Honorary Member

garzo

59 minutes ago, melmac said:

There is nothing in the Rules that provides for "honorary" members. Making things up as they go along.

I'm sure we'll have the usual nugget on here saying "rules dusnae matter" etc etc.

Spot on,they should pay if they wish to be members

3 hours ago, melmac said:

There is nothing in the Rules that provides for "honorary" members. Making things up as they go along.

I'm sure we'll have the usual nugget on here saying "rules dusnae matter" etc etc.

2 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Spot on,they should pay if they wish to be members

It still to this day amazes me the most trivial thing that people will turn into a negative about our fan ownership deal :lol:

FYI something like honorary membership doesn’t need to be detailed in legislation or in this case regulation. It’s a gesture of goodwill & nothing more. People get honorary doctorates but it doesn’t mean they can go around performing surgery. 

Edited by bazil85

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It still to this day amazes me the most trivial thing that people will turn into a negative about our fan ownership deal :lol:

FYI something like honorary membership doesn’t need to be detailed in legislation or in this case regulation. It’s a gesture of goodwill & nothing more. People get honorary doctorates but it doesn’t mean they can go around performing surgery. 

Seems a bit strange though, as a fan group saving up to buy shares in a football club, that membership would just be given away.
I paid for mine on the understanding they had value.

If I knew there were free memberships I would have applied for that category instead of spending my money.

I am being facetious of course, however I'm still not any the wiser to this award and on what grounds it has been bestowed. (no disrespect at all to the recipients)
Is this something that will happen every time we change manager, does membership last as long as the period of employment or are honorary in perpetuity?
Should hall of fame members be considered, are all players to be awarded, can we back date and give out to ex managers too...

Partly in jest but ye catch my drift?

11 minutes ago, garzo said:

Seems a bit strange though, as a fan group saving up to buy shares in a football club, that membership would just be given away.
I paid for mine on the understanding they had value.

If I knew there were free memberships I would have applied for that category instead of spending my money.

I am being facetious of course, however I'm still not any the wiser to this award and on what grounds it has been bestowed. (no disrespect at all to the recipients)
Is this something that will happen every time we change manager, does membership last as long as the period of employment or are honorary in perpetuity?
Should hall of fame members be considered, are all players to be awarded, can we back date and give out to ex managers too...

Partly in jest but ye catch my drift?

It’ll be a membership in name only. They won’t have voting rights. It’s a nice gesture & nothing more to our new gaffer who is a massive part of our clubs recent history. It impacts the deal, the goal or individual members in absolutely no way whatsoever  

You at being facetious that’s for sure haha. All your questions fine but do any of them honesty really matter? 

Edited by bazil85

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’ll be a membership in name only. They won’t have voting rights. It’s a nice gesture & nothing more to our new gaffer who is a massive part of our clubs recent history. It impacts the deal, the goal or individual members in absolutely no way whatsoever  

You at being facetious that’s for sure haha. All your questions fine but do any of them honesty really matter? 

Thanks for approval of my questions, means a lot 🙂

Your reply - is it factual?

It’ll be a membership in name only. They won’t have voting rights. ? 

How do you know?

I have spotted your ? but in a later post, you state this is factual.

My apologies if I have missed a SMISA notification about this.

Cheers.

I’m not sure specifically what people want to know? 
How do you know it is in name only?
And
How do you know they won't have voting rights?

It seems many of us have missed the notification, informing the membership of the introduction of "honorary memberships"

Just now, Kombibuddie said:

How do you know it is in name only?
And
How do you know they won't have voting rights?

It seems many of us have missed the notification, informing the membership of the introduction of "honorary memberships"

Oh right sorry, now I understand... common feckin sense :lol:

this subject sums up some of our fans that will actively search for the woe in any given situation. even something as minimal as a nice gesture towards our new managerial team. 

Can some people not accept anything at all at face value? 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

What specifically would you like to know?

The facts you are aware of that you stated in an earlier response to me. 

