Welcome Jonathan Obika

7 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:

New signing on a Two year deal from Oxford.....Welcome Jonathan !!!

He's a free agent bud. Released last month.

5' 10inches not a prolific scorer at his level, more clubs than tiger woods. Hopefully not a Kpwenka- esque signing.

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

This guy - was freed by Oxford due to persistent injury (hardly played last season) and failed to clinch a deal on trial at Stevenage - surely not ????

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/features/look-at-them-now/look-at-him-now-jonathan-obika-and-tottenham/

It is NOT a panic signing...................we've waited to make sure we get quality. :lol:

This guy - was freed by Oxford due to persistent injury (hardly played last season) and failed to clinch a deal on trial at Stevenage - surely not ????

Only injury of his career , it happens. Also note his many clubs were all loan deals from Spurs. Only 2 clubs after leaving Spurs 5 years ago.

27 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/features/look-at-them-now/look-at-him-now-jonathan-obika-and-tottenham/

Obviously written by a world authority, or perhaps a keyboard seeking attention.

If the lad is to flourish perhaps it's our setup that will give him the opportunity. 

14 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

Im sure JG was driving his van full of "cans of coke" thinking when i get Saints job I'll sign Jonathan Obika and untested centre-back from Hull...I'm sure they were top of the list!

Obika is pretty well known, was highly thought of at Spurs in his early career.

We watched the lad from Hull last season and asked about buying him, but was out our price range.

Whether or not Jim was thinking about them back in May means f**k all. We are/were aware of them. I thought you had worked at St Mirren, surely you’d know that?