Jonathan Obika

Rabinho

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
7 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Any conversation from you weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man primarily consists of ffs and being inundated with emojis, more an utterance than a conversation.  As regards the statement Obika WILL score goals. it is hardly my fault your lack of comprehension doesn't allow you to grasp that it is a fairly ambiguous (look it up) statement, in fact could encompass anytime from now to .................. well; whenever! as long as he is still breathing, he may well score another one.  More than you will in trying to extract the urine from me; weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man. :byebye

Are you really that stupid......................what part of the bit below, ya fcukwit, are you not understanding. :hammer

As for your tedious usual pish, well, sums you up, a one trick pony. :lol:

7 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Obika will get goals (plural) in the next month

Bold & Underline for the forum clown. 🤡

Just who is the clown weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man 😎

You posted exactly what I said and within the text I posted  there is no IN THE NEXT MONTH ..........which of course you inserted to make you look NOT the imbecile which you are., AND just because you don't want to be an imbecile it doesn't mean you are not one and of course the proof of the matter is the repetitive imbecilic text you constantly post and if you want to swear at someone at least try and spell it correctly, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man.  :whistle

15 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Any conversation from you weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man primarily consists of ffs and being inundated with emojis, more an utterance than a conversation.  As regards the statement Obika WILL score goals. it is hardly my fault your lack of comprehension doesn't allow you to grasp that it is a fairly ambiguous (look it up) statement, in fact could encompass anytime from now to .................. well; whenever! as long as he is still breathing, he may well score another one.  More than you will in trying to extract the urine from me; weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee man. :byebye

You have to remember that the Wee man only sees games on TV. From what he posts, under the influence of copious amounts of alcohol. Even posts pictures of his cocktails on the forum. He also bets, many do, but he seems to be a little unhealthily absorbed by the odds. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ Like being savaged by two stupid toothless puppies...........................:lol:

Wee man. You love the attention. 

You need it. You can't do without it. 

All over every thread. Constantly searching to be shown as the latest post. Particularly funny in the General Nonsense thread. Boy, do I have fun yanking your chain in there. Smile, First Word, Last Word, Weather, 3 Things I am going to do tomorrow. 3 I am going to do today erc etc. Run rabbit run. 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^ Like being savaged by two stupid toothless puppies...........................:lol:

Do not mistake civility for being  toothless weeeeeeeeeeeeeee man, just because some people have the ability and the eloquence to take you to task for the garbage you spout without resorting to ffs and emoji overload; do not for one minute forget at the end of the day you are simply a weeeeeeee man who spouts pooooo.

21 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

He has, well maybe not voluntarily. emoji44.png

Yeah I picked up on that after I made the previous post!  :cheers

Sometimes he could be funny - in both senses, but he could also be a total ass - and had to comment on every post and have the last word on everything.

I won't miss him and the forum has a real chance of improving . . . better for the rest of us...

On 10/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, Slartibartfast said:

That's a bit rich coming from the person who thinks it's OK for his imaginary friend to give children cancer and thinks "free will" trumps the protection of children from paedos.

NONE of Faraway's posts were ever as bad as that so I think I'll take your opinion of others with a few truckloads of salt.

Funny how you feel it is OK to impose on me your version of your own accusations.. you are a sick man !  I won't be communicating with you again! 

Your opinions I won't be reading again . . .

Thought he played well enough 2nd half on Saturday and won a fair share of headers and knockdowns. Obviously he still hasn't scored and likewise the other forwards. With the chopping and changing every week when it the forward line, it cant be helping things although I understand why this is happening. 

What we need is a partnership to get amongst the goals and try and forge an understanding with each other. Whether or not this is possible remains to be seen. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Thought he played well enough 2nd half on Saturday and won a fair share of headers and knockdowns. Obviously he still hasn't scored and likewise the other forwards. With the chopping and changing every week when it the forward line, it cant be helping things although I understand why this is happening. 

What we need is a partnership to get amongst the goals and try and forge an understanding with each other. Whether or not this is possible remains to be seen. 

What we need Munoz is a change of tactics,. we cant keep sitting back every game if our midfield and forwards are constantly in our own half. I am sure Jim applied these same tactics with Alloa...

Jack Ross adapted and he needs to as well...……..

We have 2 talented Midfielders in Mcgennis and McAllister  , we have pace in Mullen, but Obika and Junior are slow plodders, great Obika can we headers, but who is upfront with to take advantage...………

Agree this chopping and changing is just making it worse.....

Goody needs to step up- he has a decent squad but one tactic  

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

What we need Munoz is a change of tactics,. we cant keep sitting back every game if our midfield and forwards are constantly in our own half. I am sure Jim applied these same tactics with Alloa...

We have 2 talented Midfielders in Mcgennis and McAllister  , we have pace in Mullen, but Obika and Junior are slow plodders, great Obika can we headers, but who is upfront with to take advantage...………

Can't argue with that. Hopefully he uses the international break wisely and comes back with a plan B.

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You cannot be suggesting that we stick to the same set up when it is clearly not working can you? JG needs to chop and change things. Squad players need to grab their opportunities, and especially when all strikers are failing to score - you get one and you are pretty much guaranteed a 1st 11 jersey in the next match, grab another and the jersey is likely to be yours a lot more often... and no player wants to be on the bench...

Agree that Goodies tactics are in need of some variety though...

18 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

You cannot be suggesting that we stick to the same set up when it is clearly not working can you? JG needs to chop and change things. Squad players need to grab their opportunities, and especially when all strikers are failing to score - you get one and you are pretty much guaranteed a 1st 11 jersey in the next match, grab another and the jersey is likely to be yours a lot more often... and no player wants to be on the bench...

Agree that Goodies tactics are in need of some variety though...

I am suggesting that the set up is wrong, the players are wrong and we need to set up truly to counter.

There is no CF we currently have that merits a start …………… we need pace and players getting up the field...………….. well apart from Celtic away that is:wink:

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am suggesting that the set up is wrong, the players are wrong and we need to set up truly to counter.

There is no CF we currently have that merits a start …………… we need pace and players getting up the field...………….. well apart from Celtic away that is:wink:

From what I read you argued that JG should not be chopping and changing so much - He chops and changes because he is trying to find success and hoping players will grab an opportunity.

Obika is decent in the air - how many crosses has he had placed anywhere that he might be able to attack and score from? How many other headers in the opposition box have we attacked at corners etc? Far too few... other teams get their big players in for these, and although MacLoughlin has been near a few of these, it has not worked out for us yet...

Yes the set up is wrong - this is obvious! We are not really playing as a very counter attacking team... perhaps it is the speed we break at and because we struggle to keep going forwards without too many sideways passes and back the way ones etc....

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Did well at Swindon - not so great everywhere else... so why was it working for him at Swindon - he needs to be asked this? One thing is certain, players were laying on more chances for him there...

Think you answered your own question. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

From what I read you argued that JG should not be chopping and changing so much - He chops and changes because he is trying to find success and hoping players will grab an opportunity.

Obika is decent in the air - how many crosses has he had placed anywhere that he might be able to attack and score from? How many other headers in the opposition box have we attacked at corners etc? Far too few... other teams get their big players in for these, and although MacLoughlin has been near a few of these, it has not worked out for us yet...

Yes the set up is wrong - this is obvious! We are not really playing as a very counter attacking team... perhaps it is the speed we break at and because we struggle to keep going forwards without too many sideways passes and back the way ones etc....

Agreed

So this has to sit with the manager unless the players are not doing what he says, which again sits with the manager

18 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Agreed   So this has to sit with the manager unless the players are not doing what he says, which again sits with the manager

Definitely! I thought JG was one of our players who most often gave his all - and he was tough, ball winning and could create and score some brilliant goals.

I kept quiet mostly when everyone was touting him as this manager who was going to be the best thing ever. However, I did mention that the season before that his team, who were 2 goals up on us capitulated to a 3 v 2 defeat, when we were an absolute shambles that day. I know it is only one game, but other than teetering about the relegation places, he did not have a track record of huge success as a manager - I know that it was at part time Alloa.

That said, he arrived into our regular summer turmoil and has tried to get rid of most of last years players to bring in his own. It does take time to build a team, but when we are making the same errors each week, changing one or two players every couple of weeks is not working either.

It is easy to sit here and be critical - results have been awful apart from against the Dons - without that we would be bottom.

There is no sign that we are growing together as a team yet... He has a very difficult task ahead, and if the Fakes beat us, I am not convinced we will attract great players in January to rescue us yet again. If however, we managed to beat the defensively poor Fakes, it could really help us and give us some breathing space through the following month of very difficult fixtures...

I don't believe our players are rubbish - I just think they need to try different things and get some belief (which is easier said than done) - a good win against the Fakes is likely to be our ONLY decent chance for about a month - so, let's hope - it is better than dreading what might be . . . :turtle

Edited by Sweeper07

On 10/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Definitely! I thought JG was one of our players who most often gave his all - and he was tough, ball winning and could create and score some brilliant goals.

I kept quiet mostly when everyone was touting him as this manager who was going to be the best thing ever. However, I did mention that the season before that his team, who were 2 goals up on us capitulated to a 3 v 2 defeat, when we were an absolute shambles that day. I know it is only one game, but other than teetering about the relegation places, he did not have a track record of huge success as a manager - I know that it was at part time Alloa.

That said, he arrived into our regular summer turmoil and has tried to get rid of most of last years players to bring in his own. It does take time to build a team, but when we are making the same errors each week, changing one or two players every couple of weeks is not working either.

It is easy to sit here and be critical - results have been awful apart from against the Dons - without that we would be bottom.

There is no sign that we are growing together as a team yet... He has a very difficult task ahead, and if the Fakes beat us, I am not convinced we will attract great players in January to rescue us yet again. If however, we managed to beat the defensively poor Fakes, it could really help us and give us some breathing space through the following month of very difficult fixtures...

I don't believe our players are rubbish - I just think they need to try different things and get some belief (which is easier said than done) - a good win against the Fakes is likely to be our ONLY decent chance for about a month - so, let's hope - it is better than dreading what might be . . . :turtle

Seriously, he did as good a job at Alloa as it is possible to do. If ever there was a manager from a lower level club who deserved a chance at a bigger club it was JG. 

We are fine in defence and midfield, we need our strikers to start doing what they were brought to the club to do, otherwise we need to get better in the Jan window. One quality striker would probably be enough. At present we have none !

32 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Seriously, he did as good a job at Alloa as it is possible to do. If ever there was a manager from a lower level club who deserved a chance at a bigger club it was JG. 

We are fine in defence and midfield, we need our strikers to start doing what they were brought to the club to do, otherwise we need to get better in the Jan window. One quality striker would probably be enough. At present we have none !

We are not fine in midfield they also need to be creating for the forward thinking players if there is no service or no creativity from the midfield or front 3 we are not going to score goals. People seem to want to just blame the strikers its midfield to front that need to do more. Stop this sideways and backwards passing have belief and beat your man or at least try. It doesnt matter who we bring in at present they won'tscore without service. We had a whole summer to bring in quality upfront who is going to come to us in January of this so called quality when its common knowledge we are not offering the basics in service or creativity to those that can score