Hibs v St Mirren 3/8/19

St.Ricky

15 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

International clearance now in for İlkay Durmuş, Sam Foley and Sean McLoughlin.

All will be available for tomorrow.

Are they all fit, or at least fit enough to play a part?

here's hoping we do well enough to mug Hibs off for a point. 

Dont buy a pint anywhere near the Royal mile, George Street, Princes Street or the Grassmarket. Doon Leith Walk prices are a bit more like normal.

Hibs have 5 players out injured... (Sounds a bit like us -  often)  they are :- 

Ryan Porteous, David Gray (both knee), Lewis Stevenson (calf) and Vykintas Slivka (hip) and Martin Boyle (knee)

They still have a tidy squad though.

We have a choice of players from :- 
Hladky, P McGinn, Baird, MacKenzie, McLoughlin, Magennis, Erhahon, Flynn, S McGinn, Foley, Andreu, Djorkaeff, MacPherson, Durmus, Mullen, McAllister, Walker, Glover, Breadner, Lyness.

And add in OKI WAN KANOBI, and possibly the Mysterious LB . . . 

IF MacKenzie is fit, I think we might go with a back 3 - it would give more cover on the left if Erhahon is playing LB, and we could ofcourse revert to a straight back 4 later on...

Who was moaning about us only having 10 players for tomorrow's game?   :guinness  

So, now we have a few signings in the door, any ideas what the starting X1 could be tomorrow? 

I personally don't have a clue. 

Are all the new signings ready to go? 

At a guess, maybe this..... 

HLADKY

BAIRD, MCKENZIE, MCLOUGHLIN

MCGINN P, ERHAHON

MCGINN S, FOLEY, DJORKAEF/FLYNN

DURMUS,  MULLEN/OBIKA

Edited by Prague Buddie

So, now we have a few signings in the door, any ideas what the starting X1 could be tomorrow? 
HLADKY
MCGINN P, ERHAHON
DURMUS,  MULLEN/OBIKA

Andreu will play

2 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

HLADKY

MCGINN P, ERHAHON

DURMUS,  MULLEN/OBIKA

You won't be far out with this - add in Andreu and Magennis too...

I think the DJork will be on the bench along with Mullen if Obika is up to fitness or if he can last for an hour or so...

On 8/1/2019 at 7:53 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

If we can get ourselves a centre half and a left back we might be able to compete on Saturday . Glad there's a bit of pace in the side , also good that we,ve signed two left footed players to give us a bit of balance .

Glad you have brought us back to the game. Not quite the finished article and little time to work together with the new guys. Still.. Looking forward to what no doubt will be another topsy turvy season. Great time to be a Saints fan. Never a dull moment. 

51 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Does Andreu deserve to play? 

Not sure he does, but he has been about for a month or so and should have an idea what Goodwin wants...

Depends on how fit the guys looked at training from Wed. onwards - as someone suggested just after midnight last Sunday...  :guinness

7 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not sure he does, but he has been about for a month or so and should have an idea what Goodwin wants...

Depends on how fit the guys looked at training from Wed. onwards - as someone suggested just after midnight last Sunday...  

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Despite our signing spree the odds on us to win have lengthened. 
Latest odds, Bet 365, are Hibs 4/9, St Mirren 7/1 with the draw 3/1
There's usually a few shocks early in the season, so you never know.  :rolleyes:

Mr gstretchuk better get his £20 on and posted on the page while his bankers hibs are at 4/9 then [emoji3]I would hate his charity to lose any extra money

Would be a minor miracle if we can grab a win today given how late all the new arrivals have come in. Looking forward to seeing some of the new signings and hopefully an improved team. 

Perfect day weather wise for opening day and a famous shock win - 2-1 Saints. 

As someone else has already said, I think the inclusion of some of our new signings means that Hibs won't have any idea of how we will play. Against that, the new boys will have had very little time to gel with the others, so I'm going for a draw (1 - 1) and a very welcome first point in our quest to finish further up the table than last season.

COYS!!