St. Mirren v Aberdeen 10/8/19

Oldfellow

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

What LPM fails to understand is the technique we used to win that match worked a treat. We were up against a stronger team, players rested or not. Goody set us up in a way they didn’t really threaten despite their possession & we created by far the better & more numerous chances. 

His outlook refuses to allow him to be positive, very sad.  

Conceding that amount of territory and possession to the opposition won't work with every team in this league so let's just see what we have to deal with better resourced teams who are on their game and fully manned up as well assimilarly resourced teams who will adopt a different set of tactics.  Very few teams dealt with Livi or Hamilton last year and we are in for a bump or two when we play them.  What is negative about alluding to that whilst accepting the wee gifts as they come along.

You got it bad, wee fella. Mucho baaad!

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Conceding that amount of territory and possession to the opposition won't work with every team in this league so let's just see what we have to deal with better resourced teams who are on their game and fully manned up as well assimilarly resourced teams who will adopt a different set of tactics.  Very few teams dealt with Livi or Hamilton last year and we are in for a bump or two when we play them.  What is negative about alluding to that whilst accepting the wee gifts as they come along.

You got it bad, wee fella. Mucho baaad!

Nor would I expect the same tactics with every team in the league. Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen & the bigots, probably but not the rest. Worked against Aberdeen & minutes away from working against Hibs. Two teams that can offer players several times the salary we can. Not only did we win on Sunday we created by far the most chances, let’s not forget that yet he comments on two off target shots from Hibs.   

My point is these people can’t accept any positives about the club. Sunday isn’t an anomaly. I’d have bet my house on LPM posting a negative outlook on the situation because it’s all he does. 

So... why did the tactic to let the other team dominate fail at Hibs, a lesser resourced team than Aberdeen?

truth is with two decent performances, and one win it just typifies how topsy turvy most teams in this league are just now. Sevco slaughtered Hibs, but struggled against Killie? Apart from the old bigots last season's top six have got off to a stinker!

we'll know where we are at after the first 11 games. Progress will be anywhere off the bottom two on points!

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Nor would I expect the same tactics with every team in the league. Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen & the bigots, probably but not the rest. Worked against Aberdeen & minutes away from working against Hibs. Two teams that can offer players several times the salary we can. Not only did we win on Sunday we created by far the most chances, let’s not forget that yet he comments on two off target shots from Hibs.   

My point is these people can’t accept any positives about the club. Sunday isn’t an anomaly. I’d have bet my house on LPM posting a negative outlook on the situation because it’s all he does. 

But he did accept the positives

you just can’t accept that he accepts them 

A number of posters have hit this particular nail on the head in a Rudyard Kipling kind of way as they seek to enjoy the success but not get too carried away by it. Some seem a little concerned on how we might handle the inevitable setbacks throughout the season. The key, as Kipling suggests, is not to get too despondent then. A middle course enables us to enjoy the good moments and handle the bad. I'm OK with that but understand that some people prefer the extremes.  

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So... why did the tactic to let the other team dominate fail at Hibs, a lesser resourced team than Aberdeen?

truth is with two decent performances, and one win it just typifies how topsy turvy most teams in this league are just now. Sevco slaughtered Hibs, but struggled against Killie? Apart from the old bigots last season's top six have got off to a stinker!

we'll know where we are at after the first 11 games. Progress will be anywhere off the bottom two on points!

Because there isn't any guaranteed method to beat teams that are massively better resourced than us ffs. The manager puts a team together to do the job to the best of their ability but it won't always work. If Goody knew how to combat that he'd be managing at Barca or Real in a few seasons. 

No one is running away saying this will be a guaranteed storming season but people are allowed to be positive about the turnaround since the league cup campaign. We know you're incapable of understanding that though. 

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

But he did accept the positives

you just can’t accept that he accepts them 

He immediately caveated any glimmer of positivity with a negative, one of his signature moves., In this case the two off target Aberdeen shots were more of a concern to us than the easily half a dozen as good as/ better chances we had to kill the game. 

36 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

He immediately caveated any glimmer of positivity with a negative, one of his signature moves., In this case the two off target Aberdeen shots were more of a concern to us than the easily half a dozen as good as/ better chances we had to kill the game. 

Naaah.

I think you're reading too much into what is a meagre few words slapped into the interweb.  These are posts not precise prose.

