Honorary Member

garzo

5 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Common sense you say? Seeking clarity is not "common sense"?

SMISA have just introduced a new level of membership but no one appears to know what "Honorary Membership" entails/means and you want to make it sound a bad thing that SMISA members seek clarification. I didn't sign up to remain uninformed when new initiatives develop.

Is it reallyanother search of "woe" thinking it would have been nice gesture for SMISA members to be informed. As I said previously, please remind me, when was the membership informed? It appears to have been missed.

"Face Value" you say? What is face value of "Honorary Member" with regards SMISA? Different institutions have variations of what that means. What does SMISA' version mean?

Back to common sense. I believe common sense flew right out the window the day a full time professional football club asked its supporters to buy footballs for it. :D

Again point proven 

some fans just completely incapable of taking the positives from anything SMISA do, want to examine everything to death, scrutinise every single sentence & want even the most simplistic gestures documented oot their tits.  :lol:

funny it’s the ones that have had issues with SMISA in the past like not being able to get over the voting majority’s will. :rolleyes:

SMISA could offer every st Mirren fan £1 million tomorrow & you’d be asking ‘why not today?’ 🤣

5 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

11 posts so far from Bazil from the slightest negative comment about the club.

And he wonders why people don’t have the will to ‘debate or discuss’ with him.

Absolutely batters folk to submission with volume of posts

Let’s just graze over the fact the negative comments are about an honorary SMISA membership though eh?... 

:lol:lol:lol

So you made it up? Put your own slant on it & called it fact?

Spot the difference

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Again point proven 

some fans just completely incapable of taking the positives from anything SMISA do, want to examine everything to death, scrutinise every single sentence & want even the most simplistic gestures documented oot their tits.  :lol:

funny it’s the ones that have had issues with SMISA in the past like not being able to get over the voting majority’s will. :rolleyes:

SMISA could offer every st Mirren fan £1 million tomorrow & you’d be asking ‘why not today?’ 🤣

Bazil getting called out as talking bollox & Bazil, talking bollox.

Righto, it's been ascertained, Bazil doesn't know anymore than anyone else so cannot quantify what he presented as "factual".

Anyone else have an inkling?

Just now, Kombibuddie said:

:lol:lol:lol

Spot the difference

Bazil getting called out as talking bollox & Bazil, talking bollox.

Righto, it's been ascertained, Bazil doesn't know anymore than anyone else so cannot quantify what he presented as "factual".

Anyone else have an inkling?

Neither of them will get a vote in SMISA matters. Don’t let that get in the way of your negativity over honorary memberships though 🤣

Just now, bazil85 said:

Neither of them will get a vote in SMISA matters. Don’t let that get in the way of your negativity over honorary memberships though 🤣

More bollox from Bazil.

Dear oh dear, not like you to make shite up...… err, hold on a minute

24 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

More bollox from Bazil.

Dear oh dear, not like you to make shite up...… err, hold on a minute

#stmoan

imagine turning an honorary membership into a negative, SMISA BTB being nothing but a success must be hitting you harder than I though. Maybe see if LPM & Dicko are into starting a support group. :lol:

There are always questions. Allowed & encouraged I’d say, in a membership environment. 

It’s good to be curious & have a fair level of scrutiny where there’s potential for misunderstanding of powers available to a committee or board; in particular when things appear unexpectedly out of the blue.

Ill informed, guess work, defensive responses & reactions can sometimes raise further concerns where none existed in the first place. 

Just an observation. 

Edited by garzo

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

#stmoan

imagine turning an honorary membership into a negative, SMISA BTB being nothing but a success must be hitting you harder than I though. Maybe see if LPM & Dicko are into starting a support group. :lol:

:lol:lol 

and the next instalment of Bazil talking shite is......

FFS always someone spinning a negative on a positive.

The feel good factor is back, get the gaffer involved with promoting SMiSA, potentially gain more memberships. 

I can't see why folk see the need to bump their gums about the bloody manager been given an honorary membership, which in other words is most likely an Ambassador type recognition for SMiSA.

FFS always someone spinning a negative on a positive.
The feel good factor is back, get the gaffer involved with promoting SMiSA, potentially gain more memberships. 
I can't see why folk see the need to bump their gums about the bloody manager been given an honorary membership, which in other words is most likely an Ambassador type recognition for SMiSA.
I have no issue with it but would be nice to know what it entails.

There are various memberships,

Standard
Plus
Premium

& now Honorary

We know the criteria for Standard, Plus & Premium

Is it really such a bad thing to ask what the Honorary Membership criteria is?

53 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

I have no issue with it but would be nice to know what it entails.

There are various memberships,

Standard
Plus
Premium

& now Honorary

We know the criteria for Standard, Plus & Premium

Is it really such a bad thing to ask what the Honorary Membership criteria is?

Probably haven't even considered a standard criteria and absolutely no reason why they should at this stage.

As previously said, a nice, positive, feel good message about our St Mirren legend new gaffer & his assistant yet some people need to pick holes in it because of held negative views around SMISA & pedantic natures. 

Probably haven't even considered a standard criteria and absolutely no reason why they should at this stage.

As previously said, a nice, positive, feel good message about our St Mirren legend new gaffer & his assistant yet some people need to pick holes in it because of held negative views around SMISA & pedantic natures. 

Is standard not the £12 membership then £25 and then the Ten year membership package

You just can't stop yourself talking bollox. Dear oh dear.

Rumplestiltskin wants his spinning wheel back.

As an x smisa member not bothered. However it is valid for members to ascertain what, if any criteria has been drawn up to award Honorary Memberships?

on the face of it having the manager as an HM isnt a bad thing, when involved with the committee I and another committee member raised the suggestion of 'Honouring" a member who had passed away suddenly.

after a few um's and Ah's the majority basically said "well if we did it for that member's passing, we'd have to do it for all who pass away whilst members" I responded.."and thats a bad thing?" They wouldnt swing for it, or even compromise by putting that members name as first on the Founder Members wall of fame.

54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

As an x smisa member not bothered. However it is valid for members to ascertain what, if any criteria has been drawn up to award Honorary Memberships?

on the face of it having the manager as an HM isnt a bad thing, when involved with the committee I and another committee member raised the suggestion of 'Honouring" a member who had passed away suddenly.

after a few um's and Ah's the majority basically said "well if we did it for that member's passing, we'd have to do it for all who pass away whilst members" I responded.."and thats a bad thing?" They wouldnt swing for it, or even compromise by putting that members name as first on the Founder Members wall of fame.

Jesus the number of times you’ve brought up cancelling your membership. Considering the circumstances where you cancelled it, because less than 1% of members voted for a proposal you backed (but didn’t vote for) i’d be keeping quiet on it...