Goody's Report card - Must Try Harder.

12 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

OK, Don't bite and don't dumb down the argument. 

What do you think of Goody's performance so far?

My hypothesis is, its been benign. (To quote you. As in unharmful to the opposition-figuratively speaking of course.)

I personally don't think its been good enough. He doesn't have much to work with admittedly but he hasn't really been up against much either.

Discuss! 

I'll discuss it when you admit you made a rip-roaring arse of your first claim about him being "nowhere to be seen" at the kickoff on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
12 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:

OK, Don't bite and don't dumb down the argument. 

What do you think of Goody's performance so far?

My hypothesis is, its been benign. (To quote you. As in unharmful to the opposition-figuratively speaking of course.)

I personally don't think its been good enough. He doesn't have much to work with admittedly but he hasn't really been up against much either.

Discuss! 

I'll discuss it when you admit you made a rip-roaring arse of your first claim about him being "nowhere to be seen" at the kickoff on Saturday.

Are you scary or what?  ELS seems to be attempting to pacify you. He intends to sort me out tomorrow. helpppppppppppppp.  Sounds agressive doesn't it? what he actually said was .... 

Your Call mate. 

I need to get ready for the match. Got a bit of travelling to do to get there. Leaving soon.

I'll deal with your personal attacks tomorrow. 

I have had enough bickering, not sure he will ever get the point so no more.................... but hey! must be good to be as scary as you?  :D

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Ask Wendy Saints. They are one of the same.

Indeed, yet some, when they run out of ideas, think it's Shull. 

Edited 1 hour ago by faraway saint

I have admitted my transgression re Shull, gstrechuk and now Wendy WOW! is Shull really Shull? does he exist? is it all a dream?  😎

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

There was a time when BAWA was about debate a time when ....blah blah blah.....

Ach just go away you brainless numpty.

ELS was caught out lying about Jim being "nowhere to be seen".

End of discussion.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Come on, who's being a pedant now.  
Ok, lets forget the game was held up because Goody wasn't ready.  
It good to see everyone defending him. Its great we're all finally uniting behind a manager.   
Good job Lads. Long live Goody!
On a side note, I see I got more likes for calling Faraway, FannyPlay  than I did for Criticising Jim.
Looks like we're on our way.
Feck Knows where though.
See you tonight

What post number was this? I'll add to the like count.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Looks like that discussion is over then.

Betfred Cup hasn't gone too good. In fact,  It might be fair to say the Club have made a rip roaring arse of it.

19 hours ago, jaybee said:

Now you Loath me.  FFS I hope you don't mean Loathe.

That's definitely not nice.

OK.............. last post re this for me anyway.  Now ELS; you are being a clever dick, supposedly in a conversation with oaksoft you said you did NOT want to pull people up for not spelling properly (that didn't last long, did it?), below is your second time on correcting my spelling.  Does that make you feel good ?

What I said re liars is that I loath liars,  you said "Now you Loath me.  FFS I hope you don't mean Loathe." I must therefore assume you admit you lied, in which case I was correct, however I am fairly sure you will weasel your way out of that. After all you need to feel better don't you?

This is the second time you have asked "Tell me again. What exactly did you see???????????, I have already said nothing, does asking again prove anything? or does it simply make you feel better?

I really was trying to be fair and in my opinion offered many chances for you to say ...........well many things which you didn't, instead your remarks have got a touch on the snide side, purporting not to be very eloquent; unless of course it suits you to do so, possibly because it makes you feel better.

And Ricky........No deflection, I may be nitpicking, but only nitpicking a nitpicker, and quite obviously one who feels he and his opinions are superior to anyone else's.

I have said many things my  'friend.'

And I stand by them all.

See you at Easter Road.

PS

last night's performance wasn't too good either.

I mean the team (including the manager) in case there is any doubt.

There may be trouble ahead.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 12:45 PM, East Lothian Saint said:

Ok. The facts are once again we have changed managers mid preseason and we are playing catch up. We have a threadbare squad and only one class player Hladky. A few others like Paul McGinn or Ryan Flynn could maybe land a squad role at Ross County or Hamilton and Kyle Magennis is a prospect but seriously the rest of the squad wouldn’t attract any interest from other Premier league Clubs. There are no immediate signings on the horizon and our record so far this season has been uninspiring. Have I missed anything?

