St. Mirren v Aberdeen 10/8/19

Oldfellow

Hladky solid as usual, and did everything necessary.

Thought Gary MacK was the best in the back 4

Folley closely followed by Flynn in the middle of the park.

But all the players contributed well.. 

The 3 subs too... 2nd and 3rd subs could have come on a wee bit earlier - even 5 minutes, but who can complain.

Away now for a cool :guinness

9 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

Waters at left back was brilliant today as well hopefully get him snapped up on pre contract in January.

Imagine he will tell killie to gtf

He’s rated at Killie but can’t get ahead of Taylor. If Taylor is sold, Waters will be back and straight into their first team.

Brilliant result, very, very good performance. 

Playing with purpose and direction, it will never catch on. 

We really needed that today, most of us didn't expect anything from the first 3 games, I know but it's hard to see other teams like Ross County, Hamilton etc picking up early points if we stay on zero.

2 of those 3 down and we're unlucky not to still be unbeaten at this point. 

He’s rated at Killie but can’t get ahead of Taylor. If Taylor is sold, Waters will be back and straight into their first team.

They have an option to recall in January by that time he can sign a pre contract with anyone he has previous relationship with goody at Alloa

They may well recall him in January but can definitely see him signing a pre contract with us unless he does really well and another club comes in with much more money.

21 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

HREE amazingly satisfying points... 1st win against them at home for a long while

Well done every player - tactics great and we deserved the win . . .

Hope we do better than Hibs next game against the mob

The whole team performed; but Mac, Foley and Walters (for me) gave a little extra.  And NO it wasn't because I asked them....... 😎

7 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:
12 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

They have an option to recall in January by that time he can sign a pre contract with anyone he has previous relationship with goody at Alloa

They may well recall him in January but can definitely see him signing a pre contract with us unless he does really well and another club comes in with much more money.

Did he not say in his buddy vision interview that he had 2 years left with Killie?

hope NOT

Edited by jaybee

FT 1-0

Beautiful stuff. Fantastic result and well deserved.

That’s the best top flight performance I’ve seen from St Mirren in over 5 years. We only beat one top six team last year, and that was a shite Hearts team v Adam Hamill.

Goodwin has got us playing to a level already that we never reached last term. He’s built a well balanced squad with some exciting additions, Durmus, McLoughlin and Foley were all superb today.

The league cup knicker wetters in our support have been well and truly proven wrong.

Rode our luck a bit at times second half, Aberdeen had a decent looking penalty shout turned down. Overall we did enough though.

Absolutely delighted, finally got a team and manager to be proud of here... buzzing for the rest of the season.

With the benefit of replays and different camera angles, Flynn (I think) pulled his hand behind his back, not much else he could do.
Obika. Couldn’t get a Rizla between his feet and the ground when he jumps from a standing start.
Nervy finish but I’d take that every week. That’s the type of game we’d have lost last season after going ahead. Well done Saints.

Was so refreshing seeing Flynn and Foley bombing around the middle of the park, making tackles, blocks and passes. Proper central midfield performance from the two of them and surely our first choice starting central midfield pairing from now on.

Hard to see how the captain gets back in if they’re fit.

4 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Obika. Couldn’t get a Rizla between his feet and the ground when he jumps from a standing start.

Imagine a few people on here have had the same experience where Rizlas  have been involved.  Lucky I didn't inhale.  Honest :)