Striker/attacking coach - should we have one?

We seem to suffer from a complete lack of movement and any sort of dynamic plan in the final third and this was very much prevalent last season as well.

We're so static at times it's unreal and then we have floated balls up to Mullen where best case scenario it results in a defender heading it out and getting us up the park. Only for poor movement  from the throw-in to usually result in us surrendering possession or retreating and losing position. 

So... apart from the obvious need for new signings - should we be looking to get an attacking coach on board?  

Our backroom team of Goodwin, Sharp, McManus (and MacPherson) have plenty of experience for defence/midfield.  We have a goalie coach in Langfield. 

Are we neglecting our attacking midfielders and strikers who have very limited experience in the top flight? 

5 minutes ago, Maboza said:

We seem to suffer from a complete lack of movement and any sort of dynamic plan in the final third and this was very much prevalent last season as well.

We're so static at times it's unreal and then we have floated balls up to Mullen where best case scenario it results in a defender heading it out and getting us up the park. Only for poor movement  from the throw-in to usually result in us surrendering possession or retreating and losing position. 

So... apart from the obvious need for new signings - should we be looking to get an attacking coach on board?  

Our backroom team of Goodwin, Sharp, McManus (and MacPherson) have plenty of experience for defence/midfield.  We have a goalie coach in Langfield. 

Are we neglecting our attacking midfielders and strikers who have very limited experience in the top flight? 

Good point but can we have players in first. 

Just now, cockles1987 said:

Is that it, your contribution is to simply confirm my post was factually correct with no evidence to back it up and contribute nothing to the discussion.

Please note no question was asked and no reply needed.

Indeed 

2 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Is that it, your contribution is to simply confirm my post was factually correct with no evidence to back it up and contribute nothing to the discussion.

Please note no question was asked and no reply needed.

That type of reply takes care of over 50% of his posts.

It's his desire for attention, posting in any thread, no matter if he's interested or not. 

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Could get Thomo in a couple of times a week. 

Not sure if Thommo would be a good coach, but someone to just work with the boys and try to boost their confidence would work. Probably already on the radar.

Junior Mendes could do a couple of evening classes!

3 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:
4 hours ago, jaybee said:

Shull and an other C'mere..................... please  😎

What I really need is a coupla aliases!

How about cookie monster and BTW just saw on pie and bovril Wendy used to be captain sensible and Ricky apparently was St Sid?  mewonders???  😎

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
12 minutes ago, jaybee said:

How about cookie monster and BTW just saw on pie and bovril Wendy used to be captain sensible and Ricky apparently was St Sid?  mewonders???  😎

Been mentioned before. :rolleyes:

Well I do beg your pardon, I'm sure you would never repeat something that had been mentioned before!  😏

40 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Not sure if Thommo would be a good coach, but someone to just work with the boys and try to boost their confidence would work. Probably already on the radar.

Junior Mendes could do a couple of evening classes!

Just a stab in the dark here but, Thommo would certainly get to the point.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Well I do beg your pardon, I'm sure you would never repeat something that had been mentioned before!  😏

FFS, get off your high horse, wasn't, in the slightest, meant in the way you seem to have taken it.

Unreal. 

Oddly enough it wasn't intended that way either ........................................ I mean when EVER did you offer ANYTHING in jest?  😎