The Ilkay Durmus Thread

Goodwin says he is an old fashioned winger who can put a good ball in to the box. Would be nice!

Durmus says he watched videos of us last season and it "looked good" and made him "want to come here".

Wonder which club was really on the video? 

Ilkay Durmus goal for RV Wien here 

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x61n316

Then joined Wacker

With Ilkay Durmus Wacker Innsbruck is the first offensive new signing for the upcoming season. The 24-year-old comes on a free transfer from SV Ried and was in the season of the team in the year of the Sky Go Erste Liga. He receives a two-year contract.

Durmus completed in the past season for the Rieder 35 league games, scored eight times and prepared eleven goals. Previously, played the winger in the youth of Hoffenheim, Stuttgart, Genclerbirligi, Antalyaspor (Turkey), the FAC and Austria Lustenau.

"Ilkay Durmus has made a name for himself with consistently good performances in recent years and, due to his effectiveness, was right in the Sky Go Erste Liga team of the year," says Wacker sporting director Alfred Hörtnagl in a press release

"He is an ambitious player who can quickly find his way in a new environment, he can play in all positions on the left side and he will certainly help us with his flexibility and pace in the Bundesliga."

And Durmus himself on the transfer: "Innsbruck is a great city, the Tivoli is a really nice stadium." Christopher (Note Knett) told me about the team only positive., I look forward to the new challenge, with this team in the Bundesliga and I really want to take my chance. "

Edited by athens-saint
New info

20 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Goodwin says he is an old fashioned winger who can put a good ball in to the box. Would be nice!

Durmus says he watched videos of us last season and it "looked good" and made him "want to come here".

Wonder which club was really on the video? 

Wheeeesht Kemp, be a good boy and don't scare him away ............please.  😎

I hope he’s staying clear of social media all together.  

‘We haven’t signed enough players booooo’

‘What? How dare we sign yet another midfielder booooo’ 

because we’re pure drowning in quality midfielders like. :lol:

Edited by bazil85

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

because we’re pure drowning in quality midfielders like. :lol:

I hope he's no here for a good run in the league cup. :lol:

because we’re pure drowning in quality midfielders like. [emoji38]
It's one thing responding to others... But is it really necessary when we have a bit of good news at last to be the antagonist? [emoji850][emoji26]

Guest TPAFKATS

Sorry, had to read that twice........ thought for a second we’d signed Billy fae Belfast [emoji87]
I had to read it twice, then the official St. Mirren twitter account to make sure it wasn't a Yerdas Zelavon signing.

The st mirren supporters page on Facebook really is a special place, full month of moaning about not getting a signing, we get one and some guy is raging cos it’s another midfielder when it is in fact a winger😂😂😂 

best thing about it is his reply 

“And where is it wingers player again?”

Breathtaking stuff 🙈😂

Just now, mattman said:

The st mirren supporters page on Facebook really is a special place, full month of moaning about not getting a signing, we get one and some guy is raging cos it’s another midfielder when it is in fact a winger😂😂😂 

Breathtaking stuff 🙈😂

Someone should reply " he's good in the air" :P

1 minute ago, mattman said:

Breathtaking stuff 🙈😂

I've been in and out of that page like the hokey cokey. Every time I give it another chance, I last about 3 days and have to leave for my own sanity.

Plus, aren't wingers *technically* forwards and not midfielders?