St.Ricky

Hibs v St Mirren 3/8/19

14 players all contributed well and we were not far off taking 1 or even 3 points.  As per our norm we did not take our chances, but hopefully confidence will rise and that will change.

Obviously still players short but MacPherson at RB did well...

Great to see Fakes and Hamilton having really bad results! though hopefully we stay up well clear of them and livi !!

Decent start to our League Campaign ...  hopefully a surprise point (or 3) over the next 2 league games . . .

I know we lost today, and we will probably lose our next two but...

Just thought today exemplified the absolute folly of some our support getting themselves in such a state during the league cup group stage.

After watching all the League Cup displays I was well impressed with what I witnessed today. The four new guys contributed well and Andreu and Djorkoff finally looked as they too will be a decent addition. Thought Cammy McPherson and Paul McGinn put on great displays considering both were playing out of position. Not permanent for both of them but a big improvement in the full back stakes. And Ryan Flynn had an excellent game. Feeling far far more positive now considering there are a couple more to come in. Bring it on.

Edit to Add: It was also nice to see Mr and Mrs Stephen McGInn sitting in with the supporters today and not in the prawn sandwich seats.

Edited by Sonny

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I know we lost today, and we will probably lose our next two but...

Just thought today exemplified the absolute folly of some our support getting themselves in such a state during the league cup group stage.

WTF!  🤣

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

After watching all the League Cup displays I was well impressed with what I witnessed today. The four new guys contributed well and Andreu and Djorkoff finally looked as they too will be a decent addition. Thought Cammy McPherson and Paul McGinn put on great displays considering both were playing out of position. Not permanent for both of them but a big improvement in the full back stakes. And Ryan Flynn had an excellent game. Feeling far far more positive now considering there are a couple more to come in. Bring it on.

Edit to Add: It was also nice to see Mr and Mrs Stephen McGInn sitting in with the supporters today and not in the prawn sandwich seats.

Yes it was and Stephen took time to speak with a number of fans.

Club Captain in name and in deed.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Hibs were a bit off it, that said we were co
competitive and that's a plus. Big Mac tired at the end, maybe Baird should have been on?
We played sharper, quicker free flowing football without S McGinn. Might be a worry for him

Doubt we will see a lot of S McGinn starting this season other than if we get a run of injuries.

We are going in the right direction and I think we are going to suprise a few of the "experts" this season

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

I really really hope so there is nothing I would love more than, to see all these pundits eat there words especially Tom English and that twat Michael Stewart. 

This post from him alone renders him a useless, totally shite excuse for a “pundit”.

0799EB96-8E3B-4C26-8557-83EBF0474E76.jpeg

It's too early to read much into the performance or result or how the new signings did. 1 year ago Stubbs' team did well away to Kilmarnock in the League Cup and beat Dundee at home in the first league game and Danny Mullen was the top scorer in the league.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

6 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

It's too early to read much into the performance or result or how the new signings did. 1 year ago Stubbs' team did well away to Kilmarnock in the League Cup and beat Dundee at home in the first league game and Danny Mullen was the top scorer in the league.

To a certain extent I agree but the big difference in the performance against the shambles that was the league cup group that should give something more than blind faith.

Dundee were, IMO, always a team we should have seen as points whereas Hibs, although we do have a decent record against them, are not, especially away from home.

It's early days and ultimately it's all about points.

Hope we don't end up in trouble by one point at the end of the season right enough. :wink:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

To a certain extent I agree but the big difference in the performance against the shambles that was the league cup group that should give something more than blind faith.

Dundee were, IMO, always a team we should have seen as points whereas Hibs, although we do have a decent record against them, are not, especially away from home.

It's early days and ultimately it's all about points.

Hope we don't end up in trouble by one point at the end of the season right enough. :wink:

Also to be fair, we stole the points against Dundee with them missing a penalty. 

16 hours ago, TopCat said:

Agree regarding S McGinn. We are clearly a much better team without him.

But if these boys were in sooner...? We would have won the league cup group and be away in Parkhead next Tuesday...?

🤨

And that is the real issue here, these new players had all been available for over a month, some two months, but we only land them a day or two before our first league game. That, considering we have a DoF supposedly dedicated to bringing quality (moneyball) players to the club is inexcusable!

the chairman's hard on for chasing Oran out, and the DoF's lack of activity have cost us league cup progression, and put us at a disadvantage against most teams in this league where we are playing catch up from day one.

Aberdeen and the **** will not be as goal shy as Hibs, we will suffer greater losses against them, and be looking at the Livi game as our first potential positive result. If we dont get it there we will have a worse start than last season, and the sheer stupidity at board level for failing to learn from their own mistakes and self harm, will be the root cause!

Having watched the highlights on Buddievision, that is a very different team from the one that underperformed so badly in the league cup.

At times it looked as if we were the home team. The number of times we broke down the wing and played meaningful balls into the box was extremely encouraging.

Some fantastic passes were made, and on another day, with more composed finishing we might have got a draw. However, at the end of the day it's three points lost, although I thought we would lose by three or four yesterday. Glad to be proved wrong on that count.

I though Durmus looks a fine acquisition, and Andreu made a couple of defence splitting passes. Difficult to tell with the others, but overall we actually looked like a decent team.

If, as is predicted, we bring in another four or five players next week, and they are of a similar quality as last week's, we could actually have a relatively enjoyable season.😲

Just a pity that the powers that be fannied about so long in getting shot of our former manager.☹️

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And that is the real issue here, these new players had all been available for over a month, some two months, but we only land them a day or two before our first league game. That, considering we have a DoF supposedly dedicated to bringing quality (moneyball) players to the club is inexcusable!

Bollox - for reasons I laid out in several earlier posts.

10/10 for misguided perseverance, though.

32 minutes ago, antrin said:

Bollox - for reasons I laid out in several earlier posts.

10/10 for misguided perseverance, though.

Please tell me how all the other clubs in this league and below have secured the majority of their signings weeks before us?

is it just hard for us? Ffs man wake up and smell the awfy! Even with a dedicated Director we are weeks behind our competitors. That is a fact!