Welcome Jonathan Obika

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:
1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
This guy - was freed by Oxford due to persistent injury (hardly played last season) and failed to clinch a deal on trial at Stevenage - surely not ????

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/features/look-at-them-now/look-at-him-now-jonathan-obika-and-tottenham/

Whoops. Hire more physios

Bollox, LPM.

He is a footballer.  He had AN injury.  He has recovered.

(AnyBuddie would think you were shit-stirring...)

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I’m not dismissing him out of hand just.....

followed by an essay dismissing him out of hand!

What were you hoping for? Lukaku? emoji3.png

Apart from the part where I say I hope he does well (as presumably the vast majority of us do). I'm more than willing to give him a chance I was merely pointing out his recent past. Of course every signing is a gamble and none of us know if he's the next Somner or Brock-Masden.  I'm well aware of the market we operate in, it will be lower league, foreign unknowns or young loanees.  We will see how it pans out soon enough.

3 hours ago, belfast billy said:

I live in Banbury just up the line from Oxford I’ve been a few times last season to the Kassam stadium and I’ve seen this boy 2 or three times and was impressed with him whenever he played

Well said and observed but surely the neg crew who have never seen him know better:rolleyes:

I think we could have a decent player here. Was a Tottenham player for 6 years, yes they put him out on loan a lot but the fact they didn’t release him tells me they thought he had something. He’s played a good amount of games in decent leagues most notably Swindon 94 games and 25 goals. Capped at England U19 and U20. If he stays fit he might just be the man we’re looking for

Edited by Big Yards

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Apart from the part where I say I hope he does well (as presumably the vast majority of us do). I'm more than willing to give him a chance I was merely pointing out his recent past. Of course every signing is a gamble and none of us know if he's the next Somner or Brock-Masden.  I'm well aware of the market we operate in, it will be lower league, foreign unknowns or young loanees.  We will see how it pans out soon enough.

There is no way he's a Somner, we wouldn't get near a player of that quality these days. On the flip side I can't for a second see Jim Goodwin or Gus McP signing a Brock-Masden either !

I think we are slowly heading in the right direction and going to put a lot of egg on the pundits faces.

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Or you as a taxi driver.

There is always room for improvement in my chosen employment 

Always try to find ways to excell. 

I might switch and try and be a Taxi Driver one day. 

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Could potentially be just what we're looking for, if he can reclaim some of his previous form he's had at a decent level (comparably) in England then fantastic. Is this official yet though or has someone jumped the gun? Haven't seen anything posted elsewhere.

Maybe more to come. Maybe.