Kyle McAllister - the return?

Guest TPAFKATS

Absolutely buzzing with this news. When Kyle is fit he's a match winner, no question about it.

Yes, his fitness has to be a slight concern, but I'd wager the club are well placed to make an assessment on that risk since he was with us for six months.

They managed him and his training accordingly and he played in 18 games between the end of January and the play off final.

Fact is if it wasn't for his injury record we'd have zero chance of getting him back, so for me this is very much a gamble worth taking.

Give us a left back and one more striker and we'll be in a good place IMO.

30 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Hibs are signing Middleton from Rangers.

Not like you to be positive 🙄

Looks like Stevie-G doesn't read bawa.. lol

📺 SG: Glenn Middleton is very close to going on loan in Holland. Fair play to him going for such a challenge. That will be good for his development, playing for a team challenging in front of passionate fans.

2 hours ago, Stu said:

I take it the "don't believe the papers" stance only applies to things folk don't want to hear or don't want to be true :lol:

Would be delighted to have McAllister back, especially permanently. Get him in then a striker, leftback and centre half should have us in good shape.

Top 4 Fitzy??? 😋

7 minutes ago, div said:

Absolutely buzzing with this news. When Kyle is fit he's a match winner, no question about it.

Yes, his fitness has to be a slight concern, but I'd wager the club are well placed to make an assessment on that risk since he was with us for six months.

They managed him and his training accordingly and he played in 18 games between the end of January and the play off final.

Fact is if it wasn't for his injury record we'd have zero chance of getting him back, so for me this is very much a gamble worth taking.

My worry for us and the lad would be if he didnt make it through to Christmas without breaking down. I have no idea about the nature of his injury, but it seems obvious it is still there and affects him limiting the fitness, strength and conditioning training he can do, and results in him fading out of games as its blowing out his arse.

you cant have a career playing like that. On the other hand if he is over the injury? yes a great signing. Hopefully its the latter and not the former

54 minutes ago, elvis said:
1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

That's basically a permanent state of affairs anyway. But yes, he will be. The angry f**ker has tipped us to finish bottom, btw, in his capacity as an "expert" "pundit".

So has everyone else. 

Thomo said second bottom. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

My worry for us and the lad would be if he didnt make it through to Christmas without breaking down. I have no idea about the nature of his injury, but it seems obvious it is still there and affects him limiting the fitness, strength and conditioning training he can do, and results in him fading out of games as its blowing out his arse.

you cant have a career playing like that. On the other hand if he is over the injury? yes a great signing. Hopefully its the latter and not the former

I've no idea to be honest. As I say, club will know the specifics and if they are happy then we should be happy!

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

📺 SG: Glenn Middleton is very close to going on loan in Holland. Fair play to him going for such a challenge. That will be good for his development, playing for a team challenging in front of passionate fans.

He was going to Holland, but Hibs nipped in at the last minute. Will sign for them today.

30 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

baby GIF

Edited by aldo_j

50 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You gotta laugh innit....

so because i highlight the bleedin obvious that the lad has fitness issues that saw him visibly struggle for us last season, and that signing him on a permanent deal, whilst his injury is unresolved is yet another "Tansey- Esque" decision that may negatively affect the club and the lad? Thats being negative?

no mate thats thinking with the head, not the heart!

have Hibs signed Middleton? Havent seen that announced, bit like us and Kyle!

I don’t think he “visibly” struggled last year and I don’t recall a game where he went off injured.

I don’t know enough about his injuries, apart from the stuff I’ve read here. The lad is clearly different to what we have and, if we can manage him, then I’d rather have a player than can offer us something different across 25 - 30 games than a diddy that offers nothing across 38.

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Permanent return on a Freeby - too good to be true

Would certainly be good news for us. When fit, he is an exciting player. We know his potential for injury and successfully managed that. This is one that, should it happen, excites me and should put more bums on seats at the SDA.  Might even boost season ticket sales towards the 4,000 mark. 

51 minutes ago, div said:

Still need a centre half as well. 

12 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I don’t think he “visibly” struggled last year and I don’t recall a game where he went off injured.

I don’t know enough about his injuries, apart from the stuff I’ve read here. The lad is clearly different to what we have and, if we can manage him, then I’d rather have a player than can offer us something different across 25 - 30 games than a diddy that offers nothing across 38.

He was subbed several times, started from the bench a few times and last game against Celtic at home he didnt get on the pitch. He had freely spoken about the fact he's had the injury since he was 14 - 15, and doctors cant get to the bottom of it other than he might have played too much with it when he was young?

he has a touch most of our team dont have, i just worry that he will breakdown and lose his career. 

1 hour ago, div said:

He'll struggle to stay fit and play 90 minutes during the busy periods of the season. My recollection of last season is he was often an impact sub for most of his second spell with us and he was struggling with 2 games a week - eg the 2nd leg of the play off against Dundee United.

I'd be happy if we get 25 x 90 minutes out of him in a season, or 30 x 60 minutes.