St. Mirren v Aberdeen 10/8/19

Oldfellow

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but Goody’s decision to give Magennis the armband rather than Paul McGinn is a master stroke. McGinns a leader regardless but giving Magennis the captaincy means he knows himself that his standards can’t slip and he needs to maintain the level that we know he’s capable of. Right wing, left wing and central mid yesterday. Outstanding performance from him yesterday. Expecting a big season from him now.
Except the pass when 3 on 1.

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If you're going on ifs, buts and maybes, you should count the number of clear cut opportunities we had to put the game to bed before Aberdeen had any chances. 

You see the flaw in that point you, and others make is that it undermines your position if you say "we could have scored three" because obviously we didnt! We missed the target!

Durmus headed over ftom six yards, McCallister fired over and wide from Distance, Andreu took his eye off the ball and it bounced off his shoulder. Durmus had his overhead kick, but it didnt trouble the keeper. Just like the ones Aberdeem missed.

what i find amusing is people desperately unhappy by in this case me, or A.N. Other pointing out what happened in the game. We won, well earned win, three points and a clean sheet. But we lost last week, and there is another thirty odd games to go. All i suggested was dont feel its a crisis if we lose, or suggest we are invincible if we win one! 

51 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

Don’t think it’s been mentioned but Goody’s decision to give Magennis the armband rather than Paul McGinn is a master stroke. McGinns a leader regardless but giving Magennis the captaincy means he knows himself that his standards can’t slip and he needs to maintain the level that we know he’s capable of. Right wing, left wing and central mid yesterday. Outstanding performance from him yesterday. Expecting a big season from him now.

I criticised Magennis, amongst others, for very poor performances in the League cup.

He was excellent yesterday. Long may it last.😊

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

You see the flaw in that point you, and others make is that it undermines your position if you say "we could have scored three" because obviously we didnt! We missed the target!

Durmus headed over ftom six yards, McCallister fired over and wide from Distance, Andreu took his eye off the ball and it bounced off his shoulder. Durmus had his overhead kick, but it didnt trouble the keeper. Just like the ones Aberdeem missed.

what i find amusing is people desperately unhappy by in this case me, or A.N. Other pointing out what happened in the game. We won, well earned win, three points and a clean sheet. But we lost last week, and there is another thirty odd games to go. All i suggested was dont feel its a crisis if we lose, or suggest we are invincible if we win one! 

Eh? Do you actually read your own posts? You were suggesting Saints were lucky because Aberdeen didn't put chances away. You were suggesting we were lucky because they weren't awarded a penalty while forgetting the were lucky we weren't awarded one. I was simply balancing your negative slant.

They had DOUBLE our possession.

Leicester City won the Premiership with less than 50% possession in nearly every game.

It’s not who has possession that matters, it’s where the ball is that matters.

And we had the ball in their net while they didn’t in ours!

Their tactic of passing the ball along their defence may have got their possession % up but it didn’t get them any goals!

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Eh? Do you actually read your own posts? You were suggesting Saints were lucky because Aberdeen didn't put chances away. You were suggesting we were lucky because they weren't awarded a penalty while forgetting the were lucky we weren't awarded one. I was simply balancing your negative slant.

That makes no sense to me?

we scored early, missed a couple of sitters, half worked their keeper once. They missed a couple of sitters, and should have had a penalty. We were better, more organised, patient and productive. But if you insist.. well hell it was a ONE NIL battering!

3 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Leicester City won the Premiership with less than 50% possession in nearly every game.

Their tactic of passing the ball along their defence may have got their possession % up but it didn’t get them any goals!

Oh f**k thats the best laugh yet..!

we've played two games, lost one by a goal, won one by a goal and now we are capable of emulating Leicester city's EPL title win..! So, so funny bud, keep em coming!

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Never heard this before. :1eye

:lol:
You are absolutely seething that you have nothing to moan about this week.
Are you so tactically clueless that you think Aberdeen having more possession matters in the slightest?
Cheer up and enjoy the win ffs.

Says the guy with a thread moaning about the DoF failing! [emoji23][emoji23]

Stop attacking Saints fans and enjoy the win ffs

49 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Says the guy with a thread moaning about the DoF failing! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

You can question the DoF's worth in as much as WHEN we assembled a squad and who found those players while still being openly delighted with our team's performance. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

Let's ALL enjoy the win. Including the DoF. (It's not like he's doing much else)! 😂

Edited by stlucifer

7 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Time now for one or two enthusiastic posters to breathe, pause and get the feet back on the ground imo.

as pleasing as the performance was at Easter Road, and a clean sheet and three points at home yesterday. We need to get tbrough the first quarter to get an accurate idea of where we are at!

