Hibs v St Mirren 3/8/19

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I dont care about the fakes.

YOU were the one who asked me to consider how better prepared “our competitors” appear to be.  I can only debate with your points if you can stay consistent.  If you genuinely don’t care about Saints’ competitors, why panic so much with your comparisons?

listen to yourself... we signed four players a day or two before our first league game, three of whom it would appear neither the manager or DoF have ever actually saw play! If thats not panic, i dont know what is!

YOU do indeed appear to be an expert on the subject of panic.  I can only repeat SmcG and JG’s comments midweek exuded serenity and calm.  Not panic.  Our management obviously has played a blinder.  Credit where it’s due, in my book.

And all below is hypothetical, in a future neither of us can anticipate... unless we make more assumptions.  I won’t be joining you in any of that.  Life's too short.

and we still need 3-5 more in just to make a squad, and fill the bench. As i said Hibs were off it yesterday, we werent as poor as the league cup games. But we still lost. The next three games will give a better indication if how we will fare. If we lose comprehensively againt The Dons and sevco, and cant beat Livi, then we wont have improved on last season.

Hladky will be off, we will need a really good replacement, a proper left back, and cover in central defence and up front. All of this will no doubt run the length of August and beyond to resolve, by then we will have steadied or be playing catch up till January yet again.

And that is the real issue here, these new players had all been available for over a month, some two months, but we only land them a day or two before our first league game.

Perhaps they weren’t our first choice targets?

the chairman's hard on for chasing Oran out, and the DoF's lack of activity have cost us league cup progression, and put us at a disadvantage against most teams in this league

You act as if Kearney was the second coming of Ferguson.

His record with the squad he inherited from Stubbs was appalling and things only turned around when the Chairman and DOF you constantly berate supported him by providing funds and bringing in a better standard of player or do you suppose Hladky and Popescu were on Kearney’s radar during his term at Coleraine?🤣

He wanted to change the arrangement that was in place last season and the guy who pays his wages didn’t like that. Get over it.

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And that is the real issue here, these new players had all been available for over a month, some two months, but we only land them a day or two before our first league game. That, considering we have a DoF supposedly dedicated to bringing quality (moneyball) players to the club is inexcusable!

the chairman's hard on for chasing Oran out, and the DoF's lack of activity have cost us league cup progression, and put us at a disadvantage against most teams in this league where we are playing catch up from day one.

Aberdeen and the **** will not be as goal shy as Hibs, we will suffer greater losses against them, and be looking at the Livi game as our first potential positive result. If we dont get it there we will have a worse start than last season, and the sheer stupidity at board level for failing to learn from their own mistakes and self harm, will be the root cause!

Most likely a worse start as the league fixtures haven't been too kind to us unfortunately,  But just as I told you last season after the January window when we brought in the Calvary,  You were predicting impending doom,  As first up we had 5 top 6 teams Celtic, Hibs, Rangers, and a Motherwell team who were flying, Then Aberdeen and Hearts away,  Wur Doomed Wur Doomed you were Bawling,  These were games we were very unlikely to win so it was best we play them now and give the players time to gel,  And the same applies now,  :hammer    You surprise me ? its not like you to be so negative  :whistle  

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

And that is the real issue here, these new players had all been available for over a month, some two months, but we only land them a day or two before our first league game. That, considering we have a DoF supposedly dedicated to bringing quality (moneyball) players to the club is inexcusable!

the chairman's hard on for chasing Oran out, and the DoF's lack of activity have cost us league cup progression, and put us at a disadvantage against most teams in this league where we are playing catch up from day one.

Aberdeen and the **** will not be as goal shy as Hibs, we will suffer greater losses against them, and be looking at the Livi game as our first potential positive result. If we dont get it there we will have a worse start than last season, and the sheer stupidity at board level for failing to learn from their own mistakes and self harm, will be the root cause!

Spot on!

18 hours ago, TopCat said:

I know we lost today, and we will probably lose our next two but...

