St. Mirren v Aberdeen 10/8/19

Oldfellow

2 hours ago, shull said:

Jaybee -  Jobbee,  Jobby & Jobbie.

He is all three the piece of abusive excrement.

Ever so sorry Shull baby, Jaybee's the name and fecking Shull is the game. 

I would have replied with something sensible and how you don't really need a comma after "three" to make your sentence grammatically correct, all you have to do is............................ Well! who gives a feck as my mate Shull would say and in any event I would be a pedant mentioning it in the first place, so I shan't.  😎

10 hours ago, stlucifer said:
10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Indeed... In trying to impress, he may perform brilliantly. But, as often happens when one tries too hard, he may not. Overall though a very decent player. 

In the manner of your buddy faraway...…. 🤡

Should that not be far away buddy faraway? 

Pedant about.  😛

11 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

If he plays.
Their gaffer may make an example of him to make sure no players think they are more important than the team or club.
McInnes is strict so might just take action.

Sure I read on the Dons page on P&B that they were short on c/h so I reckon he will play, if he is still there. 

A wee bit of unrest in their camp wont do us any harm for Sunday. 

ok..... let me clarify a couple of things...... first you do not need capitalisation punctuation or sentence construction or paragraphs at all...... none of this is punctuated         nevertheless I am sure you get my point........ If you are merely interested in me conceding that I got a couple of words wrong......... no problem as I am far from perfect   my point however was regarding comprehension or understanding and the intended tone was dismissive and vaguely humorous.............. not abusive............. if you followed my posts you would see that ...............  but like most people and I include myself in this .................... you jump in ................... whenever
I am more than willing to take it back ...................and I do from time to time
and by the way I am not offended or upset by responses in general as it is a forum and people post as they think............... they do not always get it right and neither do I............. the use of jobbee and other bastardisations of jaybee bothers me not a whit...................but I do take offence at being labeled a liar ............ as I have consistently stated ........... unlike several other posters on here I do not use other aliases and I am equally sure sweeper is not amused
Again and not to belabour my point; but conveying one's thoughts, ideas and interpretations of events in a writing format is the concept of a forum, how each poster does that defines them as an individual, my choice is to be vehement when needed, conversational when I find another poster who gravitates to that style and sarcastic when required. Do I get it correct all the time? I very much doubt it and If I get it wrong; I will apologise or correct my post.
Incidentally, should "Now dry yer eyes, sweeper, jobbee" not be; Now dry your eyes, sweeper, jobbee. .................... Just saying. 

If you are going to reply with lengthy posts then it would help if you didn’t miss the point!

1. I haven’t mention capitalisation, punctuation or paragraphs whatsoever

2. As I said previously, if you are going to abuse other buds by questioning their understanding of words then you should at least understand the difference between “to” and “too” or “your” and “you’re”

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. My first point is to see my reply to Wendy, regarding capitalisation; punctuation; etc; save me repeating it here.

Your first point and my second; is regarding comprehension, this is exemplified in the first three paragraphs of my response to Wendy.  There is no punctuation, capitalisation or sentence construction.................... but it is understandable, one can comprehend my points irrespective of the lack of those writing tools, which by the way are simply to separate sentences, elements within them and to clarify meaning. I managed all that with no commas, sentences, paragraphs, semicolons, etc.

I am unsure as to your second point if you consider my posts as nonsense; the easy solution is don't bother reading them

Regarding your third point: I refer you to the first sentence in my post above and if you have a specific point then please make it.

As an aside and not to be a pedant...................... but hey if you are mention proofreading.....................should your last sentence not be Proofread your initial post. as opposed to............... Proof read you initial post?
Hoisted ................petard etc. 
I am making a point again as is my want. It is ever so easy to pick fault regarding anyone's use of the English language, this would of course include my own.

Nobody has mention your grammar!

Again, if you are going to abuse fellow buds by questioning their understanding of words then you should at least understand the difference between “you” and “you’re” or “to” and “too”

Don’t dish it out if you can’t take it back!

19 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Nobody has mentioned your grammar!

Again, if you are going to abuse fellow buds by questioning their understanding of words then you should at least understand the difference between “you” and “you’re” or “to” and “too”

7 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If you are going to reply with lengthy posts then it would help if you didn’t miss the point!

1. I haven’t mention capitalisation, punctuation or paragraphs whatsoever

2. As I said previously, if you are going to abuse other buds by questioning their understanding of words then you should at least understand the difference between “to” and “too” or “your” and “you’re”

I'll be brief and assist your addled brain.  1 and 2 are contradictory.  You state 1. and yet 2. mentions punctuation, because the difference between your and you are (you're) is an apostrophe (punctuation) interspaced betwixt the letters u and r. 

