Link between Non Attendance and Forum Posting

Is there a link between Non Attendance at matches and posting on the forum. 

I don't normally look at the top 5 posters of the week likes table but as I was awake at 4.35am with little else to do, I did. 

"Top 5"

Faraway...Doesnt Atttend

Shull... Doesn't Attend 

Isle of Bute.. Does Attend

DJ chapstick.. Does Attend

St Ricky.... Does Attend

What, if anything, does this say? 

How can those who don't attend be encouraged to return? 

After all, if all of the forum members attended then the 8,000 plus membership would mean we played in front of a packed stadium with a need to expand the ground and little room for away fans who would be limited to only one end or even part of one end. 

Thoughts.?

I don't normally look at the top 5 posters of the week likes table but as I was awake at 4.35am with little else to do, I did. 
"Top 5"
Faraway...Doesnt Atttend
Shull... Doesn't Attend 
St Ricky.... Does Attend
After all, if all of the forum members attended then the 8,000 plus membership would mean we played in front of a packed stadium with a need to expand the ground and little room for away fans who would be limited to only one end or even part of one end. 
Thoughts.?
There are more folk who don't attend matches that post on this forum and since there is you + 2 more who do attend games in the top 5, the answer to your question is no.

As for the 8000 members, take out the aliases & those who have left but not deregistered and what are you left with?

Counting them will take up some time for you and will be more effective than counting sheep if you're trying to get back to sleep [emoji16]

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

"Top 5"

Faraway...Doesnt Atttend

Shull... Doesn't Attend 

St Ricky.... Does Attend

Thoughts.?

Make an appointment with your Doctor, first thing on Monday morning, regarding your major problem.

BTW,  I've only startit non attending this Season after 50 years and the League doesn't start till next week.

Take Jobbee with you on Monday morning.

4 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

There are more folk who don't attend matches that post on this forum and since there is you + 2 more who do attend games in the top 5, the answer to your question is no.

As for the 8000 members, take out the aliases & those who have left but not deregistered and what are you left with?

Counting them will take up some time for you and will be more effective than counting sheep if you're trying to get back to sleep emoji16.png

Aye, interesting figure, suppose there's a fair percentage use the forum only to read, although when you get threads like this no wonder people are not using the forum as much.

This is yet another thread designed to have a go at 2 people, sad but true.

Maybe I'll start a thread, guess the amount of WORTHWHILE forum users/contributors. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, shull said:

Make an appointment with your Doctor, first thing on Monday morning, regarding your major problem.

BTW,  I've only startit non attending this Season after 50 years and the League doesn't start till next week.

Take Jobbee with you on Monday morning.

Shull. 

This is not about you. I know you have attended regularly. Nor is it about Faraway. You have given, your perfectly understandable reasons why you have stopped. You don't need me to tell you or anyone else that that's OK. Of course it is. 

The real question for the club is that if (if) there is a big following out there in social media land then how can they attract people to go to games in greater numbers.  

Costs were reduced for the Bet Fred cup games but crowds remained low so one could argue that it's not cost that keeps people away. By the way, I think you are right to bang on about costs but I do give credit to the club for improvements in making family attendance more affordable. 

So... Why do people who spend time on line on St Mirren related topics not go to games in bigger numbers. 

Clearly some like Cornwall live too far away to make this practical or affordable and he won't be the only one. That is understood. For some, despite living well outside the immediate catchment area they travel and attend. We'll done to them. 

But the question remains.. If 8000 people have joined a site dedicated to Fans of the club then how can more of these be turned into paying customers? 

Everything on here doesn't have to descend into personal or personality differences. 

Ricky, I take some of the points you are making on board however, as you have acknowledged before it is up to the individual how they part with their cash, to my mind it is up to the club to attract and retain support, not through short term gimmicks but by having a product on the pitch that will make people want to attend, I will be making my usual trips up to see Saints but I will seriously think about additional trips being viable in terms of losing half my weekend, being disappointed by the performance and wondering why I bothered. As to the numbers, does anyone know how many active individuals are actually on the forum?

5 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Ricky, I take some of the points you are making on board however, as you have acknowledged before it is up to the individual how they part with their cash, to my mind it is up to the club to attract and retain support, not through short term gimmicks but by having a product on the pitch that will make people want to attend, I will be making my usual trips up to see Saints but I will seriously think about additional trips being viable in terms of losing half my weekend, being disappointed by the performance and wondering why I bothered. As to the numbers, does anyone know how many active individuals are actually on the forum?

Not even close to this 8000, not that matters one bit. 

12 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

I think you make a good point, as do others, on the numbers involved on the forum. Certainly the number of active members looks to be quite small. I guess the forum may, to some extent have been overtaken by Twitter etc. Probably why Div has been contemplating closure. 

People, rightly, have a choice on how they spend their time and cash. Hence its ever more important for businesses such as SMFC to understand its customers - us. 

