St. Mirren v Aberdeen 10/8/19

Oldfellow

3 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

What was the lineup and formation with it? Couldn't make the game and wondering how Goody is lining the squad up at home against what has been a tough team to play against in the past.

4-4-1-1

Hladky

McGinn MacKenzie McLoughlin Waters

Magennis Flynn Foley Durmus

Andreu

Obika

4-4-1-1

Hladky
McGinn MacKenzie McLoughlin Waters
Magennis Flynn Foley Durmus
                      Andreu
                       Obika
Thanks. Looks like can be worked in a 4-3-3 attacking and 4-4-1-1 when not in possession. Love the sound of Foley. Only Goody can find a player like him as we have missed that. If he can distribute the ball, than that's even better!

2 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

It's going to be hard for any player to break into this team . Stephen McGinn may have to wait for injuries or suspension before getting his place back , when he,s fully fit . He would though have a key role to play coming off the bench in the later stages of games , bringing fresh legs to the midfield . Good times ahead .

True Menstrie. 

Certainly worth the journey from Stirling to watch this team play. 

Very good Aberdeen support there today and over 4,500 Saint's Fans. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Very enjoyable day!

As some others have said, I had almost forgotten what it was like to see Saints attacking effectively with a plan and purpose. 

Goodwin said the goal was the exact type of thing they had been working on in training. Great to hear.

Hope they keep working on the decision making in the final third. We had chances to get that 2nd goal and really should have taken at least one of them. Hopefully the missed opportunities decrease and goals increase as the weeks go on!

f**k Alex Rae and f**k Tom English!

Massive performance there. No failures at all. The business we have done in this window looks absolutely top notch. Once Obika and Durmus are fit they could be great players at this level. Foley is just what that midfield needed and Andreu is a class act. Waters gave a good first impression as well, and Mcloughlin looks a great player, better than Popescu if you ask me.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Checking FlashScores, that occurred in May 2011. We beat them again on the 30th July 2011, second game of the new season with Nigel Hasselbaink scoring on 50 mins.

2 hours ago, Dare said:

Best performance from a Saints side in a long time .......... some statto must know but when is the last time we beat Aberdeen at home ?  Oops just noticed above post 2011

No failures today but special mentions for both centre backs and Tony  Andreu who was my MoM - his touch and work rate were top drawer. You can see the organisation Goody has brought to the team and we now have the players to play that counter attacking game that he is looking for. Our goal was a thing of beauty and I can’t wait to see it again.

This team is worth getting behind and I think we will surprise a few teams this season.

COYS !!!

Apparently that is the first time in 20 league matches against Aberdeen that we have won . . .  :turtle

Hope it is not the last this season . . .  👍