Honorary Member

garzo

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

Regarding first named on the wall, I personally think that would have been a excellent gesture for that bud and their family. emoji106.png

ETA, Think the Committee have picked the management duo to advertise themselves. Some say all publicity is good publicity. emoji848.png

It seems like a cack-handed attempt to try and make them look like good guys, they come out a bit arse-kissy on this one.

23 hours ago, bazil85 said:

It’ll be a membership in name only. They won’t have voting rights. It’s a nice gesture & nothing more to our new gaffer who is a massive part of our clubs recent history. It impacts the deal, the goal or individual members in absolutely no way whatsoever  

You at being facetious that’s for sure haha. All your questions fine but do any of them honesty really matter? 

Fair play but What has his assistant done to deserve one?

Tbf i might be a part of btb’s but in my personal opinion SMISA is a shambles of a organisation, pure pals act. Need people with proper ideas on board not who licks arse the most. 

I await the bite 😘

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

It seems like a cack-handed attempt to try and make them look like good guys, they come out a bit arse-kissy on this one.

They would look like even better guys had they joined of their own free will and ponied up like any other member.....incidentally I don't really have an issue with what's been done but the cack-handedness of it leaves it open to criticism, again!!

27 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

he asked for a link to where you got your information from.

And I told him it wasn't a link it was common sense. I was only highlighting the proof in this thread that some SMFC fans point blank, can't accept the positives in some subjects. 

16 minutes ago, mattman said:

Fair play but What has his assistant done to deserve one?

Tbf i might be a part of btb’s but in my personal opinion SMISA is a shambles of a organisation, pure pals act. Need people with proper ideas on board not who licks arse the most. 

I await the bite 😘

He's not done anything close to what JG has but again, him being given an honorary membership has no real impact on anyone's life, BTB or SMISA. 

I feel people with this view need to remember that SMISA is very limited in what it can do without the say of their members. I don't see much in the way of a 'pals act' in proposals getting voted through with big voting member majorities. It's just democracy. 

Just now, cockles1987 said:

I'm quite happy they haven't joined like that, can only imagine the conspirators foaming at the mouth saying they only joined to vote for certain quarterly pot choices. emoji23.png

I can see that POV too!!

Just now, bazil85 said:

He's not done anything close to what JG has but again, him being given an honorary membership has no real impact on anyone's life, BTB or SMISA. 

I feel people with this view need to remember that SMISA is very limited in what it can do without the say of their members. I don't see much in the way of a 'pals act' in proposals getting voted through with big voting member majorities. It's just democracy. 

We get fed crappy proposals to vote over constantly. Paid an absolute fortune for murals (which are nice) when i know someone offered to do it for sweet FA. 

The northbank boys have their finger on the pulse, should maybe get Josh involved. Clever boy who’s not scared to go against the grain and would probably earn the club money, instead of giving away free hospitality to pals and what not 🤷‍♂️ 

On 8/6/2019 at 4:37 PM, bazil85 said:

It still to this day amazes me the most trivial thing that people will turn into a negative about our fan ownership deal :lol:

FYI something like honorary membership doesn’t need to be detailed in legislation or in this case regulation. It’s a gesture of goodwill & nothing more. People get honorary doctorates but it doesn’t mean they can go around performing surgery. 

An honorary doctorate is a legitimate qualification and there are rules governing how they are allocated. They can and are removed from the recipient on occasion.

And I told him it wasn't a link it was common sense. I was only highlighting the proof in this thread that some SMFC fans point blank, can't accept the positives in some subjects. 
You presented "no voting rights" as "factual" which implies you had info on this that others did not.

From what I recall, both Garzo & myself stated apologies if we'd missed info on it but in your eyes, any questions is being negative about SMISA or St Mirren.

Looks like you nearly broke your neck getting to the spinning wheel & you put Rumplestiltskin to shame as you talked bollox and spun your nonsense.

Hey ho.

43 minutes ago, mattman said:

We get fed crappy proposals to vote over constantly. Paid an absolute fortune for murals (which are nice) when i know someone offered to do it for sweet FA. 

The northbank boys have their finger on the pulse, should maybe get Josh involved. Clever boy who’s not scared to go against the grain and would probably earn the club money, instead of giving away free hospitality to pals and what not 🤷‍♂️ 

There have been many different varieties of proposals over the years & it’s always a common theme that club benefits are the most popular.