Im curious to see this in a link, document or referred to somewhere or someone that you quote from or have knowledge of to state as factual. 

That would be helpful, thanks. 

10 minutes ago, garzo said:

The facts you are aware of that you stated in an earlier response to me. 

Im curious to see this in a link, document or referred to somewhere or someone that you quote from or have knowledge of to state as factual. 

That would be helpful, thanks. 

See above post ^^^ common sense tells us all we need to know. It will be fact. Again a small number of our fans continually look for the negative in the most trivial places & this is proof of it. 

This should be nothing more than a nice gesture to our managerial team but as usual some fans need to know intimately the details of every feckin sentence out of SMISA reps mouths :lol:

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

See above post ^^^ common sense tells us all we need to know. It will be fact. Again a small number of our fans continually look for the negative in the most trivial places & this is proof of it. 

This should be nothing more than a nice gesture to our managerial team but as usual some fans need to know intimately the details of every feckin sentence out of SMISA reps mouths :lol:

So you made it up? Put your own slant on it & called it fact?

So you don’t know, is a more truthful response? 

Im still  non the wiser to any of this & as you yourself agree my questions are perfectly reasonable. 

A nice gesture is perfectly acceptable, I’d just like to know a little more about it. 

Whats wrong with an honest response. 

Just now, garzo said:

So you made it up? Put your own slant on it & called it fact?

So you don’t know, is a more truthful response? 

Im still  non the wiser to any of this & as you yourself agree my questions are perfectly reasonable. 

A nice gesture is perfectly acceptable, I’d just like to know a little more about it. 

Whats wrong with an honest response. 

No I said they wouldn’t have a vote. Was asked if it fact. I said yes because it is. 

Youre questions are fine to have in the sense anyone is allowed to question on here, doesn’t change how pedantic they are. They also highlight what I have said on here for years, there will always be a small number of fans that physically can’t just accept anything at face value or take positives from the club. 

Asking questions about back dating to previous managers, will we give it to players & will JG lose it when he leaves the club range from ridiculous to probably not even considered (and not needing to be considered) 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

No I said they wouldn’t have a vote. Was asked if it fact. I said yes because it is. 

Youre questions are fine to have in the sense anyone is allowed to question on here, doesn’t change how pedantic they are. They also highlight what I have said on here for years, there will always be a small number of fans that physically can’t just accept anything at face value or take positives from the club. 

Asking questions about back dating to previous managers, will we give it to players & will JG lose it when he leaves the club range from ridiculous to probably not even considered (and not needing to be considered) 

Aye. You made it up. You don’t know. 

I understand honorary. It’s potentially a really positive & nice gesture to afford individuals or groups where appropriate & deserved.

Im still curious to what it’s for & means in SMISA context. if any one sensible can shed any light on this id be grateful. 

Previous applicants need not reapply. 

Something a Golf or Bowling club would do to honour a member who went above and beyond in his service to the club or association.

In this case, I can think of only one suitable candidate but Goodwin and Sharp beat him to it.

Taking it very well though 😉

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Oh right sorry, now I understand... common feckin sense :lol:

this subject sums up some of our fans that will actively search for the woe in any given situation. even something as minimal as a nice gesture towards our new managerial team. 

Can some people not accept anything at all at face value? 

Common sense you say? Seeking clarity is not "common sense"?

SMISA have just introduced a new level of membership but no one appears to know what "Honorary Membership" entails/means and you want to make it sound a bad thing that SMISA members seek clarification. I didn't sign up to remain uninformed when new initiatives develop.

Is it reallyanother search of "woe" thinking it would have been nice gesture for SMISA members to be informed. As I said previously, please remind me, when was the membership informed? It appears to have been missed.

"Face Value" you say? What is face value of "Honorary Member" with regards SMISA? Different institutions have variations of what that means. What does SMISA' version mean?

Back to common sense. I believe common sense flew right out the window the day a full time professional football club asked its supporters to buy footballs for it. :D

Edited by Kombibuddie