Hibs v St Mirren 3/8/19

St.Ricky

A draw would be fantastic, with some of the new boys getting to know their teammates and starting to build their match fitness. We are miles behind in our preparation, but we need to be patient; it’s a long season and Hibs away is a tough opener. They’re missing a few players today and we have the best keeper in the league, so hopefully we can catch them cold, but big ask.
COYS anyway!!

1 minute ago, Balmullo Bud said:

A draw would be fantastic, with some of the new boys getting to know their teammates and starting to build their match fitness. We are miles behind in our preparation, but we need to be patient; it’s a long season and Hibs away is a tough opener. They’re missing a few players today and we have the best keeper in the league, so hopefully we can catch them cold, but big ask.
COYS anyway!!

Snap  😃

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Post from Hibs forum......................cheeky gets.

With pre-season finally out of the way, it's time for our league campaign to finally begin. We can hardly ask for a better opening game at home to St Mirren, a club who always seem to be in a state of perpetual turmoil.

Yeh and a team who always seem to get a result from them 😎

Let's start the season off on a positive note 5-0 Hibs with at least 2 of them penaltys for tickling a couple of there players who will go down as if they have been shot. Oh and one of our new guys getting sent off for sneezing in the wrong direction. Welcome back to the only show in town the Celtic and Rangers show. 

Let’s face it the quote from the Hibs forum is right on the money, We do as a Club always seem to be in turmoil and start the season handicapped !!!!

Like you said, we haven’t had a ‘settled’ period in the last 10 years

I’d be happy with mid table mediocrity for a few seasons

Anyway, Saints to win today 2-3

Let's start the season off on a positive note 5-0 Hibs with at least 2 of them penaltys for tickling a couple of there players who will go down as if they have been shot. Oh and one of our new guys getting sent off for sneezing in the wrong direction. Welcome back to the only show in town the Celtic and Rangers show. 

You can’t be anymore positive than that 🕺[emoji12]

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Going by penalties awarded last night

I expect Sevco to hit the 50 mark this season the new rule a joke

On today Hibs 4-0 it will take a wee while before the team starts to gell

Don’t you just luv St Mirren - another roller coaster journey awaits but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Everybody has us relegated but I’ve got a sneaky felling we are going to do all right this season. Recruitment hasn’t been the best but eventually we have got players in that look like they will be pushing for first 11 rather than squad fillers. Hope the big man up front keeps clear of injury and bangs in a few goals for us.

Team won’t have had any time to gel so would take a draw right now but Hibs may be just a bit.ahead in terms of preparation so wouldn’t be a massive surprise if we lose. Hopefully a good performance with new additions showing up well.

Its the hope that kills you lol 😂 

COYS !

54 minutes ago, Dare said:

Don’t you just luv St Mirren - another roller coaster journey awaits but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Everybody has us relegated but I’ve got a sneaky felling we are going to do all right this season. Recruitment hasn’t been the best but eventually we have got players in that look like they will be pushing for first 11 rather than squad fillers. Hope the big man up front keeps clear of injury and bangs in a few goals for us.

Team won’t have had any time to gel so would take a draw right now but Hibs may be just a bit.ahead in terms of preparation so wouldn’t be a massive surprise if we lose. Hopefully a good performance with new additions showing up well.

Its the hope that kills you lol 😂    COYS !

^^^^ this.. Doesn't matter if it's a roller coaster, we are fans who support through thick and thin...

I saw somewhere that Ross County are favourites to go back down...   Personally, think it will be between Hamilton and Livi if we get our act together before too long...

A few surprises there

McGinn at left back I would assume, Cammy at RB. Mackenzie instead of Baird a bit surprising too.

Glad Durmus starts, Obika to come on during the second half.

Hibs team looks really strong going forward but not great defensively,Whittaker’s best days are behind him so he can be targeted