Club Website

42 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Buddievision is Saints' related. You don't want to pay anything toward Saints. I stand by my statement.

I don't want to pay for anything in the World. 

9 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Internet explorer. Have done for years.

This is a problem, as IE is long since end of life and does not play nicely with modern web technologies.

I appreciate that some businesses are tied to using IE because of old applications that only work with that, but there's really no reason to be using such an outdated browser other than that.

Microsoft Edge is the successor to IE and is very fast, stable and will cure all your issues if you can upgrade to it (and preserve your bookmarks and favs).

Or likes of Google Chrome and Firefox are also very good modern browsers.

All free, all very easy to get and install.

If you're using IE you must have some issues on other websites over and above St.Mirren. This one for example!

32 minutes ago, div said:

This is a problem, as IE is long since end of life and does not play nicely with modern web technologies.

I appreciate that some businesses are tied to using IE because of old applications that only work with that, but there's really no reason to be using such an outdated browser other than that.

Microsoft Edge is the successor to IE and is very fast, stable and will cure all your issues if you can upgrade to it (and preserve your bookmarks and favs).

If you're using IE you must have some issues on other websites over and above St.Mirren. This one for example!

I understand that it's old (like me) but I've never had any major problems on this site using IE. I have had problems with Chrome however. It seems to clash with my virus protection (Norton).

3 hours ago, div said:

No need to be sorry! As I say, I don't have anything to do with the day to day updates, that is all managed by the club. It's updated pretty much every single day so in my view they do a great job.

What I am interested in is how easy the site is to use, is the layout ok, what would you like to see change etc......

Please Div can it show more signings, and earlier in the transfer window?

24 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

I think the website is okay, sometimes a pain when you are trying to highlight something on the list to view but jumps to another section. Think that is more to so with the sensitivity of my mouse though

I think eventually we'll just go with a pop out menu, like we have on mobile and tablet.

I've seen the new Kilmarnock website is using that approach, allows you to do a lot more with the navigation;

https://kilmarnockfc.co.uk/

Maybe imagining it, but in the past I thought if you went to the fixtures section you were able to click the scoreline to read the match report. Doesn't seem to be an option any more. Also, would it be possible to add an option to change seasons so you can easily find reports from previous seasons? I occasionally need them for research purpose otherwise I'm fully behind making it as hard as possible for folk to read my pish.

Would also be handy if reports included links to videos of interviews, highlights etc. I don't ask for much.

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Maybe imagining it, but in the past I thought if you went to the fixtures section you were able to click the scoreline to read the match report. Doesn't seem to be an option any more. Also, would it be possible to add an option to change seasons so you can easily find reports from previous seasons? I occasionally need them for research purpose otherwise I'm fully behind making it as hard as possible for folk to read my pish.

Would also be handy if reports included links to videos of interviews, highlights etc. I don't ask for much.

Really all content suggestions rather than anything I can help with but the search option in the top right should quickly locate any old match reports or the match reports news grid is sorted in date order (albeit only last 50 are shown here).

https://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-reports-grid

12 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Club website ?

Avoid it, it’s pish

You find out most things on here long before the club get round to updating things on any online platform

They could switch it off, most people wouldn’t notice

The club sponsors would notice as would the clubs bank balance!

The e-Store has contributed well into six figures in revenue since it launched and Buddievision numbers are increasing steadily, contributing more to the clubs turnover.

6 minutes ago, div said:

Really all content suggestions rather than anything I can help with but the search option in the top right should quickly locate any old match reports or the match reports news grid is sorted in date order (albeit only last 50 are shown here).

https://www.stmirren.com/news/matchday/match-reports-grid

Fair enough, wasn't sure if any of them were coding/design things you could sort.

2 hours ago, div said:

I've tried to open seating plan on ticket site using Microsoft Edge to no avail, so switched to IE in settings/more tools. Seating plan opens no problem.

I have flash player installed. 

49 minutes ago, pod said:

I've tried to open seating plan on ticket site using Microsoft Edge to no avail, so switched to IE in settings/more tools. Seating plan opens no problem.

I have flash player installed. 

The ticketing website is fucking mental mate.

The club sponsors would notice as would the clubs bank balance!

The e-Store has contributed well into six figures in revenue since it launched and Buddievision numbers are increasing steadily, contributing more to the clubs turnover.

Sponsors will be making nothing of note by being in the official website

( Yes the club will )

Buddie vision ? YouTube/Bbc/Sky/Alba/Bt all give us highlights or some live games

Estore ? Aye, slowly improving but not the only way of getting Saints stuff

As I said in my post: we just about always find out Saints related stuff FIRST via THIS site or it’s Twitter NOT official site

Official site ? Waste of many people’s time