Hibs were well off the form they showed last season, hence the drubbing they took against Sevco yesterday, and equally Aberdeen didnt show up till the second half, dominated the game hitting the post and Hladky tipping one over. They had DOUBLE our possession.

next two games will be testing our resilience and ability to win games we are fancied in. A good performance against Sevco and a win at Livi will be good progress, and something to build on. Lose both and we will be no better than this time last season.

the opportunity this season is that a few teams don't look to have settled down, and suffer if one player is out. That will pass iam sure, we need to take full advantage in the meantime. Next time we play the Dons or Hibs it will be a whole different ball game!

savour the results, but keep it real! Theres a long road ahead.

FFS. Just try and enjoy the journey. You never know, you might find it quite good fun.

Another one who feels the need to mansplain how to follow a professional football team (the bits in bold). :D

41 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Says the guy with a thread moaning about the DoF failing! emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Kemp only enjoys reruns of fecking Bannockburn. 

Tartan Trumpet Terror. 

15 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The tip over the bar was going a clear yard over & Aberdeen hitting the post... well was them hitting the post. Absolute brazen double standards regarding your need for the negative. 

How is the flaw in his logic any different to the flaw in “Aberdeen didnt show up till the second half, dominated the game hitting the post and Hladky tipping one over” 

they dominated the game without forcing any real effort from the keeper. 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The tip over the bar was going a clear yard over & Aberdeen hitting the post... well was them hitting the post. Absolute brazen double standards regarding your need for the negative. 

How is the flaw in his logic any different to the flaw in “Aberdeen didnt show up till the second half, dominated the game hitting the post and Hladky tipping one over” 

they dominated the game without forcing any real effort from the keeper. 

I seem to remember a certain team winning the English Prem with 38% possession.... goals dominate....end of

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I seem to remember a certain team winning the English Prem with 38% possession.... goals dominate....end of

What LPM fails to understand is the technique we used to win that match worked a treat. We were up against a stronger team, players rested or not. Goody set us up in a way they didn’t really threaten despite their possession & we created by far the better & more numerous chances. 

His outlook refuses to allow him to be positive, very sad.  

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

What LPM fails to understand is the technique we used to win that match worked a treat. We were up against a stronger team, players rested or not. Goody set us up in a way they didn’t really threaten despite their possession & we created by far the better & more numerous chances. 

We just have some visitors on here that clearly arent fans of the club. Just bored twats.. i suppose every site has them we are hardly blessed to have so many....even if 4 of them are the same person.. all part of the entertainment i guess.. 

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We just have some visitors on here that clearly arent fans of the club. Just bored twats.. i suppose every site has them we are hardly blessed to have so many....even if 4 of them are the same person.. all part of the entertainment i guess.. 

Every Site has them.

And every Village has one of you.

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I read LPM’s posts as an admonition tae be ca’ canny!

the rollercoaster ride - that is always St Mirren - usetae have me thinking, ALL WILL NOW BE FINE, just cos...say...  we’d beaten Stenhousemuir 1-0...   can also go down as well as up.

Fate predictably has slammed doors in that wee optimistic face I once wore, more times than I care to recall.  And I’ve seen several posts on here being mindlessly... fanatically...exuberant in a similar fashion to how I once was.

it was a good display at Easter Road and Sunday was satisfying, but... calm down, calm down...

when I watched the early season carnage against Dunf, I was able to realise it wasn’t the end of the world and now I am similarly sure we’re not on the brink of nirvana.

it is just St Mirren.  Life is ok.  Live for the moments, good and sometimes not.  :)

Edited by antrin

17 minutes ago, antrin said:

I read LPM’s posts as an admonition tae be ca’ canny!

the rollercoaster ride that is always St Mirren usetae have me thinking - ALL WIILL NOW BE FINE, just cos...say...  we’d beaten Stenhousemuir 1-0 - can also go down as well as up.

Fate predictably has slammed doors in that wee optimistic face I once wore, more times than I care to recall.  And I’ve seen several posts on here being mindlessly... fanatically...exuberant in a similar fashion to how I once was.

it was a good display at Easter Road and Sunday was satisfying, but... calm down, calm down...

when I watched the early season carnage against Dunf, I was able to realise it wasn’t the end of the world and now I am similarly sure we’re not on the brink of nirvana.

it is just St Mirren.  Life is ok.  Live for the moments, good and sometimes not.  :)

Being a SMFC fan is certainly a rollercoaster. We ride the lows so we’re allowed to ride the highs. Some fans mindset doesn’t allow them to enjoy the highs. LPM, BEK, BTB, the infamous Dicko to name but a few. 

Edited by bazil85

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

FFS. Just try and enjoy the journey. You never know, you might find it quite good fun.

Another one who feels the need to mansplain how to follow a professional football team (the bits in bold). :D

And this is you NOT explaining how to follow a football team?  You berate someone who exercises some caution And counsels people to enjoy the good bits and then trot out your word of the month. 

Bizarre wee man that you are!