Hibs v St Mirren 3/8/19

St.Ricky

46 minutes ago, munoz said:

Considering some of the new recruits just arrived this week, I thought that was a superb performance from every player including the subs. Although Hibs had the better of the chances,  we had some very good ones of our own. 

Very organised from start to finish,  unfortunately just switched off at their goal although it was well worked.  

If we bring that type of performance every week, we'll be more than fine.

Sums it up for me too. 

14 players all contributed well and we were not far off taking 1 or even 3 points.  As per our norm we did not take our chances, but hopefully confidence will rise and that will change.

Obviously still players short but MacPherson at RB did well...

Great to see Fakes and Hamilton having really bad results! though hopefully we stay up well clear of them and livi !!

Decent start to our League Campaign ...  hopefully a surprise point (or 3) over the next 2 league games . . .

After watching all the League Cup displays I was well impressed with what I witnessed today. The four new guys contributed well and Andreu and Djorkoff finally looked as they too will be a decent addition. Thought Cammy McPherson and Paul McGinn put on great displays considering both were playing out of position. Not permanent for both of them but a big improvement in the full back stakes. And Ryan Flynn had an excellent game. Feeling far far more positive now considering there are a couple more to come in. Bring it on.

Edit to Add: It was also nice to see Mr and Mrs Stephen McGInn sitting in with the supporters today and not in the prawn sandwich seats.

Edited by Sonny

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I know we lost today, and we will probably lose our next two but...

Just thought today exemplified the absolute folly of some our support getting themselves in such a state during the league cup group stage.

WTF!  🤣

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

After watching all the League Cup displays I was well impressed with what I witnessed today. The four new guys contributed well and Andreu and Djorkoff finally looked as they too will be a decent addition. Thought Cammy McPherson and Paul McGinn put on great displays considering both were playing out of position. Not permanent for both of them but a big improvement in the full back stakes. And Ryan Flynn had an excellent game. Feeling far far more positive now considering there are a couple more to come in. Bring it on.

Edit to Add: It was also nice to see Mr and Mrs Stephen McGInn sitting in with the supporters today and not in the prawn sandwich seats.

Yes it was and Stephen took time to speak with a number of fans.

Club Captain in name and in deed.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hibs were a bit off it, that said we were co
competitive and that's a plus. Big Mac tired at the end, maybe Baird should have been on?
We played sharper, quicker free flowing football without S McGinn. Might be a worry for him

Doubt we will see a lot of S McGinn starting this season other than if we get a run of injuries.

We are going in the right direction and I think we are going to suprise a few of the "experts" this season

It's too early to read much into the performance or result or how the new signings did. 1 year ago Stubbs' team did well away to Kilmarnock in the League Cup and beat Dundee at home in the first league game and Danny Mullen was the top scorer in the league.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy