The Family Stand - Open Letter to the Board

3 hours ago, sally02 said:

Start of the second half against Aberdeen, simple question. Stand up if you oppose the giving of the family stand to the old firm, sit down if you don't! That should let us know. I'll add it to the letter and send it to the board direct if you think I will get a response?

How about those wee ask the audience buttons they have on "Do You Want to be a Millionaire".

Surely the audience always knows best.

35 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

They have, reading GLS statement on the decision to continue it this season I think it’s clear enough. 

Ok I will play your game..... show me where it says we need to fill the empty seats before the decision will be reversed ...... 

If you want to save yourself sometime just say they haven’t. 

1 hour ago, linwood buddie said:

What if we have the same situation as what happened at Rugby Park ,their fans jump the barriers and are then in very close proximity to our fans?

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1/. Then their fans & the team should be heavily punished.

2/. That could happen with two stands, one stand, half a stand the whole stadium. 

3/. People also forget the additional risk of their fans buying home tickets. I remember several occasions of fans o both Celtic & Rangers being chucked out home ends. Security risks are all part of football unfortunately 

Come on Bazil, your'e having a laugh!

1/. Who's going to do that to them - the naughty Police?

2/. You know full well that fans running out from both end stands is going to create a situation where the stewarding/policing becomes many times worse when the mob decide to say hello to  their mates in the middle of the park!

3/. Fans buying home end tickets should be able to be monitored and controlled.

32 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Ok I will play your game..... show me where it says we need to fill the empty seats before the decision will be reversed ...... 

If you want to save yourself sometime just say they haven’t. 

“Until such time as home ticket sales or better still season ticket sales dictate otherwise, we plan to continue with the arrangement we have had this season.”

Gordon Scott’s chairman update April 2019 

21 minutes ago, sally02 said:

Come on Bazil, your'e having a laugh!

1/. Who's going to do that to them - the naughty Police?

didn’t say they will get punished, I’m saying that’s what should happen. I’d be having point deductions/ closed door home games introduced  

2/. You know full well that fans running out from both end stands is going to create a situation where the stewarding/policing becomes many times worse when the mob decide to say hello to  their mates in the middle of the park!

Hardly going to be close to as bad as it could be at Ibrox or Celtic Park with roughly 15X the fan numbers at every side of the pitch. By this argument they shouldn’t be allowed in multiple sides of their own stadium 

3/. Fans buying home end tickets should be able to be monitored and controlled.

As should fans causing any kind of trouble in an ideal world. See point one on the punishments I would like to see. There’s still an argument that a rowdy number of away fans in home ends can cause trouble. One of my earliest memories of a game was witnessing a fight between rangers fans in the terracing & our supporters 

As I’ve said before, this is all old ground. It boils down to two points for me 

1. It’s not going to change while we have empty seats and this BoD

2. People can have this opinion but they don’t speak for all fans & they won’t change some fans view that the financial benefit outweighs a few people being moved seat for 3/4 games 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

“Until such time as home ticket sales or better still season ticket sales dictate otherwise, we plan to continue with the arrangement we have had this season.”

Gordon Scott’s chairman update April 2019 

Yep......... not what you said. 

Thanks for playing. 

4 hours ago, sally02 said:

Firstly Bazil, I was just starting this as a new Thread based on the contents of the letter, to get a fresh response, to enable me to consider whether it would be worthwhile mailing it to the Board!

Bazil, you know perfectly well that was down to the Jack Ross/Winning the Championship/ Were in the Premier league euphoria!

And a lot of the increase is due to the good work of Josh and the boys in W7, and not any specific club initiatives.

Ok I acknowledge that just under 5000 in that stand for the 3 games last season increased crowds/revenue over the season, but if you divide it by 19 games its 263 per game, and way more than 263 don't attend those old firm games- fact!

If you are close to the nerve centre, would it be considered if we asked the board for a simple match day vote on the supporters feelings? Start of the second half against Aberdeen, simple question. Stand up if you oppose the giving of the family stand to the old firm, sit down if you don't! That should let us know. I'll add it to the letter and send it to the board direct if you think I will get a response?

A couple of suggestions to aide getting the point across if i may?

1. Do it at the actual sevco game, its on the telly and if you email them in advance you could get a mention and wider notice.

2. Make it a minutes applause & cheering standing up. People like to make positive protests.

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

A couple of suggestions to aide getting the point across if i may?

1. Do it at the actual sevco game, its on the telly and if you email them in advance you could get a mention and wider notice.

2. Make it a minutes applause & cheering standing up. People like to make positive protests.

Still wouldn’t work in knowing if there were a majority of saints fans for or against this. Secret vote for fans that might not be comfortable admitting they are in favour of the current arrangement. 