For me how a proposal is dressed up, whether that be for matchballs, Ralston improvements or the bloody gas bill I couldn’t care less. Anything that saves the club I support money will be my priority. The evidence points to that being the popular voting opinion. Ignoring that would therefore be wrong. 

Josh can propose what he wants, it’ll still need to be voted on, see above about club benefits always winning^^ 

what do you mean free hospitality for pals? 

28 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

An honorary doctorate is a legitimate qualification and there are rules governing how they are allocated. They can and are removed from the recipient on occasion.

I know what an honorary doctorate is. 

Edited by bazil85

15 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

You presented "no voting rights" as "factual" which implies you had info on this that others did not.

From what I recall, both Garzo & myself stated apologies if we'd missed info on it but in your eyes, any questions is being negative about SMISA or St Mirren.

Looks like you nearly broke your neck getting to the spinning wheel & you put Rumplestiltskin to shame as you talked bollox and spun your nonsense.

Hey ho.

It is factual 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

There have been many different varieties of proposals over the years & it’s always a common theme that club benefits are the most popular.

For me how a proposal is dressed up, whether that be for matchballs, Ralston improvements or the bloody gas bill I couldn’t care less. Anything that saves the club I support money will be my priority. The evidence points to that being the popular voting opinion. Ignoring that would therefore be wrong. 

Josh can propose what he wants, it’ll still need to be voted on, see above about club benefits always winning^^ 

what do you mean free hospitality for pals? 

😂😂😂 same people get same freebies every week, every time I’ve been in hospitality the prize draw has been done Campbell has picked a name that he doesn’t know or like then ends up doing it again. Quicker folk like him are out the club the better. Actually annoys me there’s certain elements of our support who think they’re a class above. Front bums if you ask me 🤷‍♂️. The club has so much potential to make extra cash but still have the same dinosaurs in pulling the strings. From club shop, commercial, ticket office same crap every year. Same idiots with a stick up their arse. I support my club through thick and thin but I just think a lot of staff members are just there to get paid. 

The fact the club have warned people with bans cos they’ve had opinions about certain members of staff is just hilarious. 

Might be getting carried away a bit here but it’s what has always annoyed me about st mirren.

6 minutes ago, mattman said:

😂😂😂 same people get same freebies every week, every time I’ve been in hospitality the prize draw has been done Campbell has picked a name that he doesn’t know or like then ends up doing it again. Quicker folk like him are out the club the better. Actually annoys me there’s certain elements of our support who think they’re a class above. Front bums if you ask me 🤷‍♂️. The club has so much potential to make extra cash but still have the same dinosaurs in pulling the strings. From club shop, commercial, ticket office same crap every year. Same idiots with a stick up their arse. I support my club through thick and thin but I just think a lot of staff members are just there to get paid. 

The fact the club have warned people with bans cos they’ve had opinions about certain members of staff is just hilarious. 

Might be getting carried away a bit here but it’s what has always annoyed me about st mirren.

And........................................BREATH. :lol:

7 minutes ago, mattman said:

Yeah I think you are. That all pretty much sounds tinfoil hat... don’t worry though you’ll get the support for that kind of stuff on here. :lol:

Just now, bazil85 said:

Yeah I think you are. That all pretty much sounds tinfoil hat... don’t worry though you’ll get the support for that kind of stuff on here. :lol:

I’m fine with that, I’d rather the support on here off decent like minded buddies than be an absolute bum licker of the highest degree. GS could put us in admin and you’d still try and find a positive out it ya wet wipe 😘

5 minutes ago, mattman said:

I’m fine with that, I’d rather the support on here off decent like minded buddies than be an absolute bum licker of the highest degree. GS could put us in admin and you’d still try and find a positive out it ya wet wipe 😘

Again let’s remember people are being negative over a feckin honorary membership. :lol:

it’s a wee bit different to him putting the club in danger. 

You can be negative all you want that’s fine. I’m positive because we’re miles ahead of schedule in an arrangement that’ll put SMFC in the hands of the people that care most, the fans. The st Moan crowd can be upset about that, not my bag. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, mattman said:

I like that name in bold, very funny. Incidentally i know you are right, i was on the SMiSA committee for a season and a half and during that time was offered a free place in  hospitality on 2 occasions, reason being the tables were not all full and they wanted to make the place look busy. I declined both offers.