where though.

See you tonight

1 minute ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Come on, who's being a pedant now.  

Ok, lets forget the game was held up because Goody wasn't ready.  

It good to see everyone defending him. Its great we're all finally uniting behind a manager.   

Good job Lads. Long live Goody!

On a side note, I see I got more likes for calling Faraway, FannyPlay  than I did for Criticising Jim.

Looks like we're on our way.

Feck Knows where though.

See you tonight

Don't get excited, them 2 fannies "like" anything that's aimed at me, not the content. :lol:

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
35 minutes ago, jaybee said:

I genuinely don't read it that way. My understanding is that ELS wants very much for JG to succeed and that he can. Why shoot someone down for voicing a genuine concern, one that was made constructively.? Yes.. He used figurative language. He wouldnt be the first on here and he won't be the last. Jim.. Keep working, keep improving, dont close your ears or eyes to criticism. Be professional and keep learnng. All the best. 

Not to be contentious, but my take on ELS is that which I stated previously, I loath liars and he continually repeats what he said; but ignores other peoples versions, he choose to use his version to berate the manager for what most people would consider a triviality, and so whilst you may acquiesce for the sake of peace ............I choose not to.

I also sincerely doubt the Goody needs lessons on etiquette from posters on this forum.

Just now, jaybee said:

Not to be contentious, but my take on ELS is that which I stated previously, I loath liars and he continually repeats what he said; but ignores other peoples versions, he choose to use his version to berate the manager for what most people would consider a triviality, and so whilst you may acquiesce for the sake of peace ............I choose not to.

I also sincerely doubt the Goody needs lessons on etiquette from posters on this forum.

Now you Loath me.  FFS I hope you don't mean Loathe.

That's definitely not nice.

7 minutes ago, jaybee said:

he continually repeats what he said; but ignores other peoples versions, he choose to use his version to berate the manager

Come on. At least four other posters on here confirm the start of the match was delayed because Goody wasn't ready.

Are they all liars too.

Tell me again. What exactly did you see???????????

8 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Now you seek to deflect. 

Come on Jim Goodwin. 

Onwards and upwards. 

But... You are entitled to your view and I feel no need to have adverse feelings towards you over that. 

21 minutes ago, jaybee said:

so whilst you may acquiesce for the sake of peace ............I choose not to.

Your Call mate. 

I need to get ready for the match. Got a bit of travelling to do to get there. Leaving soon.

I'll deal with your personal attacks tomorrow. 

COYS

SMTID

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
12 minutes ago, jaybee said:

he continually repeats what he said; but ignores other peoples versions, he choose to use his version to berate the manager

Come on. At least four other posters on here confirm the start of the match was delayed because Goody wasn't ready.

Are they all liars too.

Tell me again. What exactly did you see???????????

Now you Loath me.  FFS I hope you don't mean Loathe.

That's definitely not nice.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
12 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Now you seek to deflect. 

Come on Jim Goodwin. 

Onwards and upwards. 

But... You are entitled to your view and I feel no need to have adverse feelings towards you over that. 

OK.............. last post re this for me anyway.  Now ELS; you are being a clever dick, supposedly in a conversation with oaksoft you said you did NOT want to pull people up for not spelling properly (that didn't last long, did it?), below is your second time on correcting my spelling.  Does that make you feel good ?

What I said re liars is that I loath liars,  you said "Now you Loath me.  FFS I hope you don't mean Loathe." I must therefore assume you admit you lied, in which case I was correct, however I am fairly sure you will weasel your way out of that. After all you need to feel better don't you?

This is the second time you have asked "Tell me again. What exactly did you see???????????, I have already said nothing, does asking again prove anything? or does it simply make you feel better?

I really was trying to be fair and in my opinion offered many chances for you to say ...........well many things which you didn't, instead your remarks have got a touch on the snide side, purporting not to be very eloquent; unless of course it suits you to do so, possibly because it makes you feel better.

And Ricky........No deflection, I may be nitpicking, but only nitpicking a nitpicker, and quite obviously one who feels he and his opinions are superior to anyone else's.