St. Mirren v Aberdeen 10/8/19

Oldfellow

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Scoff all you want, too often players allow conditions to have an adverse effect on what they are willing to try for fear of ball getting caught up, losing possession etc. 

We didn't see that today. 

But then you're very much back into laughing clown mode so crack on. 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Scoff all you want, too often players allow conditions to have an adverse effect on what they are willing to try for fear of ball getting caught up, losing possession etc. 

Ok, let me be more precise, what a load of utter self opinionated drivel.

FEAR of the rain.....................thank feck it wasn't thunder and lightening. :lol:

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Bitter bunch 😂

Looks like they were expecting the St Mirren version that couldn’t beat EK, and didn’t notice that half of our outfield 10 weren’t Saints players at the time of that failure.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Ok, let me be more precise, what a load of utter self opinionated drivel.

FEAR of the rain.....................thank feck it wasn't thunder and lightening. :lol:

some people feaR BABIES?              Particularly ones fae abroaf.    😃

Can't quite remember the last time l enjoyed a home match so much, even in the championship winning season. Did not hear a single derogatory comment against our players throughout game and enthralled by some of our attacking moves and much improved defensive and midfield displays. A week is a long time in politics and in football it would appear. Cannot wait for rest of the season noe

Time now for one or two enthusiastic posters to breathe, pause and get the feet back on the ground imo.

as pleasing as the performance was at Easter Road, and a clean sheet and three points at home yesterday. We need to get tbrough the first quarter to get an accurate idea of where we are at!

Hibs were well off the form they showed last season, hence the drubbing they took against Sevco yesterday, and equally Aberdeen didnt show up till the second half, dominated the game hitting the post and Hladky tipping one over. They had DOUBLE our possession.

next two games will be testing our resilience and ability to win games we are fancied in. A good performance against Sevco and a win at Livi will be good progress, and something to build on. Lose both and we will be no better than this time last season.

the opportunity this season is that a few teams don't look to have settled down, and suffer if one player is out. That will pass iam sure, we need to take full advantage in the meantime. Next time we play the Dons or Hibs it will be a whole different ball game!

savour the results, but keep it real! Theres a long road ahead.

12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

There were three Don's fans waiting for the ferry with me one said should have been a draw. Told him Saints had the most clear cut chances . Boy were they hurting 😎

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Time now for one or two enthusiastic posters to breathe, pause and get the feet back on the ground imo.

as pleasing as the performance was at Easter Road, and a clean sheet and three points at home yesterday. We need to get tbrough the first quarter to get an accurate idea of where we are at!

Hibs were well off the form they showed last season, hence the drubbing they took against Sevco yesterday, and equally Aberdeen didnt show up till the second half, dominated the game hitting the post and Hladky tipping one over. They had DOUBLE our possession.

next two games will be testing our resilience and ability to win games we are fancied in. A good performance against Sevco and a win at Livi will be good progress, and something to build on. Lose both and we will be no better than this time last season.

the opportunity this season is that a few teams don't look to have settled down, and suffer if one player is out. That will pass iam sure, we need to take full advantage in the meantime. Next time we play the Dons or Hibs it will be a whole different ball game!

savour the results, but keep it real! Theres a long road ahead.

Agree that two decent performances don't make a season and that the first quarter is the first real point to get a measure of how good we are.

I think the Rangers game is a free hit - but would be disappointed if we don't get at least a point away at Livy.

Where I disagree is where you say that if we lose both we are no better off than last year; the manner of our win against Aberdeen is totally different from the smash and grab against Dundee - we jammed a win against relegation contenders then whereas yesterday we matched up well against Top 4, let alone Top 6, regulars.

I think the nature of that performance hints at a potential solidity that will leave us hard to beat in most games this season - something the Saints of 12 months ago could only dream of.

But yes - agree that we need to savour these results as and when we get them as there is a long season ahead.

1 hour ago, southsidebud said:

Agree that two decent performances don't make a season and that the first quarter is the first real point to get a measure of how good we are.

I think the Rangers game is a free hit - but would be disappointed if we don't get at least a point away at Livy.

Where I disagree is where you say that if we lose both we are no better off than last year; the manner of our win against Aberdeen is totally different from the smash and grab against Dundee - we jammed a win against relegation contenders then whereas yesterday we matched up well against Top 4, let alone Top 6, regulars.

I think the nature of that performance hints at a potential solidity that will leave us hard to beat in most games this season - something the Saints of 12 months ago could only dream of.

But yes - agree that we need to savour these results as and when we get them as there is a long season ahead.

Time will tell, if you classify the dundee game last season as a 'smash & grab'... then how do you classify having HALF the possession Aberdeen had yesterday? I hope we are/become hard to beat in most games, but we will only know that when we play those games!

it would put alot of undue pressure on Goody and the team if we were to now expect them to beat everyone from Aberdeen down in the league table. There will be crushing lows as well as hopefully many highs? We just need to be realistic in our expectations, and keep things ticking along on an even a keel as possible. That will build stability, solidity and results.

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Time will tell, if you classify the dundee game last season as a 'smash & grab'... then how do you classify having HALF the possession Aberdeen had yesterday? I hope we are/become hard to beat in most games, but we will only know that when we play those games!

it would put alot of undue pressure on Goody and the team if we were to now expect them to beat everyone from Aberdeen down in the league table. There will be crushing lows as well as hopefully many highs? We just need to be realistic in our expectations, and keep things ticking along on an even a keel as possible. That will build stability, solidity and results.

You don't get points for pressure.