Welcome Jonathan Obika

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In Jim Goodwin I trust and so should YOU. Jim is building a squad. I'm sure he will play in Goodwins successful first year. Wait until you have seen any new player before playing the judgemental card. Nice and welcoming lads. 

Nah..don't trust in Goodwin at all...

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What a welcoming bunch and font of all knowledge some of our supporters are. 

Nothing better in their lives obviously. 

Whereas you with your St Mirren wallpaper, duvet and jammies are very cosmopolitan. :lol:

Just had a message about this guy, if he stays fit and gets service he can score goals.

Off to a flyer if available, on Saturday please. 

17 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

This guy - was freed by Oxford due to persistent injury (hardly played last season) and failed to clinch a deal on trial at Stevenage - surely not ????

This...

wee vid from Las Vegas...

...shows he has been working on his injury - looks fixed enough.

...and I've seen other reassuring stuff on Twitter with him running after his rehab.  

We ALL get injuries... :)

Also pleased to see a lad from Edmonton/Enfield playing for the darling Buds!

Edited by antrin

11 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:
13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

In Jim Goodwin I trust and so should YOU. Jim is building a squad. I'm sure he will play in Goodwins successful first year. Wait until you have seen any new player before playing the judgemental card. Nice and welcoming lads. 

Nah..don't trust in Goodwin at all...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  thought you might like a few little mountains.. make you feel better. 😎

Just now, faraway saint said:

Metaphorically speaking. 

Think it's more than a little shoddy that some are dismissing new players out of hand. 

League 1 is a comparatively similar level to where we play and if he can transfer 10 league goals down there to 10 up here, we'll be doing OK. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Think it's more than a little shoddy that some are dismissing new players out of hand. 

League 1 is a comparatively similar level to where we play and if he can transfer 10 league goals down there to 10 up here, we'll be doing OK. 

Could well be, not as shoddy as saying people have nothing better in their lives. :byebye

Jesus...signings get worse...untried centre back, unfit winger, midfielder looks decent, non-scoring injury prone striker...still need left back, another proven centre half and 2 strikers plus another winger..real lack of quality....

Just as well you didn’t buy your season ticket then eh? [emoji4]

I'm not dismissing him out of hand just surprised at his profile after the quotes from Goodwin earlier in the week. I very much doubt we would have to try too hard to get this guy to sign. No recent goalscoring form, coming back from a serious injury, freed by his club and didn't get a deal after a trial at Stevenage. Not what I had in mind. I hope he does well I really do it's just all a bit meh and on the back of the Cooke news and the lack of a mention from those allegedly ITK it seems a tad panicky ahead of Saturday but needs must, we had to get another striker in pronto somehow.

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm not dismissing him out of hand just surprised at his profile after the quotes from Goodwin earlier in the week. I very much doubt we would have to try too hard to get this guy to sign. No recent goalscoring form, coming back from a serious injury, freed by his club and didn't get a deal after a trial at Stevenage. Not what I had in mind. I hope he does well I really do it's just all a bit meh and on the back of the Cooke news and the lack of a mention from those allegedly ITK it seems a tad panicky ahead of Saturday but needs must, we had to get another striker in pronto somehow.

Goodwin has said that he is after 3 new strikers... this is the 1st... let's see what the other two have to offer along with this one...

We needed better than Cooke and Mullen, and now Cooke's season is over...

I’m not dismissing him out of hand just.....

followed by an essay dismissing him out of hand!

What were you hoping for? Lukaku? [emoji3]

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Goodwin has said that he is after 3 new strikers... this is the 1st... let's see what the other two have to offer along with this one...

We needed better than Cooke and Mullen, and now Cooke's season is over...

Who said Cooke's season is over? 

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Extract from article below :-

But with Cooke to miss the majority of the campaign, Goodwin will now turn his attention to the forward line.

He said: "We probably need another three ideally, we're light in the forward areas, there is no getting away from that.

up to 9 months out . . . .

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1439697-st-mirren-eye-striker-move-with-cooke-sidelined-long-term/

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

To be fair, I think with a knee ligament injury with a 6-9 month timescale , you do have to work on the basis that his season is done. Yeah, he could conceivably come back around January of February time all going well but he'd be several weeks getting back to sharpness.