I missed the Dunfermline game, but I’ve been to the rest including Gus’s managerial return against Rosario. All the lower league opposition we have played have looked more physical, taller (except Rosario who had a goalie with a beer belly and was struggling to hit 5’ 6”), more organised and hungrier than us. I know its preseason but as a PROFESSIONAL football team I expected more from our team. I appreciate the personnel difficulties but seriously we haven’t been playing Barcelona, Real Madrid or even fecking Hamilton. A PROFESSIONAL premier league club should be drilled, disciplined and able to breakdown lower league, non league and pub teams. We’re in the PREMIER league because we’re a full-time professional club even if we are a bit short stretched personnel wise and the ticketing system on our web site is rank rotten.

We have an inexperienced manager in place who is a club legend. Goody’s at the wheel but he’d better learn to DRIVE real soon because if what we have seen so far is anything to go by, we’re in trouble.

Forget the players, the weak squad and the perceived lack of support from on high. At East Kilbride it was obvious the blame for the players Lack Lustre performances lies at Goody's door. WHY???????

Anyone at the game would have seen that when the game kicked off Goody was no where to be seen. He wasn’t in the dug out and the players had no leader backing them up when they kicked off.

Just after kick off we had 11 players and a manager on the park as Goody Sprinted round the park and cut across the field at the corner flag to get to the dug out because he’d missed the start of the game.

OK maybe he had a sudden urge for a toilet break which would be acceptable but failing that where is the PROFFESSIONALISM and leadership. “The manager can’t be arsed being in the dugout. We don’t really need to put in the effort” was a message which probably psychologically reverberated through the team. It was completely disrespectful to East Kilbride who possibly got a different psychological message. “Jumped up twat doesn’t even bother coming out for the start. Think we’re an easy touch. We’ll show you” and Guess what they did.

I didn’t see it but Bairdy apparently upset a few fans. His UNPROFESSIONALISM suggests he’s not got control of that that impetuous side of his nature that cost us a few penalties last season. I love Bairdy but don’t diss the fans mate. Goody needs to get these players acting PROFESSIONALLY and to do that he needs to take a good look at himself.

Would Jack Ross or Oran Kearney be so laid back they’d miss the start of a game? Feck it Alan Stubbs didn’t even do that.

Goody being at the wheel means you’re the Driver. So, no more lack lustre managerial displays. Get yourself acting like a leader and give the fans the effort we deserve.

Good luck in your new job mate. I hope you succeed. We all do.

How are things looking this preseason? Same manager, still looking to recruit but overall in a better place? 

1 minute ago, Leatherface said:

What the fuk are you talking about? How are things looking, are you on a desert island? Same fecking pish as usual....

There you go. Don't agree. Kept the best of what we could. Recruiting underway and good so far. What's not to like? 

On 7/19/2020 at 1:17 PM, St.Ricky said:

How are things looking this preseason? Same manager, still looking to recruit but overall in a better place? 

No idea Ricky. Like everyone else I haven't seen any pre-season friendlies. Other than a third hand report from Stevie Mallan that Morias and Foley were outstanding during the Hibs game. I've not really heard much. I don't do twitter and the club haven't put on any match reports I can see. 

We do have some signings though and Goody is making positive noises along with Tony's usual world beating predictions. Alan Stubbs is bemoaning the fact Tony didn't give him a magic hat has made the news too. In fact there has been more coverage of that than any of our pre season games. 

I'm missing the football big time and I don't think TV coverage of empty stadiums will do much to scratch the itch.

Still what is, is what is.

COYS 

Edited by East Lothian Saint
social distancing

• 4 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 9:35 AM, HSS said:

Jim Clunie was at Paisley International Airport heading either to an away game in Europe or off to spy on Euro opposition.He was contacted by Radio Clyde and did an interview by phone and managed to drop in the "F" word a few times.Maggie Faulds contacted her Hubby and JC was sacked.

40 years ago today................

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1980&GameID=198011220

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/1980-11-22%3A+Celtic+1-2+St+Mirren%2C+Premier+Division