If winning was the only criteria then an easy solution presents itself - use another brand. Not so easy with a football club. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Shull. 

This is not about you. I know you have attended regularly. Nor is it about Faraway. You have given, your perfectly understandable reasons why you have stopped. You don't need me to tell you or anyone else that that's OK. Of course it is. 

The real question for the club is that if (if) there is a big following out there in social media land then how can they attract people to go to games in greater numbers.  

Costs were reduced for the Bet Fred cup games but crowds remained low so one could argue that it's not cost that keeps people away. By the way, I think you are right to bang on about costs but I do give credit to the club for improvements in making family attendance more affordable. 

So... Why do people who spend time on line on St Mirren related topics not go to games in bigger numbers. 

Clearly some like Cornwall live too far away to make this practical or affordable and he won't be the only one. That is understood. For some, despite living well outside the immediate catchment area they travel and attend. We'll done to them. 

But the question remains.. If 8000 people have joined a site dedicated to Fans of the club then how can more of these be turned into paying customers? 

Everything on here doesn't have to descend into personal or personality differences. 

This proves what a load of attention seeking sh!te you indulge in Walter.

So you start a topic about a top five including two non attenders and three attenders, one of whom seems to be an attention seeking arse, the real reason for him being in the top five, then you discount the non attenders when you are asking about the connection between their stance?

What a load of crap! 

Mods. Delete this thread,......poster

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

So you start a topic about a top five including two non attenders and three attenders, one of whom seems to be an attention seeking arse, the real reason for him being in the top five, then you discount the non attenders them when you are asking about the connection between their stance?

What a load of crap! 

Thank you for your contribution. 

I think you may have misunderstood my point Ricky, winning isn't the only criteria and I take exception to your implication that I should 'choose another brand'. People will attend in numbers (albeit within a finite range) when the product is worth it until then it is based on faith and hope alone.

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

I think you may have misunderstood my point Ricky, winning isn't the only criteria and I take exception to your implication that I should 'choose another brand'. People will attend in numbers (albeit within a finite range) when the product is worth it until then it is based on faith and hope alone.

SS

Forgive me. That was not my intention. The point I was trying to make was the very one you have that winning is not the reason I follow the St Mirren brand. The reasons are wider and I think you are touching on these. Entertainment from a team that puts an emphasis on being combatative and skillful is a good start and certainly attracted me to the club in the Fergie days. Good relations between fans and with the fans also help create a special experience. Others might feel differently. 

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

So you start a topic about a top five including two non attenders and three attenders, one of whom seems to be an attention seeking arse, the real reason for him being in the top five, then you discount the non attenders them when you are asking about the connection between their stance?

What a load of crap! 

Not that it took a Sherlock Holmes type to see this for what it is but you got that 100%.

He's now trying to make it another thread about how St Mirrren can get people to attend, which it wasn't intended. :lol:

Squirm, squirm, wriggle wriggle. 🤡

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

"Top 5"

Faraway...Doesnt Atttend

Shull... Doesn't Attend 

St Ricky.... Does Attend

Thoughts.?

That you have insomnia 

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

You can do better than that. Any serious organisation would want to know why those interested in their brand are no longer buying 

On other threads you have been highlighting the fact that our attendances have sharply risen over the last few years.

Why all of a sudden do you think people are now no longer buying? The season hasn't even started.

The league cup always has terrible attendances at this stage. That's got nothing to do with st mirren, the issue is with the tournament and format.

Could start by taking internet access from them so if they want information about a game and want to talk about it, they sort of have to go to the match.

I'd reduce TV influence, so all matches were played at least when advertised and not changed at the whim of a TV Schedule. That way those who wanted to attend could make arrangements in advance. 3pm on Saturday would be good.

Failing that. I think we're doomed.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

"Top 5"

Faraway...Doesnt Atttend

Shull... Doesn't Attend 

St Ricky.... Does Attend

Thoughts.?

Great to have you back full time and back to your old self Ricky think the boys really missed you  :lol:  

Just now, LargsBud said:

On other threads you have been highlighting the fact that our attendances have sharply risen over the last few years.

Why all of a sudden do you think people are now no longer buying? The season hasn't even started.

The league cup always has terrible attendances at this stage. That's got nothing to do with st mirren, the issue is with the tournament and format.

Valid argument. The format has divided opinions. Personally, I like it. 

Accept that others don't, however it is a tournament that we have a chance of moving into the later stages and earning some additional money from. Now gone. Accepting it is what it is and being prepared for it would financially be of benefit. 

People have bought more season tickets than before. That's a good start. Getting in reinforcements earlier might have encouraged more sales, improved attendances and added revenue by getting through to later rounds. 

The forum thing intrigues me, I must admit. I fully understand that cash, distance, health, caring or work responsibilities prevent people from attending. 

How many members are there on the forum? Are they communicated with as potential or existing customers of the club? 

After all.. We might approach things differently but I guess we are all on here as we wish the best for SMFC.