Welcome to the club Sean Mcloughlin

Prague Buddie

I am posting this here because it hasn't been announced by the club, but I have it on good authority that he is incoming on a 6 month loan deal

22 year old CB from Hull City

6ft 3.

Just signed for Hull 5 days ago, but I am told they are sending him to us for a 6 month loan.

Edited by Prague Buddie

23 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

I am posting this here because it hasn't been announced by the club, but I have it on good authority that he is incoming on a 6 month loan deal

22 year old CB from Hull City

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/soccer/--940630.html

Nice pick up

Edited by wabuddy
added comment

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Had a night out there once very, very friendly place need to go back sometime. 

Aru from Cork?

I am aru

Do you ate potatoes?

Bedad, I do

How'd ye ate them?

Skin an' all

Bad for the stomach?

Not at all

Bedad and yer a hard man from Cork!

I learnt this just before I becam the All-Ireland Champion Guinness Drinker in 1967.

Happy Days.  :)

I retired undefeated in 1968, when the local priest in a wee place not far from Cork had the Guinness race stopped.

He claimed... "It's just an excuse for gluttony".

He wasn't far wrong.

Welcome, Sean.

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Talk me through them Sweeper. 

Not sure why you ask - it is plain to see.

Against RC - Gardyne crosses in (McGinn does not mark him well or shut him down) but McLoughlin is running with Fraser but behind him - as Fraser scores he simply holds both hands up in the air - usually a sign "I am guilty for that one"

Against Livi - Lithgow runs in behind McLoughlin and has a free header from 6 yards out almost in line with the front post. McLoughlin jumps but is 3 yards in front and marking no one.    For their 2nd, he is tracking back and is 1st to the ball, near the by-line, in side our box. He tries to shield it but Dykes puts and foot in and takes the ball off him. The ball goes into the box and then back out to the wing. I think it is Erskine on the ball. He waltzes past McLoughlin, who turns his back and makes an easy pass to Dykes who lost McLoughlin a minute earlier...

Also in this game Souda waltzed past him and shot just past the post - it was a sitter, but again CB did not offer any sort of challenge. This is the stuff that Baird is really good at - that adds to my hurt - these are all easily preventable by decent defending . . . 

16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Against RC - Gardyne crosses in (McGinn does not mark him well or shut him down) but McLoughlin is running with Fraser but behind him - as Fraser scores he simply holds both hands up in the air - usually a sign "I am guilty for that one"

Against Livi - Lithgow runs in behind McLoughlin and has a free header from 6 yards out almost in line with the front post. McLoughlin jumps but is 3 yards in front and marking no one.    For their 2nd, he is tracking back and is 1st to the ball, near the by-line, in side our box. He tries to shield it but Dykes puts and foot in and takes the ball off him. The ball goes into the box and then back out to the wing. I think it is Erskine on the ball. He waltzes past McLoughlin, who turns his back and makes an easy pass to Dykes who lost McLoughlin a minute earlier...

Also in this game Souda waltzed past him and shot just past the post - it was a sitter, but again CB did not offer any sort of challenge. This is the stuff that Baird is really good at - that adds to my hurt - these are all easily preventable by decent defending . . . 

Always good to get another view on things Sweeper. Thanks

22 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

McLoughlin goes for the ball alongside Stewart, looking at the highlights (4.30 onwards on BBC highlights). You are probably looking for either Andreu to track the runner or for Waters to cover over.

Just my take on it, but hard to pin the the 2nd RC goal on him. 

55 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You could quite easily pin both goals at Paul McGinn if you wanted, failed to cut out the crosses that led to both County goals.

To pin it on McLoughlin is the easy way out, that is also plain to see........

18 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

You could quite easily pin both goals at Paul McGinn if you wanted, failed to cut out the crosses that led to both County goals.

Because he was too busy covering for McAllister, who never tracks back,so couldn't concentrate on his own game

First thing is to mark the guy you are supposed to, if Kyle is not tracking back then get him told. I’m sure they have watched it back by now. Kyle needs to find some sort of consistency, he’s still a young lad, but we need him every game playing well and not the stuff he served up on Saturday. When he is good he can be terrific for us. Just more often please.

38 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

The other RC gaol is much more Water's fault - Stewart had him in his pocket all game..

But you are correct, goals are usually caused by more than one team player making some sort of error...

I think we can all agree we threw a point away at Dingwall, so damn frustrating, couldn’t bring myself to watch the highlights until this morning......I’ll try and watch Saturdays game on Saints TV as I’m off down South on Thursday for a week.

Here’s  hoping we turn Accies over .

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

McLoughlin goes for the ball alongside Stewart, looking at the highlights (4.30 onwards on BBC highlights). You are probably looking for either Andreu to track the runner or for Waters to cover over.

Just my take on it, but hard to pin the the 2nd RC goal on him. 

It is absolutely fair to look at others as well. I think one of the issues with guys like Andreu, McAllister, Durmus is that they are great going forward but not so great covering back. Trouble is right at the death RC were still giving it their all, and we either switched off or were spent. 

So are our fitness levels right - mental and physical? AND 

We had used all 3 subs - Andreu should have had fresh legs and his mind should have been right up for 24 minutes plus stoppage time - right

3 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

I think we can all agree we threw a point away at Dingwall, so damn frustrating, couldn’t bring myself to watch the highlights until this morning......I’ll try and watch Saturdays game on Saints TV as I’m off down South on Thursday for a week.

Here’s  hoping we turn Accies over .

This next game is a real test for JG and the current players. Lose this one and we are left in the relegation places. But a win would show we were up for a fight with that mob. Passing them would be great. More likely is a drab 0  v  0 draw which is not great for either, though slightly better for them.

I'm optimistic that their will be plenty of hurt going around since the weekend and by tomorrow the focus will be on putting that to bed. IT would not surprise me if we beat them 3 v 1 this weekend ….     C O Y S