Welcome Sam Foley

Good luck Sam, stick it to the Hibees!

i suppose guys released from English league two sides etc are the market we are in now. Hopefully he's got something about him.

edit: just re-read Goody's comments above... "he can play on the left, or the right of midfield. But i am playing him in central".... hmmm sound like a plan?

i guess that means Flynn, S McGinn, Magennis or Erhahon will be benched?

Edited by Lord Pityme

2 minutes ago, belfast billy said:

I see a report in daily record saying we’re signing Foley subject to international clearance. Why does need clearance when he was born in St. Albans. I know he played for Republic of Ireland youth team but being English born why the need for clearance

England is another country 

7 minutes ago, belfast billy said:

I see a report in daily record saying we’re signing Foley subject to international clearance. Why does need clearance when he was born in St. Albans. I know he played for Republic of Ireland youth team but being English born why the need for clearance

International clearance usually relates to two things

Clearance from the FA where the player was previously registered and where the player is a citizen from a country from outside of the EU Home Office clearance about work permits and visas

Sam Foley was registered with the English FA so clearance is required from the English FA but will be a formality. He is a UK citizen so no clearance is needed from the Home Office

Edited by Danny

19 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Are you referring to our 2013 LC hero?  If so, I am sure I didn't see you criticising him when we won.

Hello Neddy, you kind of vanished after your last shite post aimed at me. 

Fanny ha ha ha ha ha 

5 minutes ago, belfast billy said:

As far as I have seen, every player signed for Scottish clubs that played outside Scotland last season has this wee tag line. It doesn't greatly mean anything, international clearance isn't like a work permit & wouldn't generally break a deal... Unless you're of the LPM school of thought and think German footballers could get knocked back from working in Scotland. 

Good luck Sam, very healthy competition in the middle of the park now & the wings. Two strikers, a left back & some competition at the back & I'd be happy now. Not too much to ask haha. 

21 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Are you referring to our 2013 LC hero?  If so, I am sure I didn't see you criticising him when we won.

Actually I did. He made an absolute arse of the two Hearts goals. In general, he was horrific. 

30 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Let's hope he is as successful with St Mirren as a previous Sammy.

2013 League Cup final winner !!!

Got an award for shut outs in a run of games in which the defenders were the stars and useless Sammy saved the ball once in about 8 games. 

Play the ball, out of date Wilbur.  

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

I though the first one took a slight deflection that scraped it beyond his reach. Saying he made an arse of it is harsh, IMO. 

A goalkeeper would have saved it. 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Got an award for shut outs in a run of games in which the defenders were the stars and useless Sammy saved the ball once in about 8 games. 

Play the ball, out of date Wilbur.  

That's just not true, he made a number of great saves. We know you hate him but it won't change his rightful place in our HOF as a double cup winning legend. 

6 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I though the first one took a slight deflection that scraped it beyond his reach. Saying he made an arse of it is harsh, IMO. 

No doubt about the second though. I'm still convinced the next time I watch it, he'll save it.

I don't get the whole club legend thing. Club legends don't f**k off when you are bottom of the league fighting relegation.

Thank f**k he did though!

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That's just not true, he made a number of great saves. We know you hate him but it won't change his rightful place in our HOF as a double cup winning legend. 

I don't hate any Saints player. 

He was just a poor goalkeeper. 

I might have disliked one Saints player as a person but not the pish goalie, Sammy.