15 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Were fan owned now... get them to F%%k  

We are far from being fan owned and nothing SMISA has said so far indicates we ever shall be, There are no contingency plans for what happens after btb is complete and there will be no SMISA contributions to fund the club either. Every penny raised goes to buying shares or community projects which usually don't provide any capital or financial gain for the club.

SMISA are not the messiah. In their present form they are far from it. If some sort of after take over plan is not made we may well be selling all three stands to the O/F or anyone who wants them for that matter because cash will be a big issue then.

Edited by East Lothian Saint

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

We are far from being fan owned and nothing SMISA has said so far indicates we ever shall be, There are no contingency plans for what happens after btb is complete and there will be no SMISA contributions to fund the club either. Every penny raised goes to buying shares or community projects which usually don't provide any capital or financial gain for the club.

SMISA are not the messiah. In their present form they are far from it. If some sort of after take over plan is not made we may well be selling all three stands to the O/F or anyone who wants them for that matter because cash will be a big issue then.

Hopefully by then, they'll be away playing in a league on their own. 

17 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I’m sure given the choice some fans would likely do a lot different from the current board. Same goes for practically any board & any football fanbase in the world. They’ve made a call that some might find unpopular for what they’ll see as the good of our club season on season. 

Personally I’d like to see the vote because I think it has the potential to show this subject isn’t one the majority of fans want changed/ care about. Same as we’ve seen time & time again with club benefits in SMISA votes for example. 

Two additional points I hope fans would take into consideration though in the event of a no. 

1. It’s not within SMISA control (yet) so don’t shoot the messenger 

2. Seven years isn’t all that long a time in our football clubs history. 

On Point two above 7 years is a long time, if a kid using the family stand is 9 10 or 11 and their family stop taking them over this, what chance is there of them returning at 16 17 0r 18 or bringing their children in the future?  This decision is short term and short sighted.

7 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

On Point two above 7 years is a long time, if a kid using the family stand is 9 10 or 11 and their family stop taking them over this, what chance is there of them returning at 16 17 0r 18 or bringing their children in the future?  This decision is short term and short sighted.

We’re not seeing evidence of this though, young supporters seem to be on the rise, there is positivity & engagement with the W1 boys that are making more young fans want to attend games. Same goes for the even younger fans with the panda club and pre match entertainment. 

IMO we’re seeing best of both worlds, financial gain that in no small part likely contributed to SP survival last season & enough happening outside 3 games last season for young fans to want to attend. 

15 hours ago, bazil85 said:

As I’ve said before, this is all old ground. It boils down to two points for me 

1. It’s not going to change while we have empty seats and this BoD

2. People can have this opinion but they don’t speak for all fans & they won’t change some fans view that the financial benefit outweighs a few people being moved seat for 3/4 games 

A few people  :lol:  Try hundreds plus the kids of the Panda club that gets cancelled as well for those games. 

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

A few people  :lol:  Try hundreds plus the kids of the Panda club that gets cancelled as well for those games. 

It’s not ideal but yet again, this has been done to death on the other subject. It isn’t going to change until we can put bums on seats. 

Also few is a relative term compared to fans attending games. We had one contributor almost jizz his pants over my use of the word ‘few’ before but it doesn’t change this. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

It’s not ideal but yet again, this has been done to death on the other subject. It isn’t going to change until we can put bums on seats. 

Also few is a relative term compared to fans attending games. We had one contributor almost jizz his pants over my use of the word ‘few’ before but it doesn’t change this. 

Well upsetting more than 10% of season ticket holders that sit in the family stand isn't going to encourage more to buy.

A few people  [emoji38]  Try hundreds plus the kids of the Panda club that gets cancelled as well for those games. 
Yeah.... Glad you picked up on that.

I got a row for highlighting that awful attempt at spin.
He then goes on to deny it and will blame you for symantics!

We should know that when he says a few he doesn't mean it literally. He quite obviously means a few hundred!

Why doesn't he just say a few hundred? Good question!

5 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well upsetting more than 10% of season ticket holders that sit in the family stand isn't going to encourage more to buy.

Who's saying all 10% are upset? If I sat in there I would understand and I'm sure others do. Record season tickets at new stadium last season & seems to be replicating this season. 

17 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Who's saying all 10% are upset? If I sat in there I would understand and I'm sure others do. Record season tickets at new stadium last season & seems to be replicating this season. 

Since most of them don't buy to move to an other stand,  I would say they are upset. 

Maybe the club should just ask them (since it only a few) to find out the true numbers, might help to avoid all the bitterness on this thread.