Club Website

I  noticed on the club website that the squad from last season is still posted. As a premier league team the club website is a bit of a mess. I also noticed on the first team squad that Djorkkaeff is listed in both the striker and the midfielder sections, are they trying to make the squad seem larger. the club Could do better at communicating in all departments.

Edited by stevie-dee

As far as I can see the squad listed is as it exists at present. I presume you are referring to the full squad picture at the top. As our present squad was added to substantially over the past week and, I hope, will have a few additions before the end of the transfer window I don't see how a squad picture could have been produced.

39 minutes ago, stevie-dee said:

I  noticed on the club website that the squad from last season is still posted. As a premier league team the club website is a bit of a mess. I also noticed on the first team squad that Djorkkaeff is listed in both the striker and the midfielder sections, are they trying to make the squad seem larger. the club Could do better at communicating in all departments.

The first team squad picture for season 19-20 hasn't been taken yet.

If Djorkaeff is listed as a midfielder and a striker it's because he can play in midfield or up front.

In what way does the Official Website fail with communication?

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah we are definitely not that great at updating the website. It does not seem to be given the highest of priorities... hopefully that will change and it will be easy to improve it...

There has been six news articles added between yesterday and today, what level of update it is you are looking for?

1 minute ago, div said:

There has been six news articles added between yesterday and today, what level of update it is you are looking for?

Okay in fairness I am basing my opinion on last season ! The squad still had players listed who were away at times and things like that...

I do agree that already things are being updated quicker this season !  Are you involved in this season's website?

Whilst we are on the subject of the official site, I would be interested in constructive feedback about the site.

Whilst I don't look after it in terms of content I do work hard with James to make sure it's well looked after, and Kev P also works hard alongside the club on graphics and stuff which go into the site.

So, what do you like and not like about the official site and what would you like to see improve or be added to the site?

(Don't moan about the ticketing site as that is nothing to do with us)

9 minutes ago, div said:

Maybe he thinks, like on the forum, that someone sits in front of a computer all day long continually updating.   :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Okay in fairness I am basing my opinion on last season ! The squad still had players listed who were away at times and things like that...

I do agree that already things are being updated quicker this season !  Are you involved in this season's website?

I designed it, and I host it and maintain it.

James and Norrie look after the content on it and Kev P does the graphics work on it (and many offline things the club does too).

15 minutes ago, div said:

I designed it, and I host it and maintain it.

James and Norrie look after the content on it and Kev P does the graphics work on it (and many offline things the club does too).

Apologies for any offence I have caused... do you collectively feel that you are kept informed early enough to get things out quickly enough?

Has it improved this season in this respect?

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Apologies for any offence I have caused... do you collectively feel that you are kept informed early enough to get things out quickly enough?

Has it improved this season in this respect?

No need to be sorry! As I say, I don't have anything to do with the day to day updates, that is all managed by the club. It's updated pretty much every single day so in my view they do a great job.

What I am interested in is how easy the site is to use, is the layout ok, what would you like to see change etc......

3 minutes ago, div said:

No need to be sorry! As I say, I don't have anything to do with the day to day updates, that is all managed by the club. It's updated pretty much every single day so in my view they do a great job.

What I am interested in is how easy the site is to use, is the layout ok, what would you like to see change etc......

What are the numbers like on the site compared to here? 

10 minutes ago, div said:

I would like to see Buddievision for free. 

Or maybe it could available to Torfason Club members ? 

Brilliant idea ? 

10 minutes ago, smcc said:

Can I ask why the News section is split in two - All News and Club News? The last entry in the Club News section is dated 27 Feb 2109 and the previous entry 10 Aug 2018.

As you say, the All News section is updated regularly.

Good to see we will still exist in 90 year’s time 😃