Jonathan Obika

Rabinho

4 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Ok to appease the happy clappers, Obika what a player, at least a 30 goal a season striker worth millions, maybe in their happy clapping bubble thats what they see....the rest of us who see it as it is and have our own opinion can see Obika no where near up to it...

bit like yersel then? 😎

Agreed that he is unlikely to score in the next week since there is no match, but it is not very sensible to gauge his scoring ability after 3 matches. :rolleyes:
PS. I see that Sweeper's initial post was made on the 9th of August, not the 8th. I can't stand the USA date format in the forum!

@sweeper07 set the target!

I agree, not very sensible

So the next month after I posted is September, but I did not directly mean that.... I did not directly mean 3 games in August either... okay I really mean once he gets settled in... but I wrote what I wrote and like everything else on here people interpret these posts according to whatever slant they want - either to mock someone or to be their pal.
And whether he scores in 3 games in Aug or in 3 or 4 in Sept is not what really matters.
He will score goals plural...I stand by that and  it would be nice if that begins in the next 2 fixtures... but what matters is that we need to beat the likes of RC and the Hammers in most of our 3 or 4 fixtures against them this season.
Watch Obika and Morias once they knock in their 1st goals for us... no one knows when that will be, but it would not surprise me if it is not too far away...  :ninja

Beep, beep, reverse, reverse!

:1eye

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On 8/11/2019 at 11:56 AM, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ Seen this loser over on P&B trying to get involved and getting massively ignored, like here really. 

Harps on, and on, and on about the same drivel post after post, contributing the square root of feck all to the forum.

Sad....................and a wee man into the bargain. :lol:

Mirror, mirror on the wall 

5 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

If he does turn into a 30 goal a season striker worth millions, you are going to look rather foolish. OK, not much chance of that. emoji38.png I suppose, if it does happen, you can always edit out the start and end of your post and claim to be Nostradamus.

If he turns in a 5 goal a year striker ill be amazed!

On 9/1/2019 at 10:19 AM, St.Ricky said:

Hard to argue against this. A common factor would appear to be non attendance at matches. 

Now, it's clear that there are many reasons why people might not be able to attend, including cost. Time/travel distance, caring duties and more. No criticism there. 

What is a little odd is having views on players, team tactics, performance and match day experiences, atmosphere etc when they don't actually see any games. 

My own view, and I may be wrong, is that this leads to them subverting topics with irrelevant posts and attacking other posters rather than putting forward counter arguments. 

If likes mean that much to them then hey, so be it but their self esteem clearly needs whatever boost this gives them. 

A little sad. Particularly when they resort to using emojis as words fail them. 

My own approach is generally to give a like to a well put line of argument, even if I might disagree as well as posts where I share the view expressed. 

By the way, I thought Obika put in a great shift in Saturday. 

FFS give it a rest you're a boring, unidimensional, obsessive, passive aggressive prat.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

FFS give it a rest you're a boring, unidimensional, obsessive, passive aggressive prat.

Oh dear. Got out of bed the wrong way again? Must be difficult, surely, to keep this level of anger and agnst up, Chill. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Who cares.. Other than dimwits who seem to enjoy pointing out others little foibles. Have fun lads. My timer is running to see how quickly there is a retort. Will it be less than 60 seconds or will they take the opposite tack and not reply at all....decisions, decisions. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He's on his usual frenzy of posting, anything to make a post in every thread, although most are irrelevant and add nothing to the thread, sad but amusing. 

You are sad it's true. Predictable. Come when called, like a dog on the leash. Here boy. 

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Who cares.. Other than dimwits who seem to enjoy pointing out others little foibles. Have fun lads. My timer is running to see how quickly there is a retort. Will it be less than 60 seconds or will they take the opposite tack and not reply at all....decisions, decisions. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

You are sad it's true. Predictable. Come when called, like a dog on the leash. Here boy. 

You couldnae make it up. :lol:

On 9/2/2019 at 8:48 AM, aldo_j said:

We got lucky with Thommo, apart from him and maybe Sutton we’ve continually struggled to sign a goal scorer at this level.

We’ll always have to take a punt on players in the hope that they come good. Obika has been ok in my opinion. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt given his injury last season and that he didn’t do pre-season with us. I’m encouraged that he’s getting in the right areas, but should have really taken at least one of his chances at the weekend.

Higdon

On 9/2/2019 at 8:48 AM, aldo_j said:

We got lucky with Thommo, apart from him and maybe Sutton we’ve continually struggled to sign a goal scorer at this level.

We’ll always have to take a punt on players in the hope that they come good. Obika has been ok in my opinion. I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt given his injury last season and that he didn’t do pre-season with us. I’m encouraged that he’s getting in the right areas, but should have really taken at least one of his chances at the weekend.

In what possible way has Obika been ok? He has been fecking dreadful so far....

13 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

In what possible way has Obika been ok? He has been fecking dreadful so far...

You have stated you no longer go to games so what is the basis for your 'dreadful' opinion? He is not fully match fit and has played 4 games against 3 of the top teams. At least give him some time.

54 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Higdon

I never felt Higdon got the credit he deserved. We had been screaming our for a goaldcorer since Sutton left, and Higdon fitted the bill but consistently got shit for being “lazy”. Instead the same fans were quick to praise Dargo because he ran around, but his goal return was less in 3 or 4 seasons than Higdon provided in one season. And that long range strike against Falkirk was f**king outstanding.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I never felt Higdon got the credit he deserved. We had been screaming our for a goaldcorer since Sutton left, and Higdon fitted the bill but consistently got shit for being “lazy”. Instead the same fans were quick to praise Dargo because he ran around, but his goal return was less in 3 or 4 seasons than Higdon provided in one season. And that long range strike against Falkirk was f**king outstanding.

Higdon was a great striker. Oh for a "lazy" striker (or any striker) with his goals return. Didn't appear to be the most mobile or active player around but he was strong, knew how to find space and had a good shot on him. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Higdon was a great striker. Oh for a "lazy" striker (or any striker) with his goals return. Didn't appear to be the most mobile or active player around but he was strong, knew how to find space and had a good shot on him. 

For those old enough just look at Ally McLeod who played for us early 70s and hardly broke sweat but what a goal scorer. McCoist and Boyd at Scumgers were not known for being work horses either. Best example has to be Andy Ritchie at Soaps.

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The “lazy” ones look lazy because instead of running out wide, out of position and getting involved (similar to how Mehmet always got in the action), they only have goals on their mind. As a result they are always in the right position to head home, tap in, or smash home the rebound. The likes of Mehmet would end up with a smaller goals return because they had to create the opportunities, or be the only available option to get the ball forward. The likes of Higdon, Boyd etc can rely on others in the team to do the work and create the chances, then they can just focus on getting the goal. You don’t always need a striker who can run around all day, you just need one who knows how to finish off chances and knows what positions to take up.