Hibs v St Mirren 3/8/19

St.Ricky

8 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

And we care u have got tickets? Not...superfan, look at me I've got tickets!!!

Because this is a St Mirren supporters site and you're currently on the Hibs v St Mirren matchday thread. I can write whatever I choose to as long as its legal. If you disapprove,  you know what to do.

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh aye, I forgot another 6 world cup winners. :lol:

We only need players as good as some from last season.  They are surely out there. 

Just think of all the wages we've saved by leaving things this late.

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Strange question. He's obviously pleased and delighted and maybe a bit worried at the same time to be going and wanted to share that with other fans. I'll certainly be going. COYS

The guy is a fud. Not to be taken seriously. 

11 minutes ago, munoz said:

We only need players as good as some from last season.  They are surely out there. 

Just think of all the wages we've saved by leaving things this late.

That's the thing, some were, some were not.

The market we're in is a bit of a gamble and your point about us leaving things late doesn't, IMO, increase the chances of getting these "good" players. 

For those attending this match, a planned minutes applause, see link.
https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?340555-Hibs-v-St-Mirren-Minutes-Applause&s=19bb7b8a8c4cff49e02859f845a1ccd9
PS Check out the wee girls name. [emoji20]

Puts a game of football into its proper perspective

With Hibs having so many new players there's a chance they could still be getting to know each other and we can take them by surprise.

Our defence has been in top form, we can hold them out and sneak a late goal. 

Hibs 5-1 St MIrren. 

If we lose, and heavily, the current grumblings will reach new heights.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

With Hibs having so many new players there's a chance they could still be getting to know each other and we can take them by surprise.

Our defence has been in top form, we can hold them out and sneak a late goal. 

Hibs 5-1 St MIrren. 

If we lose, and heavily, the current grumblings will reach new heights.

I think there are more and more expecting a heavy defeat so I predict apathy. 

I know I can't see past a hammering. Even if by some miracle we sign 3 or 4 time would be against us.

With Aberdeen and the rangers to follow we will most likely be looking well into the double figures on the goals conceded side.

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

One of those "You had to be there moments" Posted it just because I enjoyed it so much.

Help for old eyes, please...

Who was that in RB position who delicately chipped it back into Hamill?

i can’t make it out?

lovely, lovely ball..

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

At least Hibs won't be able to set their team up based on our likely line up.emoji16.png

There is that. 

Hibs played a high tempo, attacking game against Stirling Albion. Created but missed a number of chances and needed a penalty to draw the game in regulation time. 

On paper, HIbs would win comfortably. They might, they might not. Looking forward to it. 

The four urgent priorities for me are a left back, centre half, a winger and a centre forward - all of which need to be ready to hit the ground running.  We are a week away from start of the season and everyone is in need of a lift ........... even 2 new signings would give us a boost.

The changes behind the scenes obviously haven’t helped however it is alarming that our first team squad is so threadbare. There are only so many times you can hover over the relegation trapdoor and not fall through it. 

In terms of what we have if Mcginn is injured I’d give Kyle the centre mid role - it’s a big season for him as he has been unlucky with injuries over the last few years and deserves a break. Need to hope that Gary Mac’s legs hold up and that we manage to nick a goal from somewhere. 

Bite your arm off for a point but based on our recent performances it looks unlikely. However, with Saints I’ve learned to expect the unexpected and hopefully a couple of signings will boost morale and get us off to a flyer 🐼🐼

On 7/27/2019 at 9:39 AM, Dare said:

The four urgent priorities for me are a left back, centre half, a winger and a centre forward - all of which need to be ready to hit the ground running.  We are a week away from start of the season and everyone is in need of a lift ........... even 2 new signings would give us a boost.

The changes behind the scenes obviously haven’t helped however it is alarming that our first team squad is so threadbare. There are only so many times you can hover over the relegation trapdoor and not fall through it. 

In terms of what we have if Mcginn is injured I’d give Kyle the centre mid role - it’s a big season for him as he has been unlucky with injuries over the last few years and deserves a break. Need to hope that Gary Mac’s legs hold up and that we manage to nick a goal from somewhere. 

Bite your arm off for a point but based on our recent performances it looks unlikely. However, with Saints I’ve learned to expect the unexpected and hopefully a couple of signings will boost morale and get us off to a flyer 🐼🐼

Think we need two centre halfs, left back, two wingers, hard central mid, two strikers, prob cover for right back...Erahon loaned out for couple seasons..