(Ive edited my above post four times now.  First for a spelling error, again cos there was a clumsy sentence, that I amended for clarity, again cos that wisnae any better, then again cos it was still shite, imho.  And it still is.  My feeling about it now is, "f**kit, let it go..."  :)   )

Edited by antrin
edit to say I really liked 'caveated'. inventive! :)

9 minutes ago, antrin said:

Naaah.

I think you're reading too much into what is a meagre few words slapped into the interweb.  These are posts not precise prose.

(Ive edited my above post four times now.  First for a spelling error, again cos there was a clumsy sentence, that I amended for clarity, again cos that wisnae any better, then again cos it was still shite, imho.  And it still is.  My feeling about it now is, "f**kit, let it go..."  :)   )

It's okay, I think I get it. If it was a one off instance then fine but it is every single subject with him. Seems he craves negativity above all else and when something positive does happen, he can't stand it. 

Was watching the highlights on Buddie vision with no commentary.  The language coming from the same voice is utterly embarrassing every kind of swear word is used every two to three words at the top of his voice. If I was sitting near this guy I would have no hesitation having a word in his ear. Glad I'm in the main stand. 

On 8/12/2019 at 12:42 PM, southsidebud said:

Aberdeen didn't seem to make much with their possession - apart from toward the end of the game when they were pushing forward for the equaliser. I think we were far more effective with our possession and created the better chances. For all their possession they spent a lot of their time pushing the ball about ineffectively. We look solid and composed for the the most part. We do need to sharpen up when we create these chances though - we could have been out of sight by half time and Aberdeen could not have complained.

Anyway - we agree that we need to wait and see and that nothing has been proved - I'm just more optimistic that what we have now is significantly better than what we had this time last year.

And WHY NOT BE MORE OPTIMISTIC - Compare the two squads right now . . .   it's a no brainer and Goodie still has a couple to bring in... :magic

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

And this is you NOT explaining how to follow a football team?  You berate someone who exercises some caution And counsels people to enjoy the good bits and then trot out your word of the month. 

Bizarre wee man that you are!

Bite me.

I can even do it in French - Bitez Moi.

You are free to choose either.

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thought that was obvious. Even St.Ricky could tell you that.  One is at home and one was away. :whistle

Being a SMFC fan is certainly a rollercoaster. We ride the lows so we’re allowed to ride the highs. Some fans mindset doesn’t allow them to enjoy the highs. LPM, BEK, BTB, the infamous Dicko to name but a few. 
How dare you cunto?

I am a very positive Saints fan who can find enough comfort in the lows and enjoy the highs.

The league cup win was one of the most enjoyable nights of my life.

You wouldn't have enjoyed it as you are happy to write it off right enough.

Me wanting better for and from Saints and being negative towards your sychophantic baseless repetitive shite says more about you than me.

That you chose to mention me in a negative context for no reason at all and without provocation again says more about you than me.

Stalker!

Missing me?

In summary...

You truly are an arse!
COYS!

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

How dare you cunto?

I am a very positive Saints fan who can find enough comfort in the lows and enjoy the highs.

The league cup win was one of the most enjoyable nights of my life.

You wouldn't have enjoyed it as you are happy to write it off right enough.

Me wanting better for and from Saints and being negative towards your sychophantic baseless repetitive shite says more about you than me.

That you chose to mention me in a negative context for no reason at all and without provocation again says more about you than me.

Stalker!

Missing me?

In summary...

You truly are an arse!
COYS!

You’re very negative, you’ve proven that on dozens of threads. 

I didn’t write off the league cup, yet again what players in our team at that point weren’t good enough to beat Lowland league opposition. 

Stalker from the guy that’s just picked me out on three threads  :lol:

You’re very negative, you’ve proven that on dozens of threads. 
I didn’t write off the league cup, yet again what players in our team at that point weren’t good enough to beat Lowland league opposition. 
Stalker from the guy that’s just picked me out on three threads  [emoji38]
Proven?
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You are a narcissistic twat.
A compulsive attention seeking liar.
A twat.

Go away and please ignore me!
Seriously!
Put me on ignore. Don't respond to me. Don't mention me!

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Proven?
emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You are a narcissistic twat.
A compulsive attention seeking liar.
A twat.

Go away and please ignore me!
Seriously!
Put me on ignore. Don't respond to me. Don't mention me!

Show me where I have lied? Still can’t after all this time. :rolleyes:

no I won’t put you on ignore but feel free not to search me out on posts.