Kyle McAllister - the return?

Guest TPAFKATS

3 hours ago, ged62 said:

Heard about this yesterday, great bit of business if happens.

Aye, of course you did. :lol:

6 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Kind of wish these things didn’t go public to alert other teams, but would be tremendous to get Kyle back. He’s a real talent and can change games. Fingers crossed.

Agree but easier said than done these days. 

29 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, of course you did. :lol:

Agree but easier said than done these days. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

What the club can control, I hope they do. It just needs a mate or relative to let it slip. Plus. The 2+2=5 if Kyle was seen near Asda Linwood.

7 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Kind of wish these things didn’t go public to alert other teams, but would be tremendous to get Kyle back. He’s a real talent and can change games. Fingers crossed.

I know what you mean, but often it can't be helped. I don't think it is us that leaks it to the press (the Verheydt one for example was definitely the player and his agent who leaked that one). To be honest, we haven't been bad for it this season. Worth remembering a couple of weeks ago this place was in full meltdown because "there isn't even any rumours!!" and were wanting a daily briefing from the club on every transfer deal that was in process.

I take it the "don't believe the papers" stance only applies to things folk don't want to hear or don't want to be true :lol:

Would be delighted to have McAllister back, especially permanently. Get him in then a striker, leftback and centre half should have us in good shape.

Edited by Stu

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

What a piece of business this would be. 

Easy to forget given he's been about for a few years that he's still only 20 years old and if we can manage the groin issue cleverly, has a very bright future. 

The groin issue is an important point that seems to have been glossed over by most. McAllister couldn't start every game last season due to it. Will this have changed?

21 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

The groin issue is an important point that seems to have been glossed over by most. McAllister couldn't start every game last season due to it. Will this have changed?

I don't think so. I think it's something that is going to need to be managed and maintained indefinitely. He had it before he left us for Derby as well. 

47 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

Did he miss many games injured? I'm probably wrong, but I thought he pretty much started every game after Dreyer was injured. Dreyer fitted the 5-3-2 better and seemed to be keeping him out the team.

5 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

That's basically a permanent state of affairs anyway. But yes, he will be. The angry f**ker has tipped us to finish bottom, btw, in his capacity as an "expert" "pundit".

So has everyone else. 

I think its fair to say after only playing a handful of first team games before his transfer out Kyle has yet to show the consistent form his potential indicates he is capable of. Add to that the groin injury! Does he still have it? Are we in danger of repeating the same mistakes we did with Tansey, Gow etc..? Kyle visibly struggled in several games last season.

i would expect, if he can prove his fitness the likes of Hibs, Killie, Aberdeen, Well, Fakes would be interested in him. Hibs especially since Boyle is out for the forseeable. If no one else shows an interest might that be telling us something?

Edited by Lord Pityme

16 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think its fair to say after only playing a handful of first team games before his transfer out Kyle has yet to show the consistent form his potential indicates he is capable of. Add to that the groin injury! Does he still have it? Are we in danger of repeating the same mistakes we did with Tansey, Gow etc..? Kyle visibly struggled in several games last season.

i would expect, if he can prove his fitness the likes of Hibs, Killie, Aberdeen, Well, Fakes would be interested in him. Hibs especially since Boyle is out for the forseeable. If no one else shows an interest might that be telling us something?

Hibs are signing Middleton from Rangers.

Not like you to be positive 🙄

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
Two wingers on ether side boy we are going to hurt some teams this season. 

Might leave us a bit short in the middle.

2-3-5 formation. Bring it on. Do you remember a young Alex Ferguson lining us up like that when we kicked off at Love Street?  

8 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Hibs are signing Middleton from Rangers.

Not like you to be positive 🙄

You gotta laugh innit....

so because i highlight the bleedin obvious that the lad has fitness issues that saw him visibly struggle for us last season, and that signing him on a permanent deal, whilst his injury is unresolved is yet another "Tansey- Esque" decision that may negatively affect the club and the lad? Thats being negative?

no mate thats thinking with the head, not the heart!

have Hibs signed Middleton? Havent seen that announced, bit like us and Kyle!