Sean McLoughlin CB Joins on 6 month loan from Hull

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Hang on a minute. It says in that article that Gus watched him last season.

I thought Gus had been doing nothing?

I watched the tennis this year but I don't claim to have unearthed Coco Gauth.

Where did it say he even recommended the player to the previous manager? Goodie went on to say he talked to his connections across the sea to find out about the lad. And some say I make assumptions.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Brad Lyons came from the Northern Irish League (if we are ignoring Blackburn). Cork are ROI.

Minus Celtic and Sevco 2012, we haven’t seen a Scottish side reach a European group stage in over a decade. Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers have managed it more recently, and they definitely ain’t got the budgets of Celtic and Sevco.

Don't be letting facts get in the way of him making an arse of himself. Yet again.😂

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Where did it say he even recommended the player to the previous manager? Goodie went on to say he talked to his connections across the sea to find out about the lad. And some say I make assumptions.

Someone posted earlier, that the player was identified by Gus last season. Unfortunately Cork City wanted a fee. Hence the reason why Hull city signed him and we didn't.

Were you employed to scout tennis players? [emoji23]

You reckon that Gus didn’t recommend the player to Goodwin? [emoji1]

4 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We’re you employed to scout tennis players? emoji23.png

You reckon that Gus didn’t recommend the player to Goodwin? emoji1.png

Was Gus watching the lad in an official capacity? Was he there to watch him or did he just see him while scouting someone else?  I don't know. If he was. Was he being paid simply as a scout? I doubt it. Therein lies my concern. The fact that the club are spunking a fair wad on a glorified scout.

Goodwin didn't say he did recommend the boy so, you tell me.

Was Gus watching the lad in an official capacity? Was he there to watch him or did he just see him while scouting someone else?  I don't know. If he was. Was he being paid simply as a scout? I doubt it. Therein lies my concern. The fact that the club are spunking a fair wad on a glorified scout.
Goodwin didn't say he did recommend the boy so, you tell me.

Are you saying that Gus went over to Ireland to watch him for the fun of it?

Are you saying that Gus didn’t recommend him?

You tell me.

8 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Get stuck right in, don't get caught in possession too often, tackle, header and defend  like Maldini and score a few from corners and free kicks in the opposition net...

You after the coaches job,:rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You tell me.

If you can read, and, more importantly, understand. as far as his involvement with the player, I was asking questions. Not making statements. This notwithstanding. Do you think, reading the official statement, his involvement, (if there was any), was anymore than a scout would do? And we have some who do it for next to nothing.

14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You tell me.

If you can read, and, more importantly, understand. as far as his involvement with the player, I was asking questions. Not making statements. This notwithstanding. Do you think, reading the official statement, his involvement, (if there was any), was anymore than a scout would do? And we have some who do it for next to nothing.

Do you think, reading the official statement, his involvement, (if there was any), was anymore than a scout would do? And we have some who do it for next to nothing.

I have no idea what his involvement was beyond watching, the article doesn’t say.

So you tell me.

The article does state that he watched him so your point in brackets in wrong.

Regarding your last sentence, do we really have scouts who travel to Ireland to watch players for next to nothing?

How do these scouts that do the job for next to nothing source players to watch in the first place? And what are their qualifications for recommending first team ready players.

You tell me.

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

Not that any of you arseholes care but the boy did OK toay

Yep, really impressed with McLoughlin today. 

As for the incessantly needless above that epitomises everything that is wrong with B&WA these days - see if he's playing well for us, who gives a f**k if he was recommended by Gus/Goodwin/Alex Rae.

18 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

As for the incessantly needless above that epitomises everything that is wrong with B&WA these days - see if he's playing well for us, who gives a f**k if he was recommended by Gus/Goodwin/Alex Rae.

Certainly not me. I'm delighted the lad's started well. 

My gripe is about whether or not we're wasting a wage. Pure and simple. I believe we are.

23 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Agree. The boy did well. 

Agree also on the naysayers