And my counterpoint was and indeed is that it is all unnecessary and yet you belabour it

I was also speaking of understanding the meaning of words  and not their spelling or punctuation

And finally, I already conceded your point re to, too, and  your, you're. So is there a further point or are you just pedanting again and again and again etc

12 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My own 7 years of English classes from High School onwards left with an inability to spell (I finished as I had started) and an "individual" approach to grammar. These have remained with me to this day. Along the way though I was lucky enough to win a few awards for articles written. Communication is a delicate flower. It's not wise to nit pick too closely. Imo

36 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:
2 hours ago, jaybee said:
Lucy, Lucy, Lucy. My first point is to see my reply to Wendy, regarding capitalisation; punctuation; etc; save me repeating it here.

Your first point and my second; is regarding comprehension, this is exemplified in the first three paragraphs of my response to Wendy.  There is no punctuation, capitalisation or sentence construction.................... but it is understandable, one can comprehend my points irrespective of the lack of those writing tools, which by the way are simply to separate sentences, elements within them and to clarify meaning. I managed all that with no commas, sentences, paragraphs, semicolons, etc.

I am unsure as to your second point if you consider my posts as nonsense; the easy solution is don't bother reading them

Regarding your third point: I refer you to the first sentence in my post above and if you have a specific point then please make it.

As an aside and not to be a pedant...................... but hey if you are mention proofreading.....................should your last sentence not be Proofread your initial post. as opposed to............... Proof read you initial post?
Hoisted ................petard etc. 
I am making a point again as is my want. It is ever so easy to pick fault regarding anyone's use of the English language, this would of course include my own.

Nobody has mention your grammar!

My response to this is to please read my response to you earlier as WENDY, you seem to have FORGOTTEN that in this post you are supposed to be Lucy!  tch tch.  :whistle

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

My own 7 years of English classes from High School onwards left with an inability to spell (I finished as I had started) and an "individual" approach to grammar. These have remained with me to this day. Along the way though I was lucky enough to win a few awards for articles written. Communication is a delicate flower. It's not wise to nit pick too closely. Imo

I thought that I had been saying something similar and was at pains to point out to Wendy/Lucy that my referencing of Shull and Gstretch was as much in sarcastic humour as anything else, but Hey, I don't mind the debate (if one could call it that) ............. Barely!"

I too have my own peculiarities with regard to the English language and at times abuse it when it suits my needs, but I was taught that that; is the whole point of language ,,,,,,,,,, how one constructs what one has to say in the most appropriate way possible.

Ps; if anyone thinks my English is bad, you should hear my French, German and god forbid Latin. Diabolicum.  😎

2 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

zzzzzz.....

Aye, these f**king idiots above have run the forum in to the ground.

@div - surely about time something can be done?

Looking to the game, good to see the McKenna transfer request going in. Hopefully means he won't start on Saturday and can maybe prosper from an unsettled defence.

11 minutes ago, Kemp said:
16 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

zzzzzz.....

Aye, these f**king idiots above have run the forum in to the ground.

@div - surely about time something can be done?

So! Let me get this right someone posting zzzzzz as a comment to a conversation of several thousand words (boring to you or not) means that YOU the great forum arbitrator of what is legitimate debate or not,  is telling Div to sort it out.

As Shull is want to say Feck off.

If you don't like it don't read it, just feck off and shut the feck up.

I'll guarantee that gets more than a zzzzzzzzzzz as a response

Least we'll know they are not dead then. :whistle

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Looking to the game, good to see the McKenna transfer request going in. Hopefully means he won't start on Saturday and can maybe prosper from an unsettled defence.

Regarding this portion of the post................. excellent, would love to see him back ..................... in the dressing room............ of some other team preferably.  😎

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren 10/3, Aberdeen 5/6 :o with the draw 5/2.

Oh, decisions. 

Wouldn't touch it. Now that the squad is nearing completion and that we're at home, it's not that straight forward to predict. If I was , I'd probably go for the draw.

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren 10/3, Aberdeen 5/6 :o with the draw 5/2.

Oh, decisions. 

Made my decision. 

I am not fecking going. 

And Kemp is a grassing hypocritical tartan terror abusing cnut. 

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

My own 7 years of English classes from High School onwards left me with an inability to spell (I finished as I had started) and an "individual" approach to grammar. These have remained with me to this day. Along the way though I was lucky enough to win a few awards for written work, so all was not lost.

Communication is a delicate flower. It's not wise to nit pick too closely. Imo