Welcome Sam Foley

2 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Hopefully to replace S McGinn who is clearly finished...

Utter rubbish, was one of our most important players in the run in last season. If you're judging him on the league cup group stage this summer we have another half dozen+ players that are 'clearly finished' 

55 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Apart from Sammy, that's why you call him a poor goalkeeper when he wasn't. 

Completely wrong. I don't hate Craig Samson. He is a poor goalkeeper though. 

The person who I dislike had great football talent. He is to this day the only Saints player that I have booed. He deserved my boos and my dislike of him.

5 minutes ago, shull said:

Completely wrong. I don't hate Craig Samson. He is a poor goalkeeper though. 

The person who I dislike had great football talent. He is to this day the only Saints player that I have booed. He deserved my boos and my dislike of him.

But it really seems like you hate Sammy... We've had countless poor goalkeepers (I don't count Sammy in that number for the obvious reason he isn't one of them) & I don't see you taking every opportunity to have a sly dig at them. 

As for whoever it is you're dancing around naming, good for you, I have booed many more than one St Mirren player (shock horror) 

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Utter rubbish, was one of our most important players in the run in last season. If you're judging him on the league cup group stage this summer we have another half dozen+ players that are 'clearly finished' 

Ffs, can u no f**k off for 5 minutes ya boring bastard?

Edited by gstretchuk

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

True but someone saying our captain's done when that doesn't seem even remotely true will generally bring out comments. I do work yes. 

Imo McGinn is now a squad player, should not be guaranteed starter every week...usual coming off bench to shore up the middle...far to slow and immobile now...

6 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Imo McGinn is now a squad player, should not be guaranteed starter every week...usual coming off bench to shore up the middle...far to slow and immobile now...

McGinn is asked to play a role that often goes unnoticed. He is far from done

I think that your criticism of McGinn is unjustified most of the time but I think you’re right in that he will see less playing time this season.

I can’t remember a single game last season where he took control of the game as he’d done the previous year and his lack of pace is definitely an issue.

I’m not saying he can’t influence games anymore but maybe Goody doesn’t see his as someone to build his team around?

10 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Fair enough, I think he showed more than enough end of last season to suggest he’s still got it. Different opinions. 

53 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

But it really seems like you hate Sammy... We've had countless poor goalkeepers (I don't count Sammy in that number for the obvious reason he isn't one of them) & I don't see you taking every opportunity to have a sly dig at them. 

As for whoever it is you're dancing around naming, good for you, I have booed many more than one St Mirren player (shock horror) 

Admit your wrong that I don't hate Samson. 

Also, everybody knows David Elliot is deservedly disliked and was deservedly booed by me. He absolutely disgraced the stripes. 

Plus many of our goalies have been poor but I haven't disliked them. 

Gilmour, Scrimmy, Fridge, Chris Smith, Howard and a few more. 

All not good but not hated 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

She's a dick....

heard Ms Davidson being interviewed on the radio and asked if she could work with the leader of the Scottish Lib Dems..?

she replied " i am not a big fan of Willie"... go figure!

Does that include her own. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Admit your wrong that I don't hate Samson. 

Also, everybody knows David Elliot is deservedly disliked and was deservedly booed by me. He absolutely disgraced the stripes. 

Plus many of our goalies have been poor but I haven't disliked them. 

Gilmour, Scrimmy, Fridge, Chris Smith, Howard and a few more. 

All not good but not hated 

No I still think you hate Sammy...

8 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Would the fact that he played for a team at the top of the Championship the previous year while last season he played for a struggling Premiership team be the reason?

Nope, but he could have be part of the reason.  

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Oh wow, what's the chances of me moving to another bit of the thread and you following me to comment on my posts? I for one am amazed. 

Your quest to find some inconsistency continues. It must be clear to anyone with a wee bit of common sense that I was having a go at oor Shull for his relentless attacks on a HOF player that hasn't been at the club for eight months. 

Where will he follow me next?Will his obsession to show hypocrisy in my posts continue to outweigh his views on BAWA? We wait to find out... 

HOF that f**ked off when we were struggling.

Anyway, welcome Sam Foley.

14 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

HOF that f**ked off when we were struggling.

Anyway, welcome Sam Foley.

Would you in his position? Playing career winding down, opportunity for a much longer term career on likely more money? Not ideal at the time but from memory I'm sure he offered to play until January but we let him go earlier.