Just thought today exemplified the absolute folly of some our support getting themselves in such a state during the league cup group stage.

Jeezo,

has Mr Tick Tock himself just seriously tried to take the moral highground?

The very definition of shameless.

Edited by W6Saint

Jeezo,
has Mr Tick Tock himself just seriously tried to take the moral highground?
The very definition of shameless.
Our league cup win was not only celebrated by Saints fans now prepared to write it off as meaningless to justify lack of preparation... But galvanised and lifted a whole town.

It pains me that such a wonderful experience is so easily written off just to toe the party line.

We COULD have and SHOULD have done better.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Our league cup win was not only celebrated by Saints fans now prepared to write it off as meaningless to justify lack of preparation... But galvanised and lifted a whole town.

It pains me that such a wonderful experience is so easily written off just to toe the party line.

Agree. Every cup competition is important. The best chance of honours for a club our size. 

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

There are things that happened over the close season that I didn't particularly like , but I don't really see the point in dwelling on them. From what I witnessed yesterday there could be some good times ahead, so for me its probably best to look forward rather than backwards. 

2 hours ago, insaintee said:
8 hours ago, jaybee said:

Not sure what planet you live on my friend, certainly not one I would wish to visit.  😎

I don't know I'd like to visit Uranus 

You really need to stop arseing about my friend, colleague, fellow buddie ermmm. 😃

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

It was better ...  no doubt. 2 teams bombed at weekend and we werent one of them. Last year 3 teams lost every week bar playing each other so it is vital we get points on board . Big game Sunday... we win that confidence will soar....

Aye this time last season we were sitting on 3 points! How have we managed to turn it round lol?

22 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

It would appear that DOF or Manager hadn't seen 3 of the new signing or they actually didn't?  Which is it?  How do you know who watched who before signing?  There is no way the club signed any player without due diligence.  

Ned... tried a few times to understand that sentence and it just doesn't  compute bud.

20 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Most likely a worse start as the league fixtures haven't been too kind to us unfortunately,  But just as I told you last season after the January window when we brought in the Calvary,  You were predicting impending doom,  As first up we had 5 top 6 teams Celtic, Hibs, Rangers, and a Motherwell team who were flying, Then Aberdeen and Hearts away,  Wur Doomed Wur Doomed you were Bawling,  These were games we were very unlikely to win so it was best we play them now and give the players time to gel,  And the same applies now,  :hammer    You surprise me ? its not like you to be so negative  :whistle  

So your rationale is dont worry about losing to half the league? No wonder we needed Dun Utd to be piss poor at penalties to stay in the feckin league then.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So your rationale is dont worry about losing to half the league? No wonder we needed Dun Utd to be piss poor at penalties to stay in the feckin league then.

Exactly.. The penny's dropping at last,  Beat the teams around us that's what we had to do,  6pts out of a possible 6 off Dundee,  4 off Hamilton,  6 off Livingston, We went on a 8 game run, losing only to Celtic breaking Dundee's spirit and would have caught Hamilton too with another game, THEY WONT ESCAPE US THIS SEASON

We went into the play off with United ( a team who already beat us with 10 men } Full of confidence that we could beat them and we should have, AND WE DID. 

9 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think you are forgetting GLS is on record as saying it was entirely Oran's decision to leave!

And?

It took them ages to sort out the legalities of getting rid of him. IMO it could have been done much more quickly.

Now, if you'd just thought before posting...……………………………...

4 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Exactly.. The penny's dropping at last,  Beat the teams around us that's what we had to do,  6pts out of a possible 6 off Dundee,  4 off Hamilton,  6 off Livingston, We went on a 8 game run, losing only to Celtic breaking Dundee's spirit and would have caught Hamilton too with another game, THEY WONT ESCAPE US THIS SEASON

We went into the play off with United ( a team who already beat us with 10 men } Full of confidence that we could beat them and we should have, AND WE DID. 

You and Stevie G obviously went to the same school.........................:lol:

Steven Gerrard claims Rangers would have won the SPL if the games had finished after 86 minutes