Jonathan Obika

Rabinho

On 10/9/2019 at 10:08 PM, lenziebud said:

Seriously, he did as good a job at Alloa as it is possible to do. If ever there was a manager from a lower level club who deserved a chance at a bigger club it was JG. 

We are fine in defence and midfield, we need our strikers to start doing what they were brought to the club to do, otherwise we need to get better in the Jan window. One quality striker would probably be enough. At present we have none !

I am not saying JR did not do a good job at Alloa or that he did not deserve a chance at a higher level - just that the risk included no experience at this level - perhaps a year with a team nearer the promotion to the Premiership might have been a reasonable step 1st?

Anyway - there is risk no matter who we take on as our manager or player.

I think we have capable players, but formations, tactics etc are not producing good results - and it is a results business. Still early days, but we so badly need a win against the Fakes that the converse could be catastrophic - I know that sounds dramatic - but following that match we have 4 very tough ones - the Fakes could leave us stranded by then.

I don't think they will and I certainly hope not, but we need to hit the net and keep the lead in a far higher percentage of games that we have done so far this season... :turtle

• 2 weeks later...

How thick or needy is he - no way Obika nor I are 12 . . .  Get a life attention seeking moron...

Obika was fab yesterday and our team needs to build upon this result and kick on. 1 point behind the Hammers and 3 behind Livi…

so a win at Killie would do very nicely indeed. :magic

Still frustrated that despite you "going to the school of emoji's" you have not worked it out yet . . .  you are the gift (of stupidity) that keeps on giving     :holiday

and you alias/cousin is equally as ridiculous . . . never forget the obvious stupidity he previously fell for - ho ho ho       🎅

34 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Obika and Morais just don't look like good signings at all so far. Surprising given they have played at a decent level in England. There is nothing about them that suggests to me its going to change. I reckon JG and GP are searching for a striker in Jan big time

And possibly also a centre half and a left back and a goalie. Tough season.

As it stands its irrelevant if we bring a striker in they need service to do what they are paid to do and who is going to want to come to us that is better than what we have  if they come to us on loan they clearly are not  doing it at their own club. To boot if the bottom of the league is still the same you will probably have Hearts Hibs Fake Saints to name but 3 also looking and Ross County always tend to do January business 

1 hour ago, Long John Baldy said:

So, we don't need strikers, we need players who can provide the supply? 

Would definitely help. We had very little width of Saturday with the majority of our half chances coming from long balls up the middle. We need Durmas or McAllister fit and playing well or we'll continue to have no threat on the wings.

55 minutes ago, lugton said:

Maybe the players are fine.

Maybe we need a new Manager..

Think we have tried that tactic ………….. and as demonstrated since 2014- it doesn't work - just destabilises the club

We have a St Mirren man at the helm- we are competing in all games so far- we are work in progress and I would imagine the main feedback in one word would be frustrating …………….  

14 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

So, we don't need strikers, we need players who can provide the supply? 

Wasn't the early season talk our midfield was decent? 

Exactly, we have brought in two strikers from England who are way of the pace. No matter what the midfield provide to them they can't do anything with it. Both of them make no runs in behind or give the midfield options. they are both hopeless one on one when through, constantly caught in possession and don't make life difficult for any center back. Two utterly hopeless signings so far this season.

Midfield are doing their best but EVERY one of our strikers at the moment are no where near good enough. We also don't seem able to bring any strikers through our academy who come close to cutting it either

9 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Exactly, we have brought in two strikers from England who are way of the pace. No matter what the midfield provide to them they can't do anything with it. Both of them make no runs in behind or give the midfield options. they are both hopeless one on one when through, constantly caught in possession and don't make life difficult for any center back. Two utterly hopeless signings so far this season.

Midfield are doing their best but EVERY one of our strikers at the moment are no where near good enough. We also don't seem able to bring any strikers through our academy who come close to cutting it either

How many chances did Obika and Morias miss on Saturday then?

From where I was sitting, it was Mullen and Andreu that blew our best scoring chances.

Also, it was Obika who laid Andreu's chance on a plate for him.

But then again, you think our referees are doing a great job.😂

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

How many chances did Obika and Morias miss on Saturday then?

From where I was sitting, it was Mullen and Andreu that blew our best scoring chances.

Also, it was Obika who laid Andreu's chance on a plate for him.

But then again, you think our referees are doing a great job.😂

Who said that ?. Also I would doubt there has ever been a time when you thought the referees were doing a decent job, not a great job, just a decent job ?

Obika and Morais from what I can see have 1 goal between them this season. We are through the first round of SPL matches. Both were brought to SMFC to be our main strikers and they are a mile short. You can have your opinion about them that they are good enough, mine is that both of them are nowhere near good enough and that Danny Mullen is better option that both. Mullen isn't good enough either.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I work in same industry and team as Bill Gates-  I am sure we have a similar diet ...However there are some differences...………. but not as massive as the difference between our CF and Harry Kane , :lol:

Never mind if he gets a goal that contributes to a point or 3 tonight and I for one will be delighted... :cheers

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Big Jon scored for Morecambe yesterday, may have been his first goal for them after 6 months out with injury. Good luck to the big chap.

Quite a game, Doncaster leading 0-3 at half time, Morecambe winning it 4-3.

Only a rumour. :unsure: