One week to go till kick off

Sorry for starting a new topic here but I feel it merits it. One week to go and we are possibly the most under prepared team in Scotland for taking on the competition this year. The more we go on the more I worry that maybe we won’t be signing the players we need to at least be competitive. I go every week like many on here home and away but I have absolutely no enthusiasm at this point as we will in our current state be beaten every week. Some players might arrive but he’ll need time to settle and get upto speed so again like last year it looks we will be playing catch up. Quite bored of all this to be fair 

Valid post. Still, I believe it's too early to be entirely despondent. 3,500 season tickets sold despite chaos on the managerial side early in the close season yet again. Difficult 3 opening games. Realistically 1 or 2 points out of those would be good, 2, 3 or 4 excellent. After that we need to be competitive so we may have a little more time. Like you, I wish it wasn't so. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

A week away. 

I cannae wait to no go. 

What a great Saturday I will have. 

Win. Lose or draw, I dinnae fecking give a damn. 

If you really have cured yourself of the affliction why do you still have so much compulsion to overtly, metaphorically shout your indifference to anyone and everyone?

9 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If you really have cured yourself of the affliction why do you still have so much compulsion to overtly, metaphorically shout your indifference to anyone and everyone?

It fecking annoys you and many more my wee stalker. 

A week away. 
I cannae wait to no go. 
What a great Saturday I will have. 
Win. Lose or draw, I dinnae fecking give a damn. 
Only a couple of years ago, you were all over this forum like an excitable thing about going to matches & then you were taking the "wee yin" (i think is how you termed it, implying the wee yin was a young lass)

What changed?

12 minutes ago, shull said:

It fecking annoys you and many more my wee stalker. 

So your idea of stalking is someone asking you a question and replying to your post once or twice in how many months? IDIOTIC STATEMENT.

Edited by stlucifer

4 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Only a couple of years ago, you were all over this forum like an excitable thing about going to matches & then you were taking the "wee yin" (i think is how you termed it, implying the wee yin was a young lass)

What changed?

She stopped going a year ago. I have stopped going now. Would have stopped last season but my Season Ticket was still valid till April. 

Lots and lots of reasons for not going, all well documented on this Forum. 

The wee yin prefers skateparks, trampoline parks, cinema, playing football for her team and going out with her pals. 

Can't really blame her for wanting an exciting Saturday. 

Personally I have hated it for years and glad to be out of it. 

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

So your idea of stalking is someone asking you a question and replying to your post once in how many months? IDIOTIC STATEMENT.

Hi hunky,you can't resist me. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Unlike you? :lol:

Indeed, she pulled a fast yin last season. She waited till she was Mascot at the Livy game in August. Had a great day then she chucked it a few weeks later. 

Wee bisom. Ha ha ha  

Could have saved me 100 quid if she had chucked it earlier. 

Boooo 

21 minutes ago, shull said:

She stopped going a year ago. I have stopped going now. Would have stopped last season but my Season Ticket was still valid till April. 

The wee yin prefers skateparks, trampoline parks, cinema, playing football for her team and going out with her pals. 

Bloody Gus at it again.  😂

41 minutes ago, shull said:

Then why hang around the forum? 

Wee ones do grow up and move on. 

It can be upsetting at the time. 

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Then why hang around the forum? 

Passes the the boring times between hires and it annoys the feck out of many like you and Lucy .. 

Ha ha ha ha ha 

Got that ye tedious trumpet 

IXs6LqT9_400x400.jpg.d35b8980a2bd9fce3997cc6c827a45d9.jpg

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Anyway.... moving yet another thread from the Shull show back to the OP. Has the club looked at the fixtures and thought lets target game 4....... hmmm

I think, even with a full squad, we'd be lucky to get a point from our first three games, though we obviously can't write them off and we might be able to sneak a point somewhere, particularly from Aberdeen if they are distracted by European games. However, the next three are against Livi, County and Accies, the three teams we're likely to be competing against, so really need a full squad by those games. 

The consolation is that I looked at the Livi and Accies teams today. Neither of them looked strong on paper, particularly Accies, and both those clubs are probably close to completing their business. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

Passes the the boring times between hires and it annoys the feck out of many like you and Lucy .. 

Ha ha ha ha ha 

Got that ye tedious trumpet 

IXs6LqT9_400x400.jpg.d35b8980a2bd9fce3997cc6c827a45d9.jpg

Strangely, you don't bother me at all with your posts but do wonder why you bother. Hey that's life 

6 hours ago, shull said:

If you have hated it and glad to be out of it why FFS are you on here spouting your negative comments?

4 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think, even with a full squad, we'd be lucky to get a point from our first three games, though we obviously can't write them off and we might be able to sneak a point somewhere, particularly from Aberdeen if they are distracted by European games. However, the next three are against Livi, County and Accies, the three teams we're likely to be competing against, so really need a full squad by those games. 

The consolation is that I looked at the Livi and Accies teams today. Neither of them looked strong on paper, particularly Accies, and both those clubs are probably close to completing their business. 

I’m not so sure County will be down in the relegation zone with us this season. I think they’ll do well.

However, I think you can add St. Johnstone and Livingston to the list of teams we’ll be battling with. St. Johnstone in particular have had an even worse League Cup than us and that’s saying something. Surely Livi will struggle too having lost arguably